By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One first to 30m or PlayStation 4 first to 55m?

Who Can Reach The Objective First?

PlayStation 4 249 84.41%

Xbox One 46 15.59%

Total:295
HokageTenshi said:

more like...

PS4/Slim/Pro first to 60m than XBone/S 30m

Bold prediction right there :D

Around the Network
Fei-Hung said:
It's a tough one as Sony recently has got tons of bad press and Xbox has done the opposite. Additionally, Xbox has the cheapest 4K BR player on the market along with several sales spikes in America and the UK.

I really dont understand how people honestly think the 4K BR player will give XB1 S an advantage, if any at all. 4K BR's arent exactly flying off shelves and there arent many of them. I went to Target today and found a handful on a really short shelf off to the side, mixed in with regular BR and DVD's, as if they were apart of some sort of clearance sale. Physical media for films is dying, and there's no denying that fact. 4K Netflix and YouTube on PS4 Pro is going to turn out to be a far bigger selling point. Also, if Amazon is any indicator of sales trends, PS4 Pro is still the best selling console SKU overall, and both the PS4 CoD bundle and UC4 Slim bundle are tracking ahead of the 500 GB XB1 S SKU. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

LivingMetal said:
Anyone who thinks the Xbox One will reach the goal first needs to stop masturbating over their Xbox One. :)

Is it really that bad to do so?

PS4. We're still not even remotely sure what the true X1 sales are.

Wright said:
LivingMetal said:
Anyone who thinks the Xbox One will reach the goal first needs to stop masturbating over their Xbox One. :)

Yes, getting fluids on your electronics is a bad idea :)

Around the Network

So, current LTD sales ratio is 1.95:1.

54.9M vs 30 M is a sales ratio of 1.83:1.

So basically for Xb one to get to 30M before PS4 gets to 55M requires the LTD sales ratio to decrease by 0.12. Which of course over the next few months Xb one achieves an average sales ratio of 1.51(PS4):1(XBO).

I dunno. With Pro looking likely to be a strong seller, and with Amazon indicating PS4 winning in September in NA, I'm not certain Xb one can reduce that sales ration by that much. If you ask me whether it's possible for MS to prevent the LTD sales ratio from hitting 2:1 I think it may be possible if Scorpio hits the right marks, including being price competitive. But it it also possible that PS4 is already at 2:1 by the time Scorpio comes along.

I think PS4 is favoured in this 55/30 match up.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Ariakon said:
Wright said:

Yes, getting fluids on your electronics is a bad idea :)

Nothing a thorough clean can't fix!

binary solo said:
So, current LTD sales ratio is 1.95:1.

54.9M vs 30 M is a sales ratio of 1.83:1.

So basically for Xb one to get to 30M before PS4 gets to 55M requires the LTD sales ratio to decrease by 0.12. Which of course over the next few months Xb one achieves an average sales ratio of 1.51(PS4):1(XBO).

I dunno. With Pro looking likely to be a strong seller, and with Amazon indicating PS4 winning in September in NA, I'm not certain Xb one can reduce that sales ration by that much. If you ask me whether it's possible for MS to prevent the LTD sales ratio from hitting 2:1 I think it may be possible if Scorpio hits the right marks, including being price competitive. But it it also possible that PS4 is already at 2:1 by the time Scorpio comes along.

I think PS4 is favoured in this 55/30 match up.

The funny thing about those ratios is that its not even taking into consideration what really needs to happen. So far this year the PS4 has maintained an almost 2:1 ratio over the XB1. And dare I say for the entire generation thus far with exception to a few months.

For XB1 to drop that ratio down from 2:1 to 1.5:1 in the last 3 months of the year, it basically has to drop it down to around 1.2:1 in those last 3 months. Not a chance in hell of that happenning. 

Personally, I think the PS4 has a great shot at hitting 60M before the XBO hits 30M. The Pro is going to do quite well. So will the Slim during the holidays, especially if it gets a BF SKU for $249. VR should also cause a slight increase.

PS4 55m easy.