By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who else loves his job?

So about your job...

I love it! 28 36.84%

I hate it! 25 32.89%

meh... 23 30.26%

Total:76

It's good to hear that the majority love their job (I voted hate). That gives me hope that me pursing a different career will ultimately lead to my own happiness.

My life could certainly be worse so I am greatful to have a job at least. 

Around the Network
teamsilent13 said:

It's good to hear that the majority love their job (I voted hate). That gives me hope that me pursing a different career will ultimately lead to my own happiness.

My life could certainly be worse so I am greatful to have a job at least. 

Jobs, even in the same field, can bei completely different. The tasks you have to do are actually just a small part of the job enjoyment. Its mostly how nice your colleagues are and the amount of respect you get from your superiors. A good work environment can make even the most horrible jobs at least bearable.

That's also true vice versa. The coolest and most interesting job in the world can be the worst thing ever if your colleagues are miserable assholes. That was the case for me in my last job. I really liked my work there but every day was torture with my colleagues around. I had 3 jobs in my life and only in that short 5 months excursion I experienced such a misery.

So sometimes just changing the workplace and not necessarily the line of work will make things ok. I admit though that I pretty lucked out with my current one.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Lack of work bothers me. I need new puzzles to solve, otherwise I get bored to tears. Fortunately there is ample work to do virtually all the time.

StarOcean said:
I love my job. I'm a caregiver for mental and physically disabled people. So I help them with their meds, cook, clean, and help them with their shopping. I also take them on car rides, walks, and other places like the pool or movies if they want. It's a fun and exciting job. I always love going. However, it can be occasionally dangerous... and if I work night shift I don't have anything to do so I play PS4 with my coworkers

I salute you, society needs more people like you!

It´s very important to love your job :) I love mine, even though it´s nothing "wow" :P
I´m a waiter in a very well known pizza franchise here in my city :) My partners are awesome and that make the job really enjoyable :)
I´m also studying because I want to graduate from Total quality control :)

Around the Network

I love the people where I am, they are great. They help me get through it but majority of the actual work is not that great. Demands of clients and the idea that one (what is usually not an issue) mistake can cost my company money is annoying. Sometimes 'issues' are not a problem and easily sorted but clients might not see it that way.

Hmm, pie.

Lawlight said:

What I love is:

Playing video games
Travelling and visiting small towns or seeing great sceneries
Going to the movies
Discovering new restaurants with my wife while we're walking around the city

Working isn't as fun as one of those so no I don't love my job. I only like it as much as one can like working.

Edit: I'm assuming people who say they love their mean they love their job relatively speaking. Because surely you don't love it so much that you'd want to do it on the week-ends, for example.

To the bolded comment: I do indeed love my job and I do work on the weekends to get things done that need to be done. So at least for the time being, I do love my job enough to work on weekends. It really helps to work in a position that you have general passion for.

Raistline said:
Lawlight said:

What I love is:

Playing video games
Travelling and visiting small towns or seeing great sceneries
Going to the movies
Discovering new restaurants with my wife while we're walking around the city

Working isn't as fun as one of those so no I don't love my job. I only like it as much as one can like working.

Edit: I'm assuming people who say they love their mean they love their job relatively speaking. Because surely you don't love it so much that you'd want to do it on the week-ends, for example.

To the bolded comment: I do indeed love my job and I do work on the weekends to get things done that need to be done. So at least for the time being, I do love my job enough to work on weekends. It really helps to work in a position that you have general passion for.

So, you'd rather work than play games, spend time with your gf or go out an eat, etc?

Lawlight said:
Raistline said:

So, you'd rather work than play games, spend time with your gf or go out an eat, etc?

Sometimes, yes I would. It mostly depends on if the current project, upgrade, or whatever I am working on is interesting enough. Working on networks and computers is a hobby of mine that just so happens to be what I do at work. 

Obviously there is some drudgery in my job where I would rather be at home zoning out at the TV.  What can I say, I just really enjoy my job.

Lawlight said:

In some cases, yeah. I don't have a gf, but as much as I like playing games, it gets boring if I do it too much. My work is very rewarding. Heck, I like it enough that sometimes, last night for example, I even do it unpaid.