By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think the NX will be delayed until holiday 2017?

Is the NX delayed from its March announced release date?

Yes 93 39.74%

No 119 50.85%

See results 22 9.40%

Total:234
bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:
Next week we will know for sure that NX is still on track, Nintendo confirmed that NX news still coming this year.

True Nintendo of Europe if I'm not mistaken said it'd be announced this year to Wall Street Journal I believe.

Correct.

Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima will nonetheless meet with the press next Wednesday and analysts the following day. While we’re unlikely to see any news about NX in an online presentation within the next few days, it’s possible that something will be said next week about how the platform will be unveiled. A Nintendo spokesman also reiterated that more on NX is coming by the end of this year.

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-skipping-corporate-strategy-meeting-for-q2-earnings/

Around the Network

There's no gun to Nintendo's head to not miss March, it's not like March is some special month. They already missed the big period which was holiday 2016.

Their earnings period this year is already taken care of because Pokemon Go (and probably) Super Mario Run are going to be such big hits that it will insulate their stock price from dropping if NX gets delayed. Investors don't care about the NX all that much, they want those sweet, sweet mobile revenues so they're going to be happy with this fiscal year no matter what. That and the NES Mini could produce a fairly decent amount of money for them. 

bigtakilla said:
Eagle367 said:
No I think their plan is to go in guns ablazing and keep the hype level up throughout. Keep advertising it aggressively so that in just a few months, everybody knows and gets excited by NX

Cause if anyone is known for an aggressive marketing campaigns it's Nintendo.... Oh wait.

Change. Nintendo is changing their strategy

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also