By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Horizon 3 Has at least 1.13m players and at least 600k sales. In less than a month!

Trunkin said:
I don't get it. How can a player not be an owner? Is there a demo or something?

If I buy the game (whether digitally or one of those old-fashioned physical copies that I hear some people still get), everyone on my system can use their gamertag to play the game.  So if you have family members/friends/roommates playing it with their gamertags, that's extra players but not extra copies sold.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Whoa, I had no idea at all that Forza did such low numbers. Has it dropped substantially since the Xbox 360? I'm surprised it's a yearly franchise with those figures. I honestly assumed it would have a much higher baseline.

Not sure it was ever that "huge" as a franchise. Most of the European sales on the 360 must have come from bundling as it was pretty much impossible to buy an Xbox 360 without Forza once Forza 2 released.

That said, as long as it's selling enough to continue being made, I'm happy, Forza Horizon is my current favourite racing franchise. I'm just a bit shocked that having bought an XB1 for Forza Horizon 2, I'm enjoying the 360 original a lot more now that it's been made XB1 compatible. Still can't wait to play FH3 once I'm done with these 2.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

scrapking said:

I agree with your second statement (comparing Horizon vs. Motorsport makes little sense), but I would add that I believe sim driving/racing games are in decline as we speak, whereas I'm not sure the same is currently true of arcade racers.

You would not believe the number of people I have spoken to raving about Horizon, who thought it was a simulation racer.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

I would hope Horizon 3 outsold the last couple of games......especially H2.....considering it has 2/2.5 the install base nearly. It is an amazing game and deserves high sales, especially considering it's probably the best Xbox Exclsuive this gen imo the sales should be bigger and comparable to other "big" series. 
Would have liked to see how Persona 5 (supposedly niche) could have done worldwide at release.....considering in Japan alone it's nearly comparable to H3 in its biggest 2 markets.

Preston Scott

CGI-Quality said:
jason1637 said:
The downplay is real with this one. The last Forza game to sell as good as FH3 was FM5 and that was a launch game. FH3 will have legs and could possibly outsell NMS.

Eh, I wouldn't call it downplaying. The franchise is on a sales decline. Relatively speaking, it's not terrible, but its better sales days could potentially stay behind it.

The flip-side to this, however, is people shouldn't compare Horizon to Motosport, as historically, the latter appealed to a larger audience and debuts with larger numbers. 

The decline probably has something to do with less bundling, it went annual, and digital sales taking from physical numbers. Oh, the genre has also declined in popularity.

So yeah, annual franchise probably selling a few million a year while using a lot of recycled content. Not too shabby.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Trunkin said:

I give my game to you for a weekend...I am still the owner...

scrapking said:
Trunkin said:

If I buy the game (whether digitally or one of those old-fashioned physical copies that I hear some people still get), everyone on my system can use their gamertag to play the game.  So if you have family members/friends/roommates playing it with their gamertags, that's extra players but not extra copies sold.

Ah, I didn't think about that. I also didn't realize there were so many people sharing games, especially this soon after release. Really puts things into perspective, now that I think about it. A game like GTA5 has sold over 60 million copies, but it's entirely probable that it has been played by well over 100 million people -- especially counting used sales.

Should have sold 5m, great games deserves more sales.

The decline in the series is more due to the bundling than anything else. I wouldn't worry if I was Microsoft. They sell 2 million copies of Forza every year.

Although I would prefer if they release the games every three years instead of two.

Edit: I forgot to add the growing digital share. When you compare this gen Forza and last gen you have to take into account that a huge chunk of sales come from the digital store. 

Non bundle copies of Forza games on the 360 are usually between 2 million and 2.8 million. What's the percentage of people who bought the bundles actually wanted Forza, that's something no one here can answer.

pokoko said:
Whoa, I had no idea at all that Forza did such low numbers. Has it dropped substantially since the Xbox 360? I'm surprised it's a yearly franchise with those figures. I honestly assumed it would have a much higher baseline.

The series was never as big as it seemed to begin with.  It was always mass bundled in the past which inflated it's numbers. 

VGC updated its sales.
Forza Motorsport 4 (X360) - 515,859
Forza Motorsport 3 (X360) - 481,324
Forza Horizon 3 (XOne) - 382,089
Forza Motorsport 5 (XOne) - 325,760
Forza Motorsport 2 (X360) - 319,212
Forza Horizon (X360) - 316,820
Forza Horizon 2 (XOne, X360) - 315,749
Forza Motorsport 6 (XOne) - 221,042
best selling Forza game in the last 5 years.