By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Shu Yoshida needs to go.

Does Shu need to go?

Yes 13 14.61%

No 66 74.16%

See Results 10 11.24%

Total:89

Actually Shu is no longer the true boss of WWS. Shawn Layden is. I blame him for firing Evo.

And Amy leaving Naughty dog was most likely an ND internal decision.

Around the Network

he needs to be fired because my gold fish died.

Nah, they just need to stop giving premature release dates.

SONY is in no rush to release rushed-first party games, the PS4 is getting more games than any other console. Exclusive games are nice, but they are not everything.

Polyphony Digital problems didn't start this generation, anyone who is not in denial realises that GT hasn't been what it used to be for a long long time.

sub-zero-TM said:
What does Amy Hennig leaving ND have to do with Shu? and it's good that she left and Neil and Bruce took over because Uc3 writing was not that good.

Wasn't Uncharted 4 received well by the critis? No fan of Uncharted, but I don't see how Amy departure affected the series negatively, for all we know, Uncharted 4 could've been a worse game if she stayed.

GoOnKid said:

So he should go because you are impatient and prefer unfinished games?

what a ridiculous comment that has no argument behind it what so ever. 

when 90%+ of the games under him get delayed it becomes clear there is a huge management problem. Sony had 4 games planned for this holiday, all 4 got delayed. 

Around the Network

Why is there even a shitstorm when a game gets delayed? I mean I could understand if a game gets cancelled, but over a delay

"What, I can't play this game on the (please insert random date), but I have to wait till (please insert random date here a bit later) to play it, YOSHIDA please go!"

bananaking21 said:
GoOnKid said:

So he should go because you are impatient and prefer unfinished games?

what a ridiculous comment that has no argument behind it what so ever. 

when 90%+ of the games under him get delayed it becomes clear there is a huge management problem. Sony had 4 games planned for this holiday, all 4 got delayed. 

How do you think firing him will solve the problem? 

It won't make studios work faster out harder under a new boss. If a new boss comes in and starts sacking the likes of Druckman and Hurst, they will lose some of the most talented people in the industry. 

WWS works because they allow games sufficient time to bake in the oven. I rather these games come out when ready instead of not come out at all because a new boss has sacked all the talent. 

Kill Strain was last go since frigging no one played it and the extra staff wasn't needed to maintain the game. 

Part of Evo is still at Sony. 

Japan Studio has released more games since Shu fixed management there than when before where they had next to 0 releases (worse than a delay). 

No one really knows for sure what happened at SMS so it's hard to say anything which isn't anything more but a guess. 

Henning left because she was offered a once in a lifer time opportunity. She gets to work on Star Wars with unfiltered access to Sky Walker Ranch and the original props etc. 

You are asking to nuke WWS without even knowing what the cause of the delays are and what would happen if Shu is replaced by someone as Gung Ho as you. 

Perhaps it would solve things, and perhaps it wouldn't change anything or even make things worse.... matter of fact your opinion on Shu won't change Sony management.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Hell no. Who needs great games like GR2 when you have highly acclaimed, universally loved hits like

PSVR Worlds
Until dawn rush of blood
Batman Arkham VR

Joking aside, there wouldn't good replacements because there are no good business men, so the guys in these positions will always suck. No company excluded

Though it'd be nice to have someone there who isn't so excited about VR. Tbh he'll probably get the boot once PSVR flops

I think his fate is tied to PSVR. If it fails, I could see him getting the boot for some younger guy.