By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Sun/moon Starter evolutions revealed

Jpcc86 said:
Luke888 said:

Eh, the italian description (not shure about the english one) specifically states that his front legs are extremely strong and that he can bend an iron bar...

Do you enjoy crushing people's hopes and dreams? u_u

Nope, I'm a believer of the dual evolutions for the starters...

Around the Network

Don't understand why so many like Dartrix, it's my least favorite evolution. Torracat and Brionne look much better

BraLoD said:

Does that mean that Kellogg's tiger litten evolution was fake? Please tell me it was fake.
Litten once again being the best, the owl doesn't even compete with it anymore.
Just please, give it a good last stage as well, a badass sabertooth tiger or something like that.

But BraLoD, it's GRRRRRRRRRRRREAAT!

xD

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I´m still going with Popplio :)

Nothing really impressive, but looks likes Megas are back so I wonder how that will work with Z moves

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Torracat looks cool but I still fear that its evolution will be bipedal and look like a wrestler like in that old leak.

I will definitely try out the demo.

Ka-pi96 said:
XanderXT said:

Rowlet has the emo crowd as well, with that hairstyle.

I don't know if I should pick Popplio as my starter. It looks so girly, but it's also time for me to pick a water starter...

There`s a 75% chance it will be a guy though. Doesn`t that count for anything?

Yes. It means they have some problems wirh identity.

There was already proof for that final evolutions leak, so I had accepted it as truth and thus am not surprised by Popplio's evolution. I am surprised though that some think the femininity is a negative considering we just had the Fennekin-line. Didn't top the Ninja, as how can you beat a Ninja, but is far more popular than the Chespin-line. In general there is nothing wrong with males using female characters (and vice versa). I'd think Nintendo gamer's especially should know this.

*Sigh*

*Looks at Brionne*

*Sigh*

Jesus tap-dancing Christ, Game Freak...

*Looks at Brionne again*

That fucking leak about each island giving a different evolution better be right. Because this is horseshit.

People keep throwing the Fennekin defense, but you know what? That was somewhat feminine, with a dash of fruit. But this?

This can go two ways: Fairy Queen or Drag Queen. And I'm not down for either.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Ka-pi96 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
There was already proof for that final evolutions leak, so I had accepted it as truth and thus am not surprised by Popplio's evolution. I am surprised though that some think the femininity is a negative considering we just had the Fennekin-line. Didn't top the Ninja, as how can you beat a Ninja, but is far more popular than the Chespin-line. In general there is nothing wrong with males using female characters (and vice versa). I'd think Nintendo gamer's especially should know this.

Just because it`s been done once before (and not as bad even) doesn`t mean it`s ok to do it again. Especially when you consider that Pokemon is a franchise with a history of having actual gender differences. It used to actually make males/females look different rather than just making a design for one gender and then saying `oh hey rather than desigining another version let`s just use that for both genders`. In the first gen they even made a Pokemon have two different species, one for male and one for female (even though there wasn`t that much difference) rather than just using a masculine/feminine design for both genders.

It was done before to great success, that's all the reason you need really. That history stuff is pretty arbitrary, Gamefreak isn't afraid to break tradition and breaking tradion is not inherently a bad thing. Though really in this case they're not. We've always had Pokemon that look more like one gender despite able to be either one. Machamp and Jynx come to mind, so there's really nothing new here.