By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. October bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

GribbleGrunger said:
Lrdfancypants said:

Whether you agree with him or not a newly released console and 7 games is pretty intense.  It's the S and not the original. 

Hopefully the Pro and the Switch can replace the value MS are sucking out of this industry with these ludicrous deals.

I admit, for a consumer, that's an amazing deal. For the industry at large? Deals like this from MS are scorched earth tactics the likes I've never seen. That's not even feeding revenue into the ecosystem. Somebody with that many games at once probably isn't going to buy another one so soon. They're practically just paying to boost units at this point.

Around the Network

Gribble hitting a nerve lol

Naughty gribs!

RJ_Sizzle said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Hopefully the Pro and the Switch can replace the value MS are sucking out of this industry with these ludicrous deals.

I admit, for a consumer, that's an amazing deal. For the industry at large? Deals like this from MS are scorched earth tactics the likes I've never seen. That's not even feeding revenue into the ecosystem. Somebody with that many games at once probably isn't going to buy another one so soon. They're practically just paying to boost units at this point.

The x1 percived value has to be near the floor in the consumers eyes. MS seems to want to drg everyone down with them but it wont work with the release of the pro and switch. it might start to look its the old gen and thats why its cheaper, so the pro and switch wont be that damaged when ms basicly starts giving theese things away.

Edit: wasent last ms Q report saw a huge increase in hardware but with really high losses in profit? That is the reason why this insane deals are not healthy for the industry.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

I think someone else said it. But people are most likely selling their old x1 to get a slim. Its why amazon wont be as reliable since people prefer to do this on stores. And who would buy a used x1 anyways with all the deals and bundles out now and so soon to black friday. My thought is that they wont get much anyways at this time selling online or to others so a store ofering trading bonuses is much better.

This will probably happen with ps4 pro as well. Witch makes me wonder how rreliable theese numbers will be going foward since they are second purchases. Sure these consoles might sell over 100m but how good is that if thouse are didived by revisions with each like 40m or so sales. Or should we start considereing total games sales as a better indicator of the health of the market?

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Lrdfancypants

said:
Libara said:

Some of these comments are golden, when MS does a deal it means their desperate, if Sony does it its "for the gamers". Typical VGC

Wth?  I don't get these responses. 

Where did I say this?

As far as gribble goes he is pretty consistent on his stance unless I've missed something.

This is a Tesco deal not a Microsoft one. The norm in the UK is for places like Argos and Tesco to have in house sales. Had friends who bought old killzone ps4's for 100 pounds less then the going rate in like mid 2014, granted that was a clearance sale but you get my point.

Around the Network

PS4 Pro will be crazy.

eva01beserk said:
RJ_Sizzle said:

The x1 percived value has to be near the floor in the consumers eyes. MS seems to want to drg everyone down with them but it wont work with the release of the pro and switch. it might start to look its the old gen and thats why its cheaper, so the pro and switch wont be that damaged when ms basicly starts giving theese things away.

Edit: wasent last ms Q report saw a huge increase in hardware but with really high losses in profit? That is the reason why this insane deals are not healthy for the industry.

In the last Microsoft's report, they lost a total of 2 millions of Xbox Live members (without distinguishing between gold or non-gold) from 49 millions to 47 millions,  between  June and September, the month  where they won all the NPDs. But they had a 21% increase from total subscription from 1Q 2016 (June to September of 2015) to 1Q 2017(June to September of 2016).

justagamer25 said:

Lrdfancypants

said:

Where did I say this?

As far as gribble goes he is pretty consistent on his stance unless I've missed something.

This is a Tesco deal not a Microsoft one. The norm in the UK is for places like Argos and Tesco to have in house sales. Had friends who bought old killzone ps4's for 100 pounds less then the going rate in like mid 2014, granted that was a clearance sale but you get my point.

These likely sound more like vendor sponsored deals. Would Tesco ieat a 258 dollar USD cost, the final difference from the asking price from these free full-priced games, to help move units?  This is a firesale. MS is about to do some PR for the month and units need to be moved apparently.

RJ_Sizzle said:
justagamer25 said:

Lrdfancypants

These likely sound more like vendor sponsored deals. Would Tesco ieat a 258 dollar USD cost, the final difference from the asking price from these free full-priced games, to help move units?  This is a firesale. MS is about to do some PR for the month and units need to be moved apparently.

I think what's more likely is they never thought through the idea of people stacking the games on the purchase. If you go through the deals on the tesco website for the ps4 slim you can get FIFA 17 Minecraft and bf1 with savings of £71

justagamer25 said:

Lrdfancypants

said:

Where did I say this?

So what?  No I don't get your point. 

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....