By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I was Wrong (Part II)

I think Sony still has a shot at first place WW although it's pretty farfetched. They'll surely take EU from Ninty though.

Around the Network

Actually I was right on both counts. I had an argument with my brother a few weeks before either was released about which would win and I said the Wii would beat the PS3 by quite a margin.

I think the lesson of this generation is that not all console wars are determined in the first year. We shall see what happens, but it's funny seeing so many declare the Wii victorious just like PS3 fans before the 360 launched and just llike M$ fans after the first christmas all 3 consoles were out.

Well I do believe 1st spot is lost.

But the 2nd will eventually become Sony's.

Hah, its like some sony supporters are turning into Nintendo supporters.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

windbane said:
I think the lesson of this generation is that not all console wars are determined in the first year. We shall see what happens, but it's funny seeing so many declare the Wii victorious just like PS3 fans before the 360 launched and just llike M$ fans after the first christmas all 3 consoles were out.

Which generation up until now hasn't been decided in the first year after all major consoles were out?

You might have noticed but many Sony fans are now declaring that the Wii has won this generation and that the PS3 will have to take second place, its not just Nintendo fans these days. 

Around the Network

Its far too soon to declare anyone the run away victor. And unless everyone should go and call the end to the generation once Nintendo drops production on the Wii because they are creating a "Wii 2" that supports HD gaming.

I think that alot of the momentum that the Wii has built up will die down once some heavy hitters have been released increasing the demand from gamers to have a HD capable game system.

I know more people who are terribly bored of their Wii compared to those who have a PS3 and are bored with it.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

People needs lives if they're making crap threads like this and the others. So IF the ps3 win (which it will) or not (slight chance), there is going to be another thread - "I'm sorry number 720". These threads are pointless.

Really who cares who Wins in the end. As long as the ps3 kicks some ass, has great games and blu ray movies... I'm quite happy. Anyways... this war does not include the wii. It's always the MS vs Sony - Xbox vs Playstation. Why? Because MS wants to defeat Sony!

It's like a sport. Yes the Wii is in the game, but the main event (battle) is between two players going for the same limelight. Sadly the 360 is getting it's arse whipped :P

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

I predicted Wii first from the start. I also predicted PS3 last, but I may be wrong with that eventually.

Aurally examine my music!

Wear gaudy colours or avoid display. It's all the same.

Be warned, I will use walls of polysyllables and complex clauses as a defence against lucid argument.

Wand to read a creepy thread?

I thought that 360 would win this gen hands down, not Wii or PS3! lol

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

i think its really difficult to predict what the sales will be in 5 years.Right now seeing the current sales i dont think that wii is gonna be surpassed by either ps3 or x360,there yet new colors to be available and even price cuts which will push millions of hardware.Just imagine if in 2 years the wii will have a price of 99 just like the gamecube then everyone is going to buy one.However ps3 has yet to show its true face.If blu-ray is going to be a similar upgrade to dvd just like dvd was to cd then i say ps3 will create amazing sales.Then if we are to believe words of developers that ps3 has so much power to be taped then the difference between ps3 games and x360 games will be huge.I dont think that we are going to see however ps3 be sold less than 200 never.ps2 had a price lower of 200 for like 6-7 years.

Finally i think that the wii is going to lead in hardware ,however if the difference is 5 millions or 50 millions is on the hands of sony and game developers.As for the x360?i dont think with its current state is going to win,japan and others is a lost case and usa has yet to buy its blu-ray player........................................