By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are there any demand for non-combat games/games without combat (that aren't sports games)?

There are always these...

...which I happen to love.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Turkish said:

Are you saying koopa stomping Mario, moblin slaying Link and the Metroid genocide caused by Samus are non-violent?

Theres no blood or gore, they just become flat or gets knocked out and then blinks out of existence. Its like saying the Three Stooges were violent people who hit and tortured eachother.

Just because they aren't depicted in the most gruesome way doesn't make them any less violent, they're still hurting others. What OP is asking is complete non-combat like the ones he mentioned.

I would say ios is your answer. The top 100 mobile games are littered with non-violent games.

Mario is definitely a violent series and I'm baffled that no one mentioned that he shoots fireballs at living creatures. Hell Yoshi eats enemies alive (and turns them into eggs).
Just because there isn't blood doesn't mean it's not violent.

Most of P&C Adventures genre is non-violent...but yeah, people just like shooting/hacking stuff in video games.

In board gaming, for example, it's quite different...when someone says that certain game is Eurogame (does not necessarily comes from Europe), and there are LOT of Eurogames out there, it's pretty certain there is no direct conflict in it, or it's kept to minimum.

Around the Network

Meatboy and FEZ and non-violent experiences. In fact, you can find lots of successful platformers and puzzlers that don't require the player to engage in acts of violence.

There is, but just not as big

Puzzle games, VNs, simulators, rhythm games, etc.

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I think the first question that needs to be asked is clarification of what you mean by 'violence'.

Does it only refer to combat, such as in first person shooters? Or does can it refer to acts of violence that aren't necessarily enacted by the player? For example, I just played the latest Ace Attorney game, and while I never once shot a person or selected an attack option, violence still had a role in the game's conflict as I investigated murder scenes.

The Sims is the PC's best seller. Games don't need combat to be successful, but, the average they will be more successful with more interaction. Action is an easy way to introduce interaction to a game.

Hippy friendly games do better on mobile.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)