By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official PS Community Reborn!!!Welcome back to Hometown this summer-Jak is back-Persona almost here!!!

What release on April are you most excited for?

Persona 5 121 66.85%

Drawn to Death 7 3.87%

Yooka Laylee 16 8.84%

Outlast 2 4 2.21%

The Deer God 0 0%

What Remains of Edith Finch 4 2.21%

Dragon Quest Heroes 2 2 1.10%

Parappa the Rappa Remastered 10 5.52%

Little Nightmares 4 2.21%

Other 13 7.18%

Total:181
spemanig said:
BraLoD said:

Welcome to the LoD side!

Glad to join!

SWORDF1SH said:

Thoughts so far? What games have you played? 

Well I've used a PS4 a lot since my old roommate had one, so there's not a lot of impressions outside of reconfirming how much I hate the UI lol. But that's something I'll get used too, so it's no big deal.

I've played Uncharted 4 and Oxenfree so far, and I've enjoyed both! I'm studying how games can communicate a narrative without the use of cutscenes, and both offer really interesting options in that regard!

Are you going to write an article about storytelling without cutscenes? Should be a good read. 

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
spemanig said:

Glad to join!

Well I've used a PS4 a lot since my old roommate had one, so there's not a lot of impressions outside of reconfirming how much I hate the UI lol. But that's something I'll get used too, so it's no big deal.

I've played Uncharted 4 and Oxenfree so far, and I've enjoyed both! I'm studying how games can communicate a narrative without the use of cutscenes, and both offer really interesting options in that regard!

Are you going to write an article about storytelling without cutscenes? Should be a good read. 

I'm not sure yet because there's a lot other things I want to write about in the near future, but who knows! I definitely have a lot to say on the matter lol I don't think games should have cutscenes at all, and I think that saying it is nessecary to present a compelling narrative is a crutch.

spemanig said:
I am officially a member of the Playstation Nation!

PM me for the add.

Very nice, welcome!

Hope you enjoy your new PS4 and our little community here :p

Shadow8 said:
spemanig said:
I am officially a member of the Playstation Nation!

PM me for the add.

Very nice, welcome!

Hope you enjoy your new PS4 and our little community here :p

Thanks! I hope I do too lol

Hello to you spemanig. Don't forget to take Yakuza Zero in January.

Around the Network
WebMasterFlex said:

Your advertising Yakuza Zero more then Sega.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

WebMasterFlex said:
SnakeDrake said:
WebMasterFlex said:

He's preaching to the choir though lmao I've always wanted to get into Yakuza.

spemanig said:
WebMasterFlex said:
SnakeDrake said:

He's preaching to the choir though lmao I've always wanted to get into Yakuza.

Me too I swear WebMaster hype is infectious.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Gravity Rush 2 wins the poll, cool = ) i vote for Yakuza Zero :)

The Gravity Rush animation is out on Youtube now. It's only 20 minutes and takes place between the 2 games.