By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ready at dawn new project Lone Echo

Releasing for Oculus VR

At Oculus Connect 3 today, Ready at Dawn’s mysterious Oculus Touch VR game was finally unveiled. The studio’s last major release, The Order: 1886, is a cinematic third-person shooter and their previous games consist of entries in the God of War series and more.

Instead of fighting off Greek Gods or monstrous beasts, I was treated to something much more personal and intimate. The game Ready at Dawn has been teasing is now known as Lone Echo and it’s looking amazing.

In Lone Echo, you take on the role of an advanced A.I. unit named Jack that, for all intents and purposes, could pass as a human. Your primary companion converses with you throughout the game and the emotional human-like characters are unlike most other VR games on the market. The beautiful space environments have you floating around in an open, zero-gravity environment.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
I want a sequel to The Order 1886, although that's probably never gonna' happen... shame.

Yeah it is. Gonna be a real underrated gem in a couple years.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Too bad I won't have Occulus or I would give this a shoot.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Bristow9091 said:
I want a sequel to The Order 1886, although that's probably never gonna' happen... shame.

Really? I thought it was a bad  game man. At the same time I was all the time thinking how awesome the game would be with some RPG elements and less cinematic approach, like LA Noir. But it was not fun to play that, at least to me.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
Bristow9091 said:

Really? I thought it was a bad  game man. At the same time I was all the time thinking how awesome the game would be with some RPG elements and less cinematic approach, like LA Noir. But it was not fun to play that, at least to me.

Same, also hated that people were hyped because they saw gameplay of characters going down a zeppelin thingy and were in love. The game has still the best looking lamps unreal.  Myself I would have loved an open world game in that setting where you have investigate and search typical horror creatures.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:

I want one too, and it probably will happen. More or less likely its gonna be picked up by a more competent developer.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

I'd rather have another order game. That game was good. Damn internet.

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

konnichiwa said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Same, also hated that people were hyped because they saw gameplay of characters going down a zeppelin thingy and were in love. The game has still the best looking lamps unreal.  Myself I would have loved an open world game in that setting where you have investigate and search typical horror creatures.

Bristow9091 said:
WagnerPaiva said:

The gameplay itself was rather generic, but the lore and story had so much potential to be made into multiple games... I'm sure they'd have made adjustments to the gameplay if they made a sequel, it's just a shame we'll never see it become a franchise and see its true potential... imagine if the first Assassin's Creed was all we saw of the franchise, and Assassin's Creed II was never made. Maybe you don't like that series, but it's easy to see how much of an improvement they made with the second game... would love for something like that to happen here too.

Oh yeas, the game looks insanely pretty. 

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

alternine said:
Bristow9091 said:

Look what I have found  playing it today =)

WagnerPaiva said:
alternine said:

Look what I have found  playing it today =)

Haha nice. Thats pretty cool

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3