By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Red Dead 3 announcement with the NX

Attiq said:
Roketan said:
It's not happening. Rockstar doesn't care about NX.

Actually. Rockstar don't give a damn about Nintendo.

I used to work for EB games in Australia. When I went to the 6 monthly conference (before the days of EB Expo) I met one of the head Devs for Rockstar and asked him if GTA would appear on Nintendo's home consoles. His reply set the record straight. They made Chinatown Wars for the DS to show Nintendo that those games don't and wont sell on Nintendo Consoles, also that was what Bully was meant to prove as well. He continued to say that now that CTW's was out they could put it on PSP and it would triple sales on DS (I think both did bad but PSP was still lower than DS in actual sales).

If Rockstar is putting anything on a Nintendo console Nintendo would have had to fork out a great deal of money (which if I rememeber is what stopped it happening on WiiU, could be wrong there tho.) and I mean a Great big bucket of golden buckets and forks.

Nice info. Thanks for sharing this with us. Yeah, i should have said Nintendo instead of NX XD. I mean, if they didn't bothered with 3DS and Wii which were both popular, it's hard to believe that they will bother with NX, especially after how bad WiiU did. 

It's crystal clear that with PS4 and Xbone (PC too) they cover the 95% of the gaming crowd. 

Around the Network
Roketan said:
Attiq said:

Actually. Rockstar don't give a damn about Nintendo.

I used to work for EB games in Australia. When I went to the 6 monthly conference (before the days of EB Expo) I met one of the head Devs for Rockstar and asked him if GTA would appear on Nintendo's home consoles. His reply set the record straight. They made Chinatown Wars for the DS to show Nintendo that those games don't and wont sell on Nintendo Consoles, also that was what Bully was meant to prove as well. He continued to say that now that CTW's was out they could put it on PSP and it would triple sales on DS (I think both did bad but PSP was still lower than DS in actual sales).

If Rockstar is putting anything on a Nintendo console Nintendo would have had to fork out a great deal of money (which if I rememeber is what stopped it happening on WiiU, could be wrong there tho.) and I mean a Great big bucket of golden buckets and forks.

Nice info. Thanks for sharing this with us. Yeah, i should have said Nintendo instead of NX XD. I mean, if they didn't bothered with 3DS and Wii which were both popular, it's hard to believe that they will bother with NX, especially after how bad WiiU did. 

It's crystal clear that with PS4 and Xbone (PC too) they cover the 95% of the gaming crowd. 

Well Rockstar released 3 games on the Wii. Nothing amazing, but still...

KLXVER said:
Roketan said:

Yeah but i think 2 of them were ports and excluding Bully all were low profile games.

Roketan said:
KLXVER said:

Yeah but i think 2 of them were ports and excluding Bully all were low profile games.

I think Rockstar will try again if the NX becomes popular. If its comparable to the XB1 and PS4 then I can see they porting some of their bigger titles.

Roketan said:
KLXVER said:

It doesn't mean its impossible. Just that it will take a lot of incentive from Nintendo to do.

The Problem with Bully was that it was a game a few years old and from the PS2 era. Hence it didnt sell well, heck ports one month later than other consoles prove that late ports don't sell. Ports are fine under 2 conditions.

1 The ports are released at the same time other consoles get them.

2 The Port is 15 to 20 years old and you cannot get the games in original format anymore.

Around the Network

Whats interesting is that there is teasing for NX reveal this-next week and in same time teasing for RDR2, so maybe RDR2 on NX ravile!? :D

onionberry said:

People are not going to believe me because I'm not going to talk about my source, to you, I'm just a random vgchartz user shit posting. I would think the same because it sounds ridiculous. I live in NY and I know someone from NY, and that someone told me that RD3 is going to be announced with the Nintendo NX. I would never post this ridiculous thread but I have my reasons to believe. So yeah, surprise surprise. Please tag. In a few days you're going to comeback and say that I was guessing, and others will say fuck you for the spoiler so I will be hated anyways.

Did he gave you some other info!?

That is extremely unlikely, if anything I would imagine the reveal to happen at PSX in December, but more likely R* will have their own announcement.

keep dreaming

That would be a shocker

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS