By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you like the name "Switch"?

Do you like the name "Switch"?

Yes. 82 51.25%

No. 36 22.50%

Nintendo should have stuc... 42 26.25%

Total:160

Yes, you are switching from a handheld to a home console, but do you like the name "Switch"?  It's functional, but it sounds too generic.  When I think of "Nintendo," I think of video games.  But when you say "Nintendo Switch," it sounds like such a let down.

Around the Network

It's better than Wii _____, but it's also kind of a vanilla/bland name itself.

No, but it's better than the Wii U. At least we can make connections as to why it's named "switch".

I like it. Pretty easy name to market and thats the important thing.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I really do. Not sure why

Around the Network

Not really, but I do like that is called NINTENDO Switch, because everybody is gonna call it "the Nintendo", which I love and think is good for the brand.

Ljink96 said:
No, but it's better than the Wii U. At least we can make connections as to why it's named "switch".

"Wii" I like.  "Wii U" is like a bad sequel.  "Switch" is like naming your kid "Norman" or "Clarence."  Really, who does that to a console?

Yes I do, I very much like the name. Very cool, and besides the games and price, I think it will be one of the reasons as to why this console will sell. It's very simple and I can see it being easily remembered and recognizable. They also have a good logo for it, which is good. Nintendo did this well.

Meh is ok.

No, the name is awful. But it's an improvement over WiiU. At least we know why it's called Switch, because you can switch it from home console to handheld, or viceversa.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.