By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Pro Wrasslin' Thread (WWE, WWF, WCW, TNA, ROH, NWA, NJPW, etc)

Tagged games:

What match are you excited for at WWE Payback 2017?

Neville vs. Austin Aries ... 1 5.88%

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyat... 3 17.65%

The Hardy Boyz vs. Cesaro... 3 17.65%

Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jer... 4 23.53%

Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss (Raw Women's Title) 3 17.65%

Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe 1 5.88%

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman 2 11.76%

Total:17
pokoko said:

Though I'm not a fan of Dragon Gate in general, they deserve a huge amount of credit for becoming Japan's #2 promotion.  They've built a fanbase by creating their own style and unique presentation and, as you said, they're turning out some really well-trained talent.  Love they way they do all the stable warfare stuff. 

Yeah, it's not my favorite style either. It's just way too... much. But whenever I do watch it it's an absolute hoot because they're all so incredibly good at it. I really loved all those Toryumon kids from the moment I saw them, and it's amazing how they've kept it going after Ultimo Dragon shucked them all off. Also, CIMA is just about the most perfect wrestler alive.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Really funny to think that they're #2 now, and if they're not, then DDT is. I get a kick out of Sanshiro Takagi, the Stone Cold wannabe who used to take fans on trips to WrestleMania like they were visiting Mecca, being Keiji Muto's boss. That's almost Gedo-running-NJPW weird.

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:
10! 10! 10! 10! 10!

That was the highlight of the Rumble for me.

I wasn't impressed with Cena vs Styles.  It was like I was watching  two people try moves on each other, there just wasn't any reason to what they did.  Their intensity just wasn't there either.  Doesn't help Cena no sold again.  Their Summerslam match was way better.

badgenome said:
pokoko said:

Though I'm not a fan of Dragon Gate in general, they deserve a huge amount of credit for becoming Japan's #2 promotion.  They've built a fanbase by creating their own style and unique presentation and, as you said, they're turning out some really well-trained talent.  Love they way they do all the stable warfare stuff. 

Yeah, it's not my favorite style either. It's just way too... much. But whenever I do watch it it's an absolute hoot because they're all so incredibly good at it. I really loved all those Toryumon kids from the moment I saw them, and it's amazing how they've kept it going after Ultimo Dragon shucked them all off. Also, CIMA is just about the most perfect wrestler alive.

Really funny to think that they're #2 now, and if they're not, then DDT is. I get a kick out of Sanshiro Takagi, the Stone Cold wannabe who used to take fans on trips to WrestleMania like they were visiting Mecca, being Keiji Muto's boss. That's almost Gedo-running-NJPW weird.

That's a lot of hearts.

CIMA, Dragon Kid, Gamma, all those guys are just so bloody smooth.  Plus, CIMA has that Triple H quality going.  First DG match I ever watched, CIMA and Gamma put on a pro-wrestling clinic.

The success of DDT and DG make me wonder why others just open up generic old-school promotions when that market is over-served already.

----------

In other news, it looks like Rollins suffered a real and serious injury to his reconstructed knee during the Samoa Joe attack.

pokoko said:
badgenome said:

That's a lot of hearts.

CIMA, Dragon Kid, Gamma, all those guys are just so bloody smooth.  Plus, CIMA has that Triple H quality going.  First DG match I ever watched, CIMA and Gamma put on a pro-wrestling clinic.

The success of DDT and DG make me wonder why others just open up generic old-school promotions when that market is over-served already.

----------

In other news, it looks like Rollins suffered a real and serious injury to his reconstructed knee during the Samoa Joe attack.

As crazy as it sounds to me its not a big loss. He hasn't been a factor for months now. I wasn't expecting him to get into any major title picture until maybe Survivor Series or Summerslam. The real question is who will Triple H wrestle now that his injury pretty much kills the anti Authority storyline. Maybe its time for Sami Zayn to step up? He has had a feud with Foley.

What did Rollins do though? Did the doctors screw up? Did Rollins really screw up his knee the first time?

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:

As crazy as it sounds to me its not a big loss. He hasn't been a factor for months now. I wasn't expecting him to get into any major title picture until maybe Survivor Series or Summerslam. The real question is who will Triple H wrestle now that his injury pretty much kills the anti Authority storyline. Maybe its time for Sami Zayn to step up? He has had a feud with Foley.

I kind of know what you mean but, for me, that's because they delayed the angle with Triple H for so long that it lost steam.  I barely remember what happened.  In the wrestling world, people usually forget and forgive in the span of a month.  Ambrose and Reigns are already hanging around with Rollins again.  They were about to get things ramped up again so it sucks from that perspective.  I was thinking they'd probably do a cage match or something else of that nature.

darkknightkryta said:
What did Rollins do though? Did the doctors screw up? Did Rollins really screw up his knee the first time?

Looked like a freak accident again, this time when Joe took him down.  Repaired structures are often weaker.  Hopefully this isn't the same injury.  First time he tore ligaments on both sides, requiring major surgery.  Depending on where the damage is this time, he could be out a few weeks or up to several months.  They should announce the scan results soon, I suppose.

Just read 8 weeks for Rollins, meaning he might or might not make it back for Wrestlemania.

tfw you're about to be iwgp champion in 3 days

pokoko said:
Just read 8 weeks for Rollins, meaning he might or might not make it back for Wrestlemania.

I don't think he will be wrestling Triple H. There's no chance at promotion and no guarantee that he will be ready for the show. My bet is that they will have Triple H go against someone else, and assuming Rollins is well enough, will play spoiler in the end.

badgenome said:

tfw you're about to be iwgp champion in 3 days

Stop that.  =l

You're only making it more painful when he loses.