By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official PS Community Reborn!!!Welcome back to Hometown this summer-Jak is back-Persona almost here!!!

What release on April are you most excited for?

Persona 5 121 66.85%

Drawn to Death 7 3.87%

Yooka Laylee 16 8.84%

Outlast 2 4 2.21%

The Deer God 0 0%

What Remains of Edith Finch 4 2.21%

Dragon Quest Heroes 2 2 1.10%

Parappa the Rappa Remastered 10 5.52%

Little Nightmares 4 2.21%

Other 13 7.18%

Total:181
Shadow8 said:

Also an interview with the director of Nier Automata. Very interesting guy, not afraid to say what he means.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/03/12/yoko-taro-nier-automata-protagonist-2b-wears-high-heels-just-really-like-girls/

To a question asking why a combat android wears high heels, Yoko Taro answered that the game is set 10,000 years in the future, so when he tried to imagine what it would be like, he thought about how it was 10,000 years ago, and people back then probably would not have been able to imagine what it would be like nowadays. That’s why he decided to think freely and willfully about it. Since a lot of western games feature space marines and that kind of concept, he let his ideas flow freely and came up with a girl wearing heels in the future. Yet, the biggest reason is simply that he just really likes girls.

Or maybe it's because it's developed by a Dev team who likes having it's main characters in high heels like Bayonetta and Radian. XD

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network
Shadow8 said:

Also an interview with the director of Nier Automata. Very interesting guy, not afraid to say what he means.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/03/12/yoko-taro-nier-automata-protagonist-2b-wears-high-heels-just-really-like-girls/

To a question asking why a combat android wears high heels, Yoko Taro answered that the game is set 10,000 years in the future, so when he tried to imagine what it would be like, he thought about how it was 10,000 years ago, and people back then probably would not have been able to imagine what it would be like nowadays. That’s why he decided to think freely and willfully about it. Since a lot of western games feature space marines and that kind of concept, he let his ideas flow freely and came up with a girl wearing heels in the future. Yet, the biggest reason is simply that he just really likes girls.

It's far better than Kojima trying to explain Quiet's attire. Sometimes it's just better to give a straightforward answer instead of giving some convoluted explanation.

Rice Digital gave Persona 5 a perfect score.

Versus_Evil said:
Cancelled a bunch of pre orders earlier - Mass Effect Andromeda, Prey and Little Nightmares - Persona 5 will be my last pre order this year. Kinda want to phase out spending so much on gaming.

I can see why you might not want to risk a Mass Effect preorder. Hopefully it will be good, but i think it could go either way right now. Not going to be bad, but I worry it just might be really average

New Rocket League mode called Dropshot releasing on the 22nd

For those confused and have no idea wha's going on: whenever the ball hits a panel on the ground the panel is activated. If that panel is hit by the ball again the panel breaks, creating a new scoring oppertunity. The longer the ball stays in the air the more Damage the ball does. Depending on how much Damage the ball does it activates or breaks either 1, 7 or 19 panels at the same time.

The update will also bring a new crate called the Turbo Crate which contains the Endo Import Battle-Car and some other stuff, Season 4 will finally begin, some eSports improvements, Painted Boosts and Finishes, new Trophies and 2 new Arenas.

Around the Network
Versus_Evil said:
Cancelled a bunch of pre orders earlier - Mass Effect Andromeda, Prey and Little Nightmares - Persona 5 will be my last pre order this year. Kinda want to phase out spending so much on gaming.

this will probably be the year i spend most on gaming. i already bought Horizon and For Honor for 50 a piece (both totally worth it). prices dont drop fast here so when i do get Mass Effect it will probably be just 40~ or so. of course RDR will be day one. and who knows what else i will buy on sale. 

Every once in a while I watch the GoW reveal. It was pretty great.

I think that format works really well for revealing games, some introduction first and then straight to gameplay. It was the same as Horizon and I think it should have been the same with Days Gone, but they decided to split it.

And yes GoW should be pretty great. Kinda funny that Hellblade is launching before it, makes me remember Heavenly Sword and GoW 3. Both also decided to change the camera very similarly.

Anyone ever get a "screen resolution changed by [insert game here]" notification? I just got it after booting up Horizon on my normal PS4, and I also have a 1080p TV.

poklane said:
Anyone ever get a "screen resolution changed by [insert game here]" notification? I just got it after booting up Horizon on my normal PS4, and I also have a 1080p TV.

I havent, although I have the og PS4 not the Pro.

BraLoD said:
poklane said:

Just once? Maybe it's checking now that games may have that new boost mode.

I have the normal PS4, not the PS4 Pro and Horizon also has a Pro Patch so Boost Mode should be irrelevant. And yeah, it only happened this one time. Did a bit of Googling and couldn't find anything about it.