By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official PS Community Reborn!!!Welcome back to Hometown this summer-Jak is back-Persona almost here!!!

What release on April are you most excited for?

Persona 5 121 66.85%

Drawn to Death 7 3.87%

Yooka Laylee 16 8.84%

Outlast 2 4 2.21%

The Deer God 0 0%

What Remains of Edith Finch 4 2.21%

Dragon Quest Heroes 2 2 1.10%

Parappa the Rappa Remastered 10 5.52%

Little Nightmares 4 2.21%

Other 13 7.18%

Total:181
Kerotan said:
The lack of save points on Jak 2 missions are so annoying. Up to 89% now so almost time to move on but still. Can't wait to be done.

2 is my least favorite Jak game(The Lost Frontier never happened), really feels like a chore at times to do missions and the game feels like it's having an identity crisis, since it strayed so far from the first game. 3, however finds a good spot between the 2 and really shines as the best in the series imo.

Around the Network
Shadow8 said:

Yeah same. I enjoy both action and turned based combat, but it really depends on how they are executed. Cold Steel gameplay is really fun(and don't get me started on that god-tier Falcom music) and I can grind for a while because of how fun it is. And yeah I didn't mean that they outright copied SAO, but that the similarities were definetly there for sure like how Bouquet looks a lot like Yui from SAO. This is definetly the best way to make a Vert game since she's such a gamer at heart, it only makes sense that her game would be in a game :p

Also, yeah was weird that they gave Noire a spear instead of her usual rapier and switched it with Vert's. Don't really get the purpose of it, but at the very least I really like Blanc's job in the game as a Priest that supports the team.

I do wonder if they'll have their HDD forms in some way inside the game. They probably will, just wonder how they'll implement and if the sisters can come in and play too, though I doubt it as they seem to just be having the 4 goddesses themselves.

Im sure they are gonna crack more than one joke about Blanc going from being a tank to a healer, i can already see her casting a spell in some girlish way and mid way through it she gets embarrased then angry about it, complains about her new job and then throws her wand at the enemy for maximum damage XD.

Now about the little sisters, (you know what just read below XD) the ONLY reason i would consider them not being in the game would be if Compile Heart decided to completely focus on the gameplay for the 4 main characters, and make them all play as BEST as they can possibly deliver (and in all honesty thats probably what they should do), afterall an Action RPG NEEDS to have GOOD and engaging combat, this aint another musou game where you are just attacking dozens of brainless enemies, ARPGs are actually closer to fighting games since you can dodge, parry, use special attacks, create openings etc.

shikamaru317 said:
celador said:

I'm assuming you're going for the Pro over the Slim?

That was my plan, but I'm starting to reconsider. So far it's looking like PS4 Pro won't be getting any bundles or Black Friday deals this year. Meanwhile, Kohl's has the PS4 Slim Uncharted 4 bundle for $250 with $75 in Kohl's cash for Black Friday ($75 is enough to get 2 older games on sale probably). So, I could get PS4 Pro with no games for $400, or PS4 Slim with 2 or 3 games for $250. As much as I like the idea of getting better graphics with PS4 Pro, it's probably smarter for me to get PS4 Slim. Hopefully Sony changes my mind by announcing a FFXV or CoD PS4 Pro bundle once PS4 Pro releases and Sony has made their profit from the day 1 suckers.  

As much as poeple bring up the "well everyone will just buy a Pro it's only $100 and thats nothing" the reality of it is a far bigger gap when you consider the games thrown in with the slim it's at least $150 difference at a minumum $200+ with good deals. I spent a fair bit of time last month looking into it all and whether I should trade in my PS4 for a Pro along with endless hours looking into 4k TV's but in the end decided it's not worth it yet and am stikcking with a regular PS4 + 1080p for now maybe a Pro in 1080p in the future but 4k is still quite a way off imo.

I do wonder if it's the build cost been fairly close to the retail price that Sony can't bundle games with it without taking big losses themselves or rather as you said milking profits from day one buyers to throw a bundle together for the same price a few weeks later.

Holy sh that Noire clothing
gurl knows how to dress

Shadow8 said:

Yeah same. I enjoy both action and turned based combat, but it really depends on how they are executed. Cold Steel gameplay is really fun(and don't get me started on that god-tier Falcom music) and I can grind for a while because of how fun it is. And yeah I didn't mean that they outright copied SAO, but that the similarities were definetly there for sure like how Bouquet looks a lot like Yui from SAO. This is definetly the best way to make a Vert game since she's such a gamer at heart, it only makes sense that her game would be in a game :p

Also, yeah was weird that they gave Noire a spear instead of her usual rapier and switched it with Vert's. Don't really get the purpose of it, but at the very least I really like Blanc's job in the game as a Priest that supports the team.

I do wonder if they'll have their HDD forms in some way inside the game. They probably will, just wonder how they'll implement and if the sisters can come in and play too, though I doubt it as they seem to just be having the 4 goddesses themselves.

Well forget what i previously said, this just got revealed:

Also HDD form will look different as well, instead of their old cybernetic tron like costumes they look like angels makes sense since they are goddesses, also i like how they are changing everything, except for neptune who remains the only one who keeps the same type of weapon she used before.

EDIT: Unis design was released as well!

Around the Network

Neptunia spoofing SAO?

I am in, lol.

My PSN ID is amazingbdg9197

Uni! Best imouto

Should really get into some neps.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Shadow8 said:
Kerotan said:
The lack of save points on Jak 2 missions are so annoying. Up to 89% now so almost time to move on but still. Can't wait to be done.

2 is my least favorite Jak game(The Lost Frontier never happened), really feels like a chore at times to do missions and the game feels like it's having an identity crisis, since it strayed so far from the first game. 3, however finds a good spot between the 2 and really shines as the best in the series imo.

Because it's been such a chore as you said,  Jak 3 has been relegated to last place on my ps3 backlog list.  so I'll play about 10 games before I play it. 

Couldn't handle another one so close after doing 2. Bioshock 2 is next and I can't fucking wait!