By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Pro Wrasslin' Thread (WWE, WWF, WCW, TNA, ROH, NWA, NJPW, etc)

Tagged games:

What match are you excited for at WWE Payback 2017?

Neville vs. Austin Aries ... 1 5.88%

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyat... 3 17.65%

The Hardy Boyz vs. Cesaro... 3 17.65%

Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jer... 4 23.53%

Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss (Raw Women's Title) 3 17.65%

Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe 1 5.88%

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman 2 11.76%

Total:17
BasilZero said:

ArchangelMadzz said:
Raw has definitely been better,

But the stories and development on Smackdown has been fantastic!

The Usos were boring as fuck, and now I'm interested everytime they're on screen, Dolph Ziggler and The Miz is the hottest fued, the main event (thanks to talking smack) now seems legitimately personal, Alexa and Becky have the Raw match this week to follow, and just. No Mercy should be fucking awesome.

Same - usos were getting stale - they got the rock treatment (forced baby push to heels) and it's great 

It seems to work well with Samoan men, they should be bad ass heels, I wonder who else should get the same treatment...

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
BasilZero said:

Same - usos were getting stale - they got the rock treatment (forced baby push to heels) and it's great 

It seems to work well with Samoan men, they should be bad ass heels, I wonder who else should get the same treatment...

I'm not a bad guy, I'm not a good guy. I'm Vince's guy

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

I was never a fan of the Usos. Until the injury, it felt like they were like the Cena money machine. There were other tag teams that deserved better but fell under the machine.

BasilZero said:
bunchanumbers said:
I was never a fan of the Usos. Until the injury, it felt like they were like the Cena money machine. There were other tag teams that deserved better but fell under the machine.

They pretty much were but it seems like with the brand split its obvious that New Day is now that money machine.

SD's TT division seems to show promise.

Slater and Rhyno tag team is humorous and its nice to see Slater in serious mode for a change but I hope American Alpha, Usos, and The Acension at least have good title runs in the future (oh and Vladvillians or w/e their name is).

Agreed. I wish there was something that could be done besides only having one title for Tag Teams. There are other teams out there that deserve recognition but the money machine end up with the straps.

The New Day are so fucking boring now, they've become what the Usos once were. They come out, say the same few catch phrases every week and win. Actually that's not entirely true, they lose almost every match the titles aren't on the line. They should have dropped the belts months ago but for some bull shit reason (it's money, money is clearly the reason) Vince thinks it's better for them to break the record.

As for Roman I can believe I thought that he was actually going to be punished for his wellness policy violation. Instead he's handed the US Title and his match at SS was later on the card then the WWE Title, you know the most important title for the last I don't know 10 years -_-

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
The New Day are so fucking boring now, they've become what the Usos once were. They come out, say the same few catch phrases every week and win. Actually that's not entirely true, they lose almost every match the titles aren't on the line. They should have dropped the belts months ago but for some bull shit reason (it's money, money is clearly the reason) Vince thinks it's better for them to break the record.

As for Roman I can believe I thought that he was actually going to be punished for his wellness policy violation. Instead he's handed the US Title and his match at SS was later on the card then the WWE Title, you know the most important title for the last I don't know 10 years -_-

I think they're figuring out the split up angle for when they lose the titles. They should make sure that's done right as it could be beautiful if done correctly. I'd say keep the belts on them until they know for sure the best thing to do with them after.

But that's assuming WWE is actually thinking.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

No Mercy should make for an amazing show tomorrow night!
I think that Miz vs Ziggler is going to be the best match of the night, and sadly, I see Miz going over and Ziggler leaving. So Styles, Cena, and Ambrose are going to have a very tough task of following that match with the crowd being distraught over Ziggler leaving, but I don't doubt that they can do it!

So No Mercy predictions?

I got Dolph Ziggler losing to The Miz.

Bray Wyatt Beating Randy Orton

Carmella beating Bella

Swagger beating Corbin

Heath Slater and Rhyno beating The Usos

Becky Lynch retaining against Alexa Bliss

And I see AJ Styles retaining against Cena/Ambrose

bunchanumbers said:
So No Mercy predictions?

I got Dolph Ziggler losing to The Miz.

Bray Wyatt Beating Randy Orton

Carmella beating Bella

Swagger beating Corbin

Heath Slater and Rhyno beating The Usos

Becky Lynch retaining against Alexa Bliss

And I see AJ Styles retaining against Cena/Ambrose

Highlighted are the ones I disagree with. Italicized is the one that I'm iffy on.
As much as I'd love for Bray to go over. I just have a bad feeling that Randy's winning it. It just seems like whoever is Brock Lesnar's whipping boy, makes their own whipping boy out of Bray Wyatt. (Undertaker, now I think it'll be Randy)

I think Vince is really high on Baron Corbin (Big Guy + Mean Look = Vince's Fantasy), and that Swagger was moved to SmackDown because they needed more talent and to make Corbin look strong and make him a future contender for the WWE Title.

I see the Usos winning the titles from Heath and Rhyno to help set up their eventual Tag Team title match with American Alpha, but I think if they did that, they'd be moving this feud too quickly and before they know it, they'll run through that Usos/AA feud, and then afterwards who's left? SmackDown's Tag Team Division is sorely lacking right now and they could defintely use a boost from some NXT teams going up there (Revival and Authors of Pain would be welcome additions, though I could see the Authors of Pain going to RAW to take on New Day or Enzo & Cass.)  And while we're at it, send Gallows and Anderson to SmackDown, please!
So I could also see Heath and Rhyno retaining to prolong it a little longer, we'll just have to see.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14615701_1105256162895920_3062017203368272575_o.jpg

If true... Well shit.