By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I was Wrong (Part II)

DMeisterJ said:
darthdevidem01 said:
It hasn't "lost" yet..

there is still hope

You're not serious.

It can still win. I don't think it will, but it still can. Yes, the PS3 costing $600 was a huge killer for it at launch, but what it did to for Sony was allow them to put out a piece of hardware with a very long life. In 5 years the PS3 will still be very sellable.

The Wii might also, and if it is, the Wii wins. If the Wii is precivd as "old" by then, and the PS3 cost $129, I could see it take the lead in 5 to 7 years.

I'm not saying it's gong to happen, but saying it can't is equally unpredictable. 

Around the Network

@soriku & DmeisterJ

It will beat 360, 2nd place isn't loosing...also in EU I don't think it will lose to the wii

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Yeah i totally discounted the wii...I don't think the PS3 will win, but i do think it is not even anywhere near its apex yet so it should continue to get interesting

Why is this war even being declared over?
With all the big releases coming out this year, the PS3 will be very much alive and kicking. I don't know if it will beat the 360 because of this, but I don't see why people are already declaring it a loser.

Before this conversation continues: please keep in mind, once again, that saying that the PS3 will sell less consoles does not make it bad or mean that it doesn't have a lot of good games. Using last generation as the ultimate example: yes, the PS2 had the most games, but looking at gamereviews, the Gamecube had the 1st and 2nd best reviewed game of last generation, the Xbox had 4th best, and the PS2 had the 3rd and 5th best (the 3rd is actually a remake of a Gamecube game, of course). Yes, that's just a tiny snapshot, but it should rather convincingly show that "best selling system with the most games" does not equate to "all the greatest games only on that system," even with the PS2 which was the most dominant console of all time.

This has been your monthly reminder. Thanks!  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
DMeisterJ said:
darthdevidem01 said:
It hasn't "lost" yet..

there is still hope

You're not serious.

It can still win. I don't think it will, but it still can. Yes, the PS3 costing $600 was a huge killer for it at launch, but what it did to for Sony was allow them to put out a piece of hardware with a very long life. In 5 years the PS3 will still be very sellable.

The Wii might also, and if it is, the Wii wins. If the Wii is precivd as "old" by then, and the PS3 cost $129, I could see it take the lead in 5 to 7 years.

I'm not saying it's gong to happen, but saying it can't is equally unpredictable.

Taking the lead in 5 to 7 years?? lol this thread is about admitting being wrong, not being a hopefull fanboy with near unattainable dreams.............

@soriku

just EU...

I don't know china's response to wii yet

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Second is losing. It isn't first. [I'm going to be a horrible parent]

Well you aren't wrong yet. I wouldn't be THAT surprised if PS3 ended up selling more than Wii (if Sony's 10 year plan works).

ironmanDX said:
TheRealMafoo said:
DMeisterJ said:
darthdevidem01 said:
It hasn't "lost" yet..

there is still hope

You're not serious.

I'm not saying it's gong to happen, but saying it can't is equally unpredictable.

Taking the lead in 5 to 7 years?? lol this thread is about admitting being wrong, not being a hopefull fanboy with near unattainable dreams.............

I'm confused, who am I a fanboy for again? The Wii that I said will win, or the PS3 that I said has a chance in the distant future?

Funny how when you have a realistic opinion that's different then someone else's, you're a fanboy.