By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4Pro Has A GPU Feature That Improves PSVR

zero129 said:
deskpro2k3 said:
PSVR will make VR games mainstream. I don't see Vive, or Oculus doing it.

Fact is imo

This is your problem.

Anyways, pushing VR Games forward is something I see the PS brand doing, and it pose a higher chance of succeeding. The PS brand don't just make games, they also help made gaming mainstream.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
zero129 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

This is your problem.

Anyways, pushing VR Games forward is something I see the PS brand doing, and it pose a higher chance of succeeding. The PS brand don't just make games, they also help made gaming mainstream.

My problem is having an opinion?. Mobile is already pushing VR. Unless you think a 400 euro VR add on for PS4 is going to sell 5 million+?

Imo i see lifetime sales on PS4 at about 1 million units. If it also comes to PC i see it selling about 2 million lifetime.

you're stating your opinion as a fact. don't you see how that looks?

and my statement is about pushing vr games forward, not hardware. in the end, it's the games that sells the hardware.

zero129 said:
deskpro2k3 said:
PSVR will make VR games mainstream. I don't see Vive, or Oculus doing it.

If you dont see vive or Oculus doing it PSVR is not going to do it.

In fact the only way i see VR becoming proper mainstream is on Mobile phones.

Fact is imo PC and Console VR is going to be a niche market (Wont be too bad for PC thanks to it being open platform sucks when VR support gets dropped with devs on PS4 thanks to low sales). But Mobile is where it will explode. Hell mobile VR can already do AR and VR in the one device.

You can use your mobile VR device on your PC and maybe even in the future on your consoles. Mobile VR has come on leaps and bounds since it first came out and best thing is if you plan on buying a good mobile phone this year your going to have 80% of the VR hardware already in your hands.

I love both pc and console gaming as well as own an S7 Edge with Gear VR... the only solution that can make VR mainstream in terms of gaming is the PSVR. By this time next year I'm quite certain it will have outsold the Vive and Rift combined by at least 2x the units (being conservative here).

The Vive is really great, but the PC is lacking the real AAA experiences that the PS4 will get, and that's the advantage of having a major 1st party supporting the platform. Now the big kicker is... Sony has mentioned before they are looking into PC support for the PSVR. If that comes to fruition, HTC and Facebook might as well just pack their bags and call it a day.

PS: mobile VR is pretty terrible for anything that isn't simply watching videos/movies

zero129 said:
Zoombael said:

PCVR isnt as better as the price suggests. In fact the gap will be hardly noticable with a prostation4 psvr combo. Not to speak of most comfortable, easy to setup and adjust. Standard ps4 and psvr can already hold their own (driveclub) against the way more expensive PC VR. Ultimate my heini.

If you believe so dude.

This is what i love about "Some" PS4 gamers. They will try compare PC to PS4 when they "Think" they have the advantage but then as soon as they realise they have no Advantages at all they are quick to dismiss comparasons.

Believe what? You have to resort to believe because you dont know. I can name the facts. You just ramble on about specs on paper and other theoreticals. Not something like "Driveclub VR the most immersive VR racing experience to date". Or how well distributed the weight of the PS VR HMD is in comparison to rift/vive.

And i love how pretty much every PC fanboy cant see past hardware specs and has to justify the open platform tohuwabohu even though all whats it good for are funny physics experiments. Funny for 5 minutes.

Moderated - Leadified

Hunting Season is done...

zero129 said:
Zoombael said:

Believe what? You have to resort to believe because you dont know. I can name the facts. You just ramble on about specs on paper and other theoreticals. Not something like "Driveclub VR the most immersive VR racing experience to date". Or how well distributed the weight of the PS VR HMD is in comparison to rift/vive.

And i love how pretty much every PC fanboy cant see past hardware specs and has to justify the open platform tohuwabohu even though all whats it good for are funny physics experiments. Funny for 5 minutes.

Did i hit a nerve? why are you calling me a fanboy?.

When price is considered as a factor,  which it is for most consumers,  I consider psvr to be the ultimate vr gaming experience. Not sure why you make such a big deal over an opinion.  

Around the Network
padib said:
kitler53 said:

...there accept that there is a reason why ms isn't trusted.

There are japanese people in those images, of course I trust them. It's as if you showed me a video with a brittish guy doing the presentation and telling me not to trust him.

It's not realistic.

a deflection via racism? wow..

you don't get to revise history.  cloud was at the xbox reveal.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-in-theory-can-xbox-one-cloud-transform-gaming

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/24/4361730/xbox-one-cloud-gaming-part-of-online-requirement

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4352724/xbox-one-cloud-computing

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=690393

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVYjSo3GJ3I&feature=youtu.be&t=1m13s

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-could-get-photorealistic-rendering-system-for-amazing-visuals/1100-6418060/

^^ that one quotes phil spencer btw,.. a guy who definetly isn't japanese . 

and while we're at it i'll just post this one:

i might as well metion how this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-fbot-O72k

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-Add-Backwards-Compatibility-Xbox-360-Games-Soon-72471.html

https://gamerant.com/xbox-one-backwards-compatible-e3-2015-108/

turned into this:

http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/so-i-guess-were-okay-with-this-deceptive-xbox-backwards-compatibility-ad-34209

as well.

zero129 said:

First of all its silly for you to even try arguing this. And its also foolish for anyone to think that VR on a closed platform such as the PS4 is going to compare to VR on an open platform such as PC.

Also no PSVR doesnt have way more games. And people buy will buy VR for content and fact of the matter is the is Much much more content on PC for VR then Sony could ever wish to have. This includes Indies, AA and AAA (Even if you like to think it doesnt) .

And Yes SvennoJ they are in different ballparks. Its not even funny to try compare PC VR with PSVR whatever Some Sony fans might wish for.

Personally i see PSVR failing big time and doing even worse then the Vive and the Rift on PC. In fact i see it selling much better once it comes to PC.

VR on PS4 is dead on arrival with PC having the ultimate experience and Xbox1S getting the 2nd best next year once Rift launchs on it.

So Vive and Rift have much more AAA content? Post a link here, please, give us some sources, because mine are saying different stuff. I'll do it for you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HTC_Vive_games

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_Oculus_Rift_support

I see Project Cars. Eve is an AA at best, so I don't see the massive support you claim. If your "ultimate" experience is playng job simulator, that's quite pathetic.

Being an open platform doesn't make much difference here, people have to actually make AAA software for it. For EA, Activision and Ubisoft, being an open platform doesn't mean anything. They want money and that's not on two failed devices. They released around April, so we have 6 months of no-sales, poor support and really, the hype is dead. If sales don't pick up agressively, we won't even have to compare PC VR with PSVR, since PC VR will be pretty much dead and gone.

Face it. PSVR will have Resident Evil, CoD, Batman, all the big guns. Until now, none of them confirmed for Rift or Vive. Right now, they are glorified hyper-expensive indie machines. PC barely makes it viable to create normal AAA games with sales number that are too low, only getting some steam (no-pun intended) after this gen made porting easier. I't beyond absurd that you do believe that two devices that sold a few hundred k will be able to get some support, specially from AAA games that need to sell millions of copies to break even.

You are assuming that the advantage of a PC is to be able to expend infinite cash to get a better experience, which is true for normal games. You can put 2 GPUs and play in 4K @ 60 fps. But the ones that are really buying most game copies are more modest guys, with low to mid end GPUs. But that's fine, because games have graphics settings so everyone can tune it to play, as soon as his GPU isn't that old. So, people with high end machines actually depend on the guys with low to mid end machines, that will be the bigger numbers that make the game viable. With Rift and Vive, there's now low or mid end. Your minimum GPU is pretty much a 970/RX480/1060. If you actually expent the money of the Rift or Vive on the PC, you would actually have a 1070/1080 SLI. So for VR, there's only the enthuasiast level investment. A small market. Unless the games costed 200 or 300 bucks, these won't make anyone break even.

The difference that really helps PSVR is that there's a company behind it convincing publishers to back this up, launch games, financing games and even making them. They know this thing has to sell millions of units in the holidays alone and keep a decent pace next year and build a large install base. Sony can just keep it running with these tactics for a while, or it becomes another PS Move. I don't really see a device so expensive building a large base, but at least it isn't super expensive. That's another reason why it will slaughter Rift/Vive: it's cheaper, so more people can buy it and the install base grows faster.

Honestly, these guys should cost 100 bucks, maybe 150 top. Yes, I know it's impossible with the current tech, but that's actually the point. The tech isn't mature yet, so I fear that they just jumped ship to early and busted VR for a good time.

zero129 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

you're stating your opinion as a fact. don't you see how that looks?

and my statement is about pushing vr games forward, not hardware.

If thats the case Indie devs have already been pushing VR games forward by trying new things and bringing new experiences to the devices.

But if the hardware doesnt sell devs will jump ship just like with 3D on PS3. Sony talked that up big time with how every game going forword would have 3D support etc. Does any game on the PS4 even support 3D?. Yeah any early buyers of PSVR better hope it sells well otherwise they will be left with a 400 device that has no games. Well maybe mobile devs might port their mobile VR games to PS4 on PSN so i guess that would still be something.

And im sorry if when it might sound like im stating something as fact, but when others are stating things as fact such as "PSVR is the ultimate VR device" its hard not to. And this is also why i come of as hating on the PS4 when really im just trying to pull "Some" (I think everyone knows who im on about when i say some) fans off their high horse.

This gen a "small" group of PS4 fans on this site have been some of the worse fans ive ever come across and when i reply to them users it might seem like im hating on sony but really im just taking them down a notch. So im also sorry if some other proper sony fans might find some things i say annoying, but hopefully you guys will understand i dont think of you all the same as this "Small" group of fans and i really like sony and most of its users, its just "some" of its fans i dont.

"If thats the case Indie devs have already been pushing VR games forward by trying new things and bringing new experiences to the devices."

If they were we'd be hearing more about it, instead right now we're hearing more about PSVR.

"But if the hardware doesnt sell devs will jump ship just like with 3D on PS3. Sony talked that up big time with how every game going forword would have 3D support etc."

PS3 still support 3D games and 3D bluray movies, it is up to game developers to make more. By the way, the PS3 hardware sold lots, something like 86mil worldwide.

PS4 also supports 3D bluray, and games. Ex: Trine, Trine 2: Complete Story, Zen Pinball 2, KickBeat, Fez, Sniper Elite III, Sniper Elite IV, Zombie Army Trilogy, Super Stardust Ultra, Daylight, CastleStorm Definitive Edition, Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power.

zero129 said:
Kerotan said:

When price is considered as a factor,  which it is for most consumers,  I consider psvr to be the ultimate vr gaming experience. Not sure why you make such a big deal over an opinion.  

Exactly why are you replying to my question to him?. And yes its ok when its an "opinion" however when you state it as fact as you have been in your last few posts clearly people are going to have a "Different" opinion about it.

I meant to reply to the other one. 

And really,  did you just say that when you just stated your opinion as fact too.  Contradicting yourself there. 

zero129 said:
Kerotan said:

I meant to reply to the other one. 

And really,  did you just say that when you just stated your opinion as fact too.  Contradicting yourself there. 

Except from my very first post i said "Imo"

Except you also said "fact is"  which proves my point.  Contradicting yourself.