By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo skipping corporate strategy meeting for Q2 earnings

Darwinianevolution said:
WagnerPaiva said:
This pretty much confirms that it is not october. Probably not even november.
And there is no point to announce it in december, so, yes, Nintendo screwed this again.

If Nintendo is plannin to delay the NX, then at least we're looking at a summer release, at best. That means almost half a year with the WiiU dead and the 3DS barely alive (thanks to 3rd party, ironically). This won't get people confident in your product.

If they plan on delaying we will find out when they post the finanical because they list it in the third section of the document, which covers R&D, the last one in July still had the NX listed as a launch in March, that part whould change.

And the lack of a strategy meeting might me a good sign for when we are getting the NX information, notice I say might. Since Kimishima at the press event or when he talks to the analysts more then likely will say when the event will be, and that is were they are expending all of their resources at the moment for the NX roll out.

Around the Network

The reveal is totally imminent guys

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Goodnightmoon said:
Jpcc86 said:
So I guess this is how Nintendo dies.

And I guess this is how hyperboles work on internet.

Isnt that obvious?

That's... Somewhat odd.
Maybe the results are bad and they don't want to face investors? Or why would they skip investor's breefing? Mmmhh...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

But, see, someone might steal the idea and then manufacture and make games for it before the NX releases.

Around the Network

ohohohohohoho Nintendo, you laughable moron.

Nintendo is a master at this, we keep lowering our expectations, and still, they manage to not meet any of them.

Impressive work.

Jpcc86 said:

If what you said is true, Nintendo lasted longer than Sega did. Obviously they won't die, but they could eventually go full mobile.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Pavolink said:
That's... Somewhat odd.
Maybe the results are bad and they don't want to face investors? Or why would they skip investor's breefing? Mmmhh...

They are still meeting with the press and the analysts so it not that it is that bad. (It still may be but...) It just skiping the meeting were they bring out what they are going to be releasing the next quarter, which we know about Mario Run and Pokemon, though that may be covered by the Pokemon company. And the financial paperwork they post on the investor website will be telling if they plan to push back the NX, since the release date was lisited as March 2017 worldwide in the R&D section in July. There is a high chance this is a sign that they intend to do the NX reveal in the next few weeks.

But be preapared they still can go: 'we plan on announcing when we will do the NX reveal so stay tuned', when they talk to the press, but I doubt that will fly when they talk to analysts they usually want concrete information and this may send their stocks falling if they do the above.

Jpcc86 said:

Yes, they are doomed.

Culipechi said:
Jpcc86 said:

Yes, they are doomed.

Its the end. Life will never be the same. I bet they will sell their IPs to MS.