Lawlight said:
Culipechi said:
I say it again. Vr in general is a fad.

I echo this.

StarOcean said:
Lawlight said:

I echo this.

Same here

That would be a massive tragedy. After playing Driveclub and a handfull of FPS games in VR I have no interest in going back to play Call of Duty, Battlefield, or Titanfall. I am very glad Gran Turismo will be supporting VR, because racing in VR is a completely different and massively better experience than racing on a conventional screen. 

Even in this form VR and motion offer a leap in gaming that no amount of power, effects, and resolution will ever be able to match. This is the first new generation of games since PS1 & N64. VR is like playing Gran Turismo or Mario 64 back in the mid/late 90's. Games have not felt this satisfying for me for over a decade.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
Culipechi said:
I say it again. Vr in general is a fad.

Lawlight said:

I echo this.

StarOcean said:

Same here

That would be a massive tragedy. After playing Driveclub and a handfull of FPS games in VR I have no interest in going back to play Call of Duty, Battlefield, or Titanfall. I am very glad Gran Turismo will be supporting VR, because racing in VR is a completely different and massively better experience than racing on a conventional screen. 

Even in this form VR and motion offer a leap in gaming that no amount of power, effects, and resolution will ever be able to match. This is the first new generation of games since PS1 & N64. VR is like playing Gran Turismo or Mario 64 back in the mid/late 90's. Games have not felt this satisfying for me for over a decade.

VR has its perks. But I honestly don't see it taking the gaming world by storm for a long time. Not in its current state. Right now I see it being used mostly for neurology. That's where it will be more beneficial and can be used to study the brain

StarOcean said:
KBG29 said:

VR has its perks. But I honestly don't see it taking the gaming world by storm for a long time. Not in its current state. Right now I see it being used mostly for neurology. That's where it will be more beneficial and can be used to study the brain

We shall see. I fully agree with its reach far beyond gaming. That is why it is very exciting that Sony is looking to bring all forms of content to PSVR encompassing things outside of gaming and entertainment. I think HTC, Facebook, and Sony will all benefit greatly from having jumped into the market early.

As for gaming though. I think VR is the future of online gaming. Online gaming already takes place in solitude, with interaction coming from only people in your online server. With VR and Motion, the social connection can be massively increased. The ability to workas a team, and communicate with other via gesture and voice could make COD much better. This is something that could happen as soon as next year with scorpio and PSVR. All it takes is one of these big games, COD, GTA to set the standards, and from there VR will be the future.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I've said it before... VR in 2016 is Sega CD in 1992. The tech is the future, but not ready for mass consumption.

Around the Network

VR would be better in arcades I think.

SWORDF1SH said:
Try wearing it without glasses, I wear glasses and could see perfectly fine using PSVR without them. The light coming through the bottom, set up headset like normal and once set up lift the band up at the back of your head and you can close the gap up pretty good.

If you have to wear glasses for PSVR it works fine but not as great as using it wothout.

I tried it with Rez Infinite. Without glasses I can slide the display a little closer which reduces the gap at the bottom and increases the preceived fov somewhat. However my eyes are worse than the low res goggles, it's a lot harder to read text and keep track of all the moving things in Rez. One little benefit, screen door effect is impossible to notice without glasses lol.

Perhaps one day you'll be able to dial in your perscription in these headsets. I don't need glasses to get a clear picture through binoculars for example. (adjustable focus ones) I'm near sighted so if you could change the screen focal point to be nearer it would work fine for me.

Anyway, it's a minor inconvenience, once playing the edges don't really matter anymore :)

I also gave the earbuds a try, I'll stick to my headphones. They're not bad, just a bit harsh on the high frequencies.

All this positive talk about Rez makes me wonder if Sega will put out a Child of Eden VR. I was amazed at a few stages in that, could only imagine what they'd be like in VR.

Rez is amazing with vr

Normchacho said:
Netyaroze said:

You have a more pronounced SDE with Pentile. But the Resolution is higher. So things look sharper more detailed. Black levels well Oculus had a red tint issue its mostly resolved now. 

TBH for me the picture quality is the biggest issue in VR in general. I am hoping for dual 4k screens full rgb and HDR next gen. This alone will elevate the experience to the next level. Lightfield Displazs Eyetracking 140 FOV the future is bright after that who knows.

I love VR its such a nice experience to be able to actually see everything in scale and with real depth. I am happy about PSVR making the marketplace more relevant so we can get more software and hardware improvments. Cant wait for RE7 VR to come to PC. VR saved gaming for me I was almost out for good. Now I am excited and eager to see what the future holds.

I don't think there's any chance you see dual 4K screens for VR next gen. My prediction is that you'll see a single 4K screen on the PC vr headsets and PSVR2 will use a 3,200 by 1,800 display.

But! Because resolution is so low now, the jump in quality will be huge for the user. HDR I think will show up in the next generation though.

I also expect eye tracking to show up in one form or another, and I expect field of view to improve.

Yeah Dual 4k Screens are a bit optimistic. But atleast the number of pixels that  a single 4k gives for 2 screens I think is realistic. But I think the Jump will be substantial regardless of numbers. Samsung is really working hard on great VR Screens. The S8 might have 4k so the Gear VR might be there already early next year. And 2018 when the next Gen will be available I think there will be a substantial boost. VR is here to stay, finally after all these years of waiting.