By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Company Has Had the Best 1st Party Line Up This Generation? (Home Consoles)

?

Sony 164 38.05%

Microsoft 38 8.82%

Nintendo 211 48.96%

Ouya 18 4.18%

Total:431
worldend said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Bloodborne, ratchet and clank, until dawn arent from 1st party developer. Sony has the best 2nd and 3rd party line up 

do some research before you talk, Bloodborne is co-developed by Sony Studio Japan, a 1st pasrty Sony owned studio

I think they only produced it. If that counts then Nintendo should get Bayonetta 2 and Lego City Undercover as well.

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
worldend said:

do some research before you talk, Bloodborne is co-developed by Sony Studio Japan, a 1st pasrty Sony owned studio

Maybe i got bloodborne wrong but you listed a few games that werent made from 1st party develper. Why didnt you do some research yourself before you talk?

because i didn't understand at first the criteria of this topic, "only games developed by 1st parties or co-developed" wtf is that, who asks that? what significance is in that question? who buys a console thinking "man, PS4 sure has all the great multiplats and a lot of exlcusive games, but Wii U has more games developed by Nintendo themselves so i'll get that", i subestimated the stupidity of this topic and jumped in without fully understanding it with my first comment, anyway, Bloodborne is a game co-developed by a 1st party Sony studio, and that is a big omission

worldend said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Maybe i got bloodborne wrong but you listed a few games that werent made from 1st party develper. Why didnt you do some research yourself before you talk?

because i didn't understand at first the criteria of this topic, "only games developed by 1st parties or co-developed" wtf is that, who asks that? what significance is in that question? who buys a console thinking "man, PS4 sure has all the great multiplats and a lot of exlcusive games, but Wii U has more games developed by Nintendo themselves so i'll get that", i subestimated the stupidity of this topic and jumped in without fully understanding it with my first comment, anyway, Bloodborne is a game co-developed by a 1st party Sony studio, and that is a big omission

I haven't found any source stating that Sony Japan DEVELOPED blood borne at all. Not mentioned on this list either http://ca.ign.com/companies/sce-studios-japan

KLXVER said:
worldend said:

I think they only produced it. If that counts then Nintendo should get Bayonetta 2 and Lego City Undercover as well.

i'm pretty sure producing a game falls under the co-developed category, i don't mind adding Bayo 2 and whatever shovelware you want to that list, the Nintendo list is nothing more than a big pile of shame, i wouldn't play any of those games, for me Nintendo doesn't even come close, just look at how Horizon looks and how Zelda looks, one looks like a modern game and the other looks like something that would've been made 10 years ago, typical Nintendo, always behind

I guess Nintendo. Sony's 3rd party exclusives always put them over Nintendo's (and M$ for that matter) overall library from Day 0 (except PS3).  From Xenogears, FFVII, Parasyte Eve, MGS, Wild Arms and FF Tactics, on PS1 to Persona 5, and Bloodborne now.

EDIT: Nevermind Sony takes it if Trico is released in Dec.  I've been waiting for Advance Wars and Metroid. Nintendo hasn't delivered, so Sony for bringing out the much needed sequel.

Currently Playing: N/A

Anime and Studying is life RN

Around the Network
hollabackenny said:
worldend said:

I haven't found any source stating that Sony Japan DEVELOPED blood borne at all. Not mentioned on this list either http://ca.ign.com/companies/sce-studios-japan

next time don't use IGN for research https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIE_Japan_Studio#Games

worldend said:
KLXVER said:

i'm pretty sure producing a game falls under the co-developed category, i don't mind adding Bayo 2 and whatever shovelware you want to that list, the Nintendo list is nothing more than a big pile of shame, i wouldn't play any of those games, for me Nintendo doesn't even come close, just look at how Horizon looks and how Zelda looks, one looks like a modern game and the other looks like something that would've been made 10 years ago, typical Nintendo, always behind

Yikes...

KLXVER said:
worldend said:

Yikes...

Yikes X2..................................................................................................  I mean the Killzone games were a graphical marvel, but Guerrilla Games is unproven as a developer.  They had to clean house, hire writers and people from outside of sony.  They outsourced alot of Horizon's art too.  I have no idea if they can pull it off.

Currently Playing: N/A

Anime and Studying is life RN

To be honest, they've all been disappointments, and I can't decide which one has disappointed me the least. I had other reasons in mind when I decided I wouldn't be getting into this generation at least quickly, but it turns out that for someone whose primary platform is PC, there haven't actually been that many interesting exclusives on consoles. The situation is finally changing a bit, but we're still not there.

I reject your definition of 1st party and apply it instead to "1st Party IPs".

With that in mind, Bloodborne. So PlayStation by default for me.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames