By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Pro Wrasslin' Thread (WWE, WWF, WCW, TNA, ROH, NWA, NJPW, etc)

Tagged games:

What match are you excited for at WWE Payback 2017?

Neville vs. Austin Aries ... 1 5.88%

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyat... 3 17.65%

The Hardy Boyz vs. Cesaro... 3 17.65%

Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jer... 4 23.53%

Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss (Raw Women's Title) 3 17.65%

Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe 1 5.88%

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman 2 11.76%

Total:17
JWeinCom said:

Extreme Rules was a really fun show to go to live. It was clearly a B show in WWE's eyes, but I knew that going in. Pretty much all of the matches were at least good, and the variety of match types made them feel unique. The match between the Brutes and Imperium was excellent, and the Edge Balor match started off slow but was great over the top cheesy goodness by the end.

The only real disappointment for me was the fight pit match. The rim on top of the pit was not transparent, so from our angle, the top half of the ring was kind of blocked, and most of the match had to be watched on the monitors which kind of defeats the purpose. If the crowd seemed kind of out of it, that may be part of the reason why. Morgan vs Rousey was fine for what it was, but the booking of Morgan overall has been terrible.

The main thing people wanted to see was Wyatt, and we got Wyatt. Super fun to be part of a moment like that, specially the way they did it. Definitely the worst case of the WWE dropping the ball with a talent over the last decade or so, so let's hope that HHH does a better job than Vinnie.

Oh damn you witnessed wrassling history live. That was so cool and well done. The crowd ate it up. Definitely the best ple in a long while and I rate it higher than punk return.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network

We'll see if it's history, it will depend on how they follow it up. Definitely cool to be there live though... even though I didn't actually have a good view of the entrance ramp.

As for Punk, it's hard to compare cause they're different characters. With Bray you want him to do cryptic weird stuff. With Punk you want him to do a long promo. They both worked for what they were. I'm biased towards this one obviously. Unless things get worked out, Punk's is not going to be remembered as fondly due to how it ended up.

JWeinCom said:

We'll see if it's history, it will depend on how they follow it up. Definitely cool to be there live though... even though I didn't actually have a good view of the entrance ramp.

As for Punk, it's hard to compare cause they're different characters. With Bray you want him to do cryptic weird stuff. With Punk you want him to do a long promo. They both worked for what they were. I'm biased towards this one obviously. Unless things get worked out, Punk's is not going to be remembered as fondly due to how it ended up.

I meant for me. My tastes match better with Bray Wyatt than with punk character wise. Also human wise I like Windham more. It's a personal thing. My absolute favourite wrestling gimmick is the undertaker and in my opinion the best in the world is Bryan Danielson. So those are my tastes. I also love Jon Moxley and of course, everyone loves KO and Sami Zayn. For women, my most favourite wrestler and the best I think is asuka. What's your tastes like?

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Eagle367 said:
JWeinCom said:

I meant for me. My tastes match better with Bray Wyatt than with punk character wise. Also human wise I like Windham more. It's a personal thing. My absolute favourite wrestling gimmick is the undertaker and in my opinion the best in the world is Bryan Danielson. So those are my tastes. I also love Jon Moxley and of course, everyone loves KO and Sami Zayn. For women, my most favourite wrestler and the best I think is asuka. What's your tastes like?

I like any wrestlers who can make me actually care about who wins a match. Danielson is great like that, because he obviously cares about it so much that you do too. Probably still my favorite, but I don't really watch AEW so dunno if I can say that anymore. Of the guys in WWE, there are a bunch I like, but nobody that really stands above the rest. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn are probably near the top, but they need to be put in really top programs to get to that next level. Reigns is great in his role. Gunther hits people so fucking hard that you can't believe he's not actually trying to kill them.

In terms of women, I think Becky is still the best, and it's not really close. I love Asuka's work in the ring, but because I can't understand her promos and because it's clear they're probably not going to give her a really good run, it's hard to get invested. Rhea Ripley's character is great, although its been a while since she actually wrestled. I like Alexa Bliss alot, but gotta be honest, that probably has more to do with her appearance than anything else. 

As for Wyatt, I like him because he's different and it's interesting. I'm generally willing to suspend my disbelief and go along for the ride, especially when he has the right people in the story line. In his last run, they went a bit too deep with it and all the burning and drowning people was way too much. So, hopefully they get the balance better this time.

I need to get back into WWE sometime soon. I’m so out of touch I didn’t even remember Bray Wyatt was gone.

But seeing as how Triple H is hiring people back, it seems that perhaps the person responsible for the firings in the first place wasn’t the other Khan, but Vince McMahon.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

I need to get back into WWE sometime soon. I’m so out of touch I didn’t even remember Bray Wyatt was gone.

But seeing as how Triple H is hiring people back, it seems that perhaps the person responsible for the firings in the first place wasn’t the other Khan, but Vince McMahon.

The quality has been a lot better lately. It feels like everyone who is featured regularly has a purpose and a story. Some of the same flaws are still present. Still a lot of DQs/non-finishes on TV. Smackdown tends to be the better show, so I'd recommend watching that and seeing how you like it.

As for who was doing the firings, it may have been a combination of both. Under the circumstances, Khan advised Vince to cut back costs to sell, because he thought the company was worth more than what it would generate under Vince. And now, with Vince gone he feels that it has more value than it would sell for. Vince leaving definitely changed the situation for better or worse.

Best theme in WCW, Funny and cool Titatron his skeleton dance Epic.

So I've basically decided that I'm gonna go back to WWE for Royal Rumble season and see how that goes. Been keeping up with WWE related news, watch the PPVs and generally know what's up over there but haven't been watching the weeklies. However, I do agree that it seems that the overall look, feel, and quality has taken a sharp turn upwards ever since HHH took over. Wrestlers seem happier there, more people are willing and eager to try again, and with AEW faltering a bit right now it feels the closest it's ever been in terms of quality.

It actually feels like WWE, AEW, Impact, and NJPW all have something to bring to the table and it's a good time for wrestling fans.

And personally, I no longer feel like people in WWE are wasting their talents anymore!

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I'll also start watching wwe again during the royal rumble to wrestlemania season. I have almost every year actually. I didn't really last year. Was actually the first wrestlemania I skipped.

ironmanDX said:

I'll also start watching wwe again during the royal rumble to wrestlemania season. I have almost every year actually. I didn't really last year. Was actually the first wrestlemania I skipped.

in your defense, brock Lesnar won the rumble despite not needing to do so and not winning the title...it was a waste of a rumble. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android