By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ps4pro opinion from random person in Best Buy

shikamaru317 said:
She has a point. Most 4K Smart TV's can stream 4K content, PS4 Pro is useless in that regard. If you want 4K blu-ray, XB1 S is your cheapest and best option. PS4 Pro for games + XB1 S for 4K blu-ray is her best option right now.

I'm not so sure about the GPUs on Smart TVs though. The performance and interfaces I've seen from Smart TVs and standard smart Blu ray players for just 1080pHD is crud and probably aren't much better for 4K. 

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

Worst. Pickup. Line. EVER!

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

mutantsushi said:
Intrinsic said:

I simply can't understand people buying/not buying a game console for movies. It's like buyinga really fast car to go fishing. 

Or like buying a really fast car... that also has a radio.

right.... because a radio is why you would pick a ferrari over a Honda. 

ok, makes sense. 

hunter_alien said:
Worst. Pickup. Line. EVER!

Hey i wasn't trying to throw out in pick up lines. Not with my woman there with me...noooooooo sir. I like my life lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

BraLoD said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
You know it is funny she was talking about games and stuff and the things she likes to play......I still don't know why she picked me lol. But I felt where she was coming from and she really wanted 4K games and to be able to watch 4K movies. But didn't want to buy the TV plus two systems or two devices and she loved Playstation games that's why she wanted the PS4pro.

So I can understand her frustration with it not playing 4K movies. It was funny because she kept saying it boggled her mind and she just didn't get it.

And BraLoD man look I was up there with my lady while she was getting a new phone I just decided to look at TVs so even if she was trying to flirt I ignored it....she wasn't going to get me killed lol!

That's why I think she picked you, she wanted you, and you knew it you dog!
But yeah, if you are married you shouldn't get into it, even less if your wife was nearby xD

She isn't my wife yet....could be one day though but we are only 8 months in so too early to tell. But STILL she don't play them games lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

XB1s For The Player.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
XB1s For The UHD Blu-Ray Player.

Fixed that for you. :P

Hynad said:

Fixed that for you. :P

I prefer subtly.

The PS5 Exists. 

so she's looking at 4k tvs because she's excited about the ps4pro and moments later she's torn on the ps4pro for not having the uhd player?

i'm sorry to say, but something in that story doesn't pass the smell test to me

setsunatenshi said:
so she's looking at 4k tvs because she's excited about the ps4pro and moments later she's torn on the ps4pro for not having the uhd player?

i'm sorry to say, but something in that story doesn't pass the smell test to me

If it helps you out, I am exicted about getting a 4K TV with Dolby Vision HDR and Reciver to match so that I can benefit from the PS4Pro. But I am also a little torn at the fact that it does not include a 4KUHD player (or at least does not have the feature enabled). I really enjoy movies and am an Audio/Videophile so the exclusion of the player bothers me quite a bit. 

One of the primary reasons I could justify the PS3's price on release was because it had a Blu-Ray Player built-in; which also happened to be the best Blu-Ray player on the market for most of it's useable life. 

I have a really good HD TV and receiver combo now and am almost willing to upgrade but I don't want to have to spend another $400+ on top of the nearly $3000 i'd be spending on the TV, Receiver, and PS4Pro. Honestly this is very nearly the straw that could break this camel's back. If I learn that the PS4Pro will have 4KUHD Blu-Ray playback pending an update that will come even months after it's release I would no longer have reservations.