By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BF1 on which platform u gonna buy?

On what platform and when will you buy BF1?

PS4 - very close to release 138 33.91%

Xbox - very close to release 70 17.20%

PC - very close to release 25 6.14%

PS4 - months after release 98 24.08%

Xbox - months after release 29 7.13%

PC - months after release 47 11.55%

Total:407
Slimebeast said:
Kerotan said:

Why? 

Some Dirext X error that came after 10 minutes of play. But I managed to get rid of it eventually.

I love it so far. Could u tell why people are so critical of it?

Also, about SW: Battlefront, what puzzles me that I almost never get to play with a partner. I know the game doesn't have squads like Battlefield, but sometimes it puts me with a "partner" (I think it's called) which is a huge advantage because you can spawn much closer to the front. But in my roughly 10 maps and 3 hours I've only ended with a partner three times, and not for any length of time. How can I influence this? I want a partner all the time.

Help!!!!

And if any other of you guys play SW please tell about your experience, and about what game modes you play and why.

And if you are on PC  I would love if someone could join me for a session (I don't have a mic yet, but we can start this way).

Add me on Origin on PC (especially with Battlefield 1 in mind but also SW: Battlefront): SlimebeastS

On ps4 I never get that problem.  People were critical because the game lacked content at launch.  I love the game and I'm currently enjoying the bespin and death star dlcs 

Around the Network

On XOne i think because of XBL and Elite Gamepad

BasilZero said:
I will get it on origin via origin on the house promotion in a few years from now.

I too had something like this in mind. I'm not a fan of Origin so I won't be paying much if anything for Origin-exclusive games. I still don't like Steam either, even though it's significantly better.

I'm going to pass altogether. Battlefield 3 and 4 had really cool multiplayer modes but poor single-player campaigns, and Star Wars Battlefront was mediocre across all modes.

I'm pinning most of my hopes on Titanfall 2 these days.

if you've got a capable pc and play battlefield on a console (any console), then you're doing it wrong :D

to answer the question, PC of course, day 0! (and a week of holidays already scheduled to play the shit out of it)

Around the Network

On ps4 and I hope for a update for ps4 pro 1080p 60 fps...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

setsunatenshi said:
if you've got a capable pc and play battlefield on a console (any console), then you're doing it wrong :D

to answer the question, PC of course, day 0! (and a week of holidays already scheduled to play the shit out of it)

Lol doing it wrong. PC is the master race but the console population is twice bigger than the PC population on BF1.

lionpetercarmoo said:
setsunatenshi said:

Lol doing it wrong. PC is the master race but the console population is twice bigger than the PC population on BF1.

is it though? i wonder...

in any case, still doing it wrong for any first person shooter, but much worse for a game like battlefield. especially if you want to play recon.

Kerotan said:
Slimebeast said:

Some Dirext X error that came after 10 minutes of play. But I managed to get rid of it eventually.

I love it so far. Could u tell why people are so critical of it?

Also, about SW: Battlefront, what puzzles me that I almost never get to play with a partner. I know the game doesn't have squads like Battlefield, but sometimes it puts me with a "partner" (I think it's called) which is a huge advantage because you can spawn much closer to the front. But in my roughly 10 maps and 3 hours I've only ended with a partner three times, and not for any length of time. How can I influence this? I want a partner all the time.

Help!!!!

And if any other of you guys play SW please tell about your experience, and about what game modes you play and why.

And if you are on PC  I would love if someone could join me for a session (I don't have a mic yet, but we can start this way).

Add me on Origin on PC (especially with Battlefield 1 in mind but also SW: Battlefront): SlimebeastS

On ps4 I never get that problem.  People were critical because the game lacked content at launch.  I love the game and I'm currently enjoying the bespin and death star dlcs 

Yeah, the hassles of PC gaming...

I've played SW: Battlefront for 6 hours now and still love it. My K/D is 0.76 which I'm very happy about considering the things I said earlier, plus I haven't learned the maps yet and what gear to use and when. Is there some guide for where to find the hero upgrades and the AT-AT and AT-STs? Damn I love those. The walkers alone make this game great lol. I just wish I could grab them more often.

Air vehicles is extremely difficult. I can't believe how some players are able to destroy players on the ground with an X-wing or TIE-fighter to the extent that they lead the score tables. Can you slow them down somehow? I'm happy BF1 will offer much slower airplanes.

Damn this game consumers a lot of energy! I'm excahusted.

BasilZero said:
Zkuq said:

I too had something like this in mind. I'm not a fan of Origin so I won't be paying much if anything for Origin-exclusive games. I still don't like Steam either, even though it's significantly better.

Oh it's not because I don't like origin that much - it's just not a big fan of the battlefield series or military shootersto buy them day or year 1 ;p

I didn't think so, but the result is the same - I won't be buying it soon but I'll probably end up getting it eventually. :P