By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch, what did you like, and what did you dislike?

It looks good. I liked everything but the lack of power.

Around the Network
Azuren said:
Lawlight said:

Yes, Nintendo fans. If you look at it rationally, other than being a fan of the Nintendo IPs, gamers have no real reason to get this over a PS4 or X1.

Hi. Sony fan here. 

I'm super excited about the prospect of this system. 

Why though? I simply cannot find where I can use this system.

Lawlight said:
Azuren said:

Hi. Sony fan here. 

I'm super excited about the prospect of this system. 

anywhere? the trailer made that perfectly clear

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Well, I'll say that I'm actually looking forward to a Nintendo console. Their consoles/handhelds have not been on my radar in years.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

I like everything so at this point i'm just waiting to be disappointed whenever the battery or specs come out.

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Lawlight said:

anywhere? the trailer made that perfectly clear

To play games on balcony parties? While playing an actual sport? When going trekking? That's what the trailer showed me. The only good one was in the airport / plane but even then it can be replaced with a tablet or phone.

I like it.

- It looks extremely focused . They are trying to have a more unique product, but seems they are taking the gaming aspect seriously.
- No gimmicks. It really seems to be all about the games. Heck, it doesn't even look like it has touchscreen, NFC, or Motion Controls. This will keep costs down and make sure that Nintendo and the developers are not forced or enticed to use unnecessary gameplay mechanics. I do not need it to be touchscreen. I think Nintendo understands people will have their phones and laptops if a browser or other random functionalities are needed. This does not seems to be trying to replace the tablet, but rather just be a portable gaming device.

I will be wary of how powerful the console is (especially for the home console aspect) and the battery life, but I am actually quite impressed. Looks like some lessons were learned from the WiiU.

Those developers are a who's who list of 3DS devs. I mean we have...

Level 5 (Dragon Quest VIII, Dark Cloud, Fantasy Life, Yokai Watch, Ni No Kuni)

Atlus (ETRIAN ODYSSEY 5!!! Persona, SMT: Apocalypse, SMT: Devil Survivor)

Square Enix (Bravely Default, Dragon Quest, FF Tactics)

Capcom (MONSTER HUNTER 5!!! Street Fighter V? DMC)

This pretty much means, that all the good devs for 3DS will start making games for NX. That is a massive boost in games for Nintendo's home console.

FROM, Bethesda, Take2, and Ubisoft are welcome third party support. It remains to be seen whether they will support with anything more than ports though.

1. Colour scheme (black and grey looks awesome).
2. The pro game controller.
3. The name "switch", it identifies that the console is able to switch between a portable and a home console.. no confused consumer (see Wii u).
4. Playing full fledged game on the go as compared to playing free2play mobile games of the same name.

Dislikes:
1. Rumoured battery life.
2. Lack of power... Again..
3. The joy-con controller..

I like the idea of having easy multiplayer on a portable. It's a feature I can see myself using a bit now, and would have used a lot more when I was younger. Being able to play console games anywhere is really nice.

Other than that though, I'm not all that sold on it. I don't see any way in which this is better than the PS4 or XBone for a console gamer.

I think it's a really nice handheld, but not a good home console. Unless there is some sort of secret, I don't see it being successful.