By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch is about to absolutely murder everything in Japan

does the switch can hold on a poket like the 3DS or the VITA ?
i don't think so
so it will not be as popular as a handheld
and on the go ? who will carry a 300/400$ console in the streets or buses ? not kids anyway , adults for sure can , but kids will not be able to play on the go , so this is not a typical handheld like the previous ones.

Around the Network
gintama said:
i don't think so
and on the go ? who will carry a 300/400$ console in the streets or buses ? not kids anyway , adults for sure can , but kids will not be able to play on the go , so this is not a typical handheld like the previous ones.

Don't people carry expensive phones? Or their not really a thing in Japan (like high GB storage or better monthly data/credit = Expensive Phones)

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Kerotan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Oh yeah, its evident that appeals to a massive audience.

I already stated multiple times it doesn't.  Hence why it would be stupid for Sony to do anything other than what they're doing now.  Which is dominating the console market. 

Did you? I saw boasting about it.

I'm sure Sony is happy to be on top of the home console arena. Shame they couldn't be relevant in portable gaming as well. I own a Vita, its a cool device.

Switch and 3DS are going to be the only options it seems. Now we'll see if that will help Nintendo thrive, or will mobile phones continue to steal people from portable console gaming.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Jranation said:
gintama said:
i don't think so

Don't people carry expensive phones? Or their not really a thing in Japan (like high GB storage or better monthly data/credit = Expensive Phones)

i clearly said kids , kids with a big, expensive tablet on the way home , or school, will not be a common thing , i do not speak of being stolen , but damged/dropped.

i imagined my self as a parent , i will not give my kid a console that more then likely can be damaged, i would rather give him my newest phone , than a tablet to play .
but like i said , thats me imagining it , i may be wrong  :))

Mr Puggsly said:
Kerotan said:

I already stated multiple times it doesn't.  Hence why it would be stupid for Sony to do anything other than what they're doing now.  Which is dominating the console market. 

Did you? I saw boasting about it.

I'm sure Sony is happy to be on top of the home console arena. Shame they couldn't be relevant in portable gaming as well. I own a Vita, its a cool device.

Switch and 3DS are going to be the only options it seems. Now we'll see if that will help Nintendo thrive, or will mobile phones continue to steal people from portable console gaming.

You are mistaken my friend. I stated how awesome a feature it is on the vita and on smart phones.  And I've stated multiple times how very few people care. 

Mobile phones will obviously still grow,  but Nintendo could pull off another successful mobile console be it the Switch or a direct 3DS successor.  Time will tell. 

Around the Network
gintama said:
Jranation said:

i clearly said kids , kids with a big, expensive tablet on the way home , or school, will not be a common thing , i do not speak of being stolen , but damged/dropped.

i imagined my self as a parent , i will not give my kid a console that more then likely can be damaged, i would rather give him my newest phone , than a tablet to play .
but like i said , thats me imagining it , i may be wrong  :))

If it is like a family trip and the kid will might just play it in long travels like in the car or train then i think that would be fine. 

But yeah like what you said.

From the trailer there was No kids even playing. Which is a good and bad thing. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

If there is anything that can beat the 3DS....... It wl be the Switch! And even saying that..... It will still be a tough journey!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Yes, especially that now it is almost certain that Monster Hunter will be a launch lineup title along with Zelda and possibly Splatoon.
Adding to that the fact that it'll be Nintendo's sole console so all the focus is going to be on it. I don't see how they're not going to slay in Japan, but in the west it is a big question mark for me.

Easy, they just need to hire Shoko Asahara.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I can't believe someone is saying Switch won't hurt PS4 in Japan... Is just like say Xbox one is not hurting PS4 in USA.
The fact that Dragon Quest XI will release on Switch and 3DS is already a bad thing for PS4, and is only the first one.