By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bethesda Hasn’t Given Up Yet On Getting Mod Support For PS4

Lrdfancypants said:
KLAMarine said:

If Microsoft has no problem with Bethesda mods, why does Sony?

Does it really matter why they have different requirements?  If it's true then Bethesda should play by their rules and if not just say that and move on. 

It seems to me these two companies don't seem to like one another much. 

It seems to me Bethesda may eventually move on. Either way, this comes at the expense of ps4 owners.

Bandorr said:
KLAMarine said:

Because Microsoft can't be picky. They need any and every edge to close the gap as much as possible.

Good time to be an Xbox owner then. Microsoft is actually trying to do good for their customers.

Sony might feel they don't need to for theirs.

Plerpy_ said:
KLAMarine said:

Because Microsoft and Sony are different companies.

Indeed they are but they're both in the same industry.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Plerpy_ said:

Because Microsoft and Sony are different companies.

So everyone in the same industry needs to have the same standards and values?

Plerpy_ said:
KLAMarine said:

No but these differences in standards and values are going to manifest in different ways. With respect to this thread's topic, PS4 owners aren't getting mods for Fallout 4 or Skyrim and XBox1 owners are.

A win for Microsoft in this arena.

KLAMarine said:
Lrdfancypants said:

Does it really matter why they have different requirements?  If it's true then Bethesda should play by their rules and if not just say that and move on. 

It seems to me these two companies don't seem to like one another much. 

It seems to me Bethesda may eventually move on. Either way, this comes at the expense of ps4 owners.

If it hurts players they'll decide who they blame.  It would probably be wiser for Bethesda to just follow the rules of the network but they probably won't for whatever reason. 

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

KLAMarine said:
Plerpy_ said:

No but these differences in standards and values are going to manifest in different ways. With respect to this thread's topic, PS4 owners aren't getting mods for Fallout 4 or Skyrim and XBox1 owners are.

That's one way to look at it I guess but I'd say it's more Bethesda not doing what they promised ps4 owners.  Not sure what MS has to do with it. It's more about ps4 owners of Bethesda games. 

Marco....

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Plerpy_ said:

Lets keep it to the PS4 in this thread please, especially as we're in the Sony forums.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Lrdfancypants said:
KLAMarine said:

That's one way to look at it I guess but I'd say it's more Bethesda not doing what they promised ps4 owners.  Not sure what MS has to do with it. It's more about ps4 owners of Bethesda games. 

Bethesda seems to be pointing the finger at Sony: https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/ps4-mod-update/2016/09/09/199

I don't know the specifics though. Not sure if Sony has given their side of the story either.

starcraft said:
KLAMarine said:

Lets keep it to the PS4 in this thread please, especially as we're in the Sony forums.

Acknowledged.

KLAMarine said:
Lrdfancypants said:

Bethesda seems to be pointing the finger at Sony: https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/ps4-mod-update/2016/09/09/199

I don't know the specifics though. Not sure if Sony has given their side of the story either.

starcraft said:

Acknowledged.

My point is at the end of the day Bethesda promised mods and is now not doing it blaming Sony (because of their requirements?).  

Sony did not promise mods.  How does Sony get the blame for this?  This is on Bethesda.  In a time where it seems now everyone wants to hold devs to account for failed promises or lies about what their games offer I don't think Bethesda should be getting this pass. They need to follow the rules of the network they promised to deliver upon and deliver upon those promises. It's simple. 

This is is on Bethesda and not Sony. Sony didn't promise mods. Bethesda needs to follow whatever rules there are to deliver what they promised their customers. 

Marco....

Lrdfancypants said:
KLAMarine said:

Acknowledged.

My point is at the end of the day Bethesda promised mods and is now not doing it blaming Sony (because of their requirements?).  

Sony did not promise mods.  How does Sony get the blame for this?  This is on Bethesda.  In a time where it seems now everyone wants to hold devs to account for failed promises or lies about what their games offer I don't think Bethesda should be getting this pass. They need to follow the rules of the network they promised to deliver upon and deliver upon those promises. It's simple. 

This is is on Bethesda and not Sony. Sony didn't promise mods. Bethesda needs to follow whatever rules there are to deliver what they promised their customers. 

Can you link me to this promise from Bethesda? I'd like to read it.

There have been numerous articles about this discussing how dated and antiquated some of Sony's policies regarding this are, and this mod situation is the result. As a consumer I don't give a shit about Sony's bottom line or their policies, I have a game on PS4 that can't support mods while the same game does on PC and Xbone and for the company that is "4theplayers", that doesn't make sense. Their silence on the matter just makes it worse. The only people I ever see sticking up for Sony on the Internets on this issue are people who don't care about FO4 or mods anyway, lol.