By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bethesda Hasn’t Given Up Yet On Getting Mod Support For PS4

They should allow it so people start giving PES a chance.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Ariakon said:

I'm good for any way they do it, as I want those mods. The problem with Sony's stance is that, while understandable, it's very inconsistent in practice. How can something like Atom Universe, which constantly crashes and kicks me out about thirty seconds in, be considered finished while the fallout mods are unacceptable? Sony allows other mods on the system. 

Yeah, I mean, assuming this is about quality control, then I can easily understand Sony's position.  Probably a good 25% of mods on PC are adult in nature and would not be allowed on either of the consoles.  So, what if some immature fanboy for the competition wants to steal a PC mod with naked girls in bondage and upload it to Bethesda.net under the title "AWESOME NEW POWER ARMOR"?  It would be reported and taken down but what if Fox News wanted to run a story on it?  What if someone wanted to sue over it?

What's stopping from this happening on the PC version? That's what happened with the Hot Coffe Mod, in SA. Double standard doesn't work.

archer9234 said:
pokoko said:

Yeah, I mean, assuming this is about quality control, then I can easily understand Sony's position.  Probably a good 25% of mods on PC are adult in nature and would not be allowed on either of the consoles.  So, what if some immature fanboy for the competition wants to steal a PC mod with naked girls in bondage and upload it to Bethesda.net under the title "AWESOME NEW POWER ARMOR"?  It would be reported and taken down but what if Fox News wanted to run a story on it?  What if someone wanted to sue over it?

What's stopping from this happening on the PC version? That's what happened with the Hot Coffe Mod, in SA. Double standard doesn't work.

What's stopping what from happening on the PC version?  I don't understand your question.

The funny thing is that the mods on Xbox One are a pretty smooth experience. I messed around with it for Fallout 4 and it was a blast. Mods are one of my main reasons for gaming on PC. If MS keeps this tradition with Scorpio, I can easily see me going with Scorpio instead of building a rig.

What sort of mods are available on the X1? Because it's not totally mod friendly like the PC is it?

Around the Network

Pretty sure it was because they needed more RAM, and Sony said no because it would compromise the OS. This actually lives up with what I've heard about Fallout 4 mods on XB1 in that they're so buggy they could even wipe your file.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

bunchanumbers said:
The funny thing is that the mods on Xbox One are a pretty smooth experience. I messed around with it for Fallout 4 and it was a blast. Mods are one of my main reasons for gaming on PC. If MS keeps this tradition with Scorpio, I can easily see me going with Scorpio instead of building a rig.

I don't know about now but the launch was anything but smooth.  Hopefully they have a lot of it straightened out, though many mod authors are still unhappy about how things went down and the lack of features with Bethesda's mod service.  Independent services on PC are much superior.

Also keep in mind that many of the best and most advanced PC mods simply won't work on consoles because they're linked to PC-only resources like Script Extender.

Another thing to watch is if mod storage limits see a substantial increase on Scorpio.  Right now, I think the Xbox One limit is 2GB, which is fine for mods that tweak a few things or add simple items but when you start downloading the really good stuff then you're going to have to make some choices.  I've been running through a quest mod this week that was 800MB by itself and I probably have about two dozen mods installed.  Many mods also use other mods as a framework, such as some armor mods requiring that you have Armor And Weapons Keyword Community Resource installed first to even run.

Mods on Xbox One are a shadow of mods on PC at the moment.  If mods are an important factor for you then make sure you check on how they improve with Scorpio before making a decision.

These two companies don't seem to get along with each other well.

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Mods on the PS4 is one of the most overblown issues that managed to die in about 48 hours. The reality of why it doesn't matter? It affects two games, and true mod freedom will always be restricted to PC because the PS4 and Xbox One for that matter are not open platforms inviting coders to mod their hearts out. To solidify this, nobody even really cares at this point except for the handful of people who didn't immediately forget about mods 30 minutes after the support was originally announced. The hubbub died down fast, and it's already a non-subject in gaming news.

Also, it is so silly that Bethesda is hardcore playing the victim here like Sony is the bad guy when Bethesda is really so incompetent, I also wouldn't want them trying to insist that this lazily ported fan developed code is totally stable, optimized, and won't hinder the system in any other way. Sony has put a lot of time into making sure the PS4 OS is as quick and functional during gameplay as outside of it, and if Bethesda being lazy would compromise that, it is Sony's duty to say no until Bethesda gets their crap together.

To top it all off, Farming Simulator has already been confirmed for mods on PS4, and if Sony doesn't say no to them, that means the problem really is with Bethesda and their inability to be halfway skilled developers.

This will go forever and always: the best and most free mod support is going to be on PC. It's just the way it is. That is where the mods are made, where the hardware creators and OS developers welcome the mod creation, where you have the freedom to pick any mod in existence and not the handful considered stable enough on a system they weren't even made for originally, and where mods of all kinds can be found with multiple different installation methods for the highest tier support. If you are truly invested in a mod experience, shift over to PC and you will never be happier, and this is coming from someone who still games more on his consoles than his gaming PC.

LuckyTrouble said:
Mods on the PS4 is one of the most overblown issues that managed to die in about 48 hours. The reality of why it doesn't matter? It affects two games, and true mod freedom will always be restricted to PC because the PS4 and Xbox One for that matter are not open platforms inviting coders to mod their hearts out. To solidify this, nobody even really cares at this point except for the handful of people who didn't immediately forget about mods 30 minutes after the support was originally announced. The hubbub died down fast, and it's already a non-subject in gaming news.

Also, it is so silly that Bethesda is hardcore playing the victim here like Sony is the bad guy when Bethesda is really so incompetent, I also wouldn't want them trying to insist that this lazily ported fan developed code is totally stable, optimized, and won't hinder the system in any other way. Sony has put a lot of time into making sure the PS4 OS is as quick and functional during gameplay as outside of it, and if Bethesda being lazy would compromise that, it is Sony's duty to say no until Bethesda gets their crap together.

To top it all off, Farming Simulator has already been confirmed for mods on PS4, and if Sony doesn't say no to them, that means the problem really is with Bethesda and their inability to be halfway skilled developers.

This will go forever and always: the best and most free mod support is going to be on PC. It's just the way it is. That is where the mods are made, where the hardware creators and OS developers welcome the mod creation, where you have the freedom to pick any mod in existence and not the handful considered stable enough on a system they weren't even made for originally, and where mods of all kinds can be found with multiple different installation methods for the highest tier support. If you are truly invested in a mod experience, shift over to PC and you will never be happier, and this is coming from someone who still games more on his consoles than his gaming PC.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames