By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Naruto "Ultimate Ninja" series is going to end

Next projects plox!

-A .Hack RPG
-Fist of the North Star game

Around the Network

I kind of hope we can get a Dengeki Bunko 3D fighting game series, with light novel adaptations getting all the hype and the 2 of the big 3 nekketsu series coming to an end.

Hiku said:

Hmm, I still don't trust that we won't see a Boruto Ultimate Ninja Storm in a year or so.

But personally I'd love it if they made a new .hack game.
I know they're busy working on FF7 Remake though.

there's no point if they're adding all of the Boruto DLC to Storm 4.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

BasilZero said:
hershel_layton said:

There will be once the Boruto anime comes out.

Hiku said:
hershel_layton said:

Boruto is an ongoing manga though. Right now it's still retelling the events of the Boruto movie, but we know the story will stretch for several years (as in Boruto will grow up).

I guess you're right.

At the same time, there are other animes they could turn into video games. Pretty sure they're ready to move on from naruto.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

BraLoD said:
It already finished, Naruto story finished with the last game, there is nowhere to run with it anymore.
But yeah, it could be milked with several spin-offs, and I agree on that, good to let it go.

I would like a full story Naruto game, though.

Didn't they already showcase the entire story of Naruto in one of the storm games?

BasilZero said:
hershel_layton said:

I guess you're right.

At the same time, there are other animes they could turn into video games. Pretty sure they're ready to move on from naruto.

Sure there are other anime that they could make games on for but to what extent will it ensure it will sell as well as the big three anime series

-Dragon Ball/Super
-One Piece
-Naruto

Bear in mind there's also Gundam.

Ironically all of the mentioned are owned by Namco thanks to owning Bandai.

You do have a point. Naruto games are instant sellers.

Hiku said:
hershel_layton said:

I guess you're right.

Hopefully, but I'm thinking about Dragon Ball as a comparison. The last Dragon Ball anime episode aired in 1997. (Before Dragon Ball Super began last yerar, that is.) And yet the same companies were pumping out Dragon Ball game after Dragon Ball game for decades without stopping.

I really can't argue against that. In my opinion, I'm fine with more games as long as they're fun and not junky.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Didn`t Naruto itself already end a while ago? It would be kinda strange for the manga/anime to end but not the games.

Never stopped DBZ games from being made.

Anyway awesome to hear, now they can stop wasting their talent on a meh IP 

Love the game series! I'm hoping for a Full Burst edition soon.

I'd love it if they made a Bleach game.

ktay95 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Didn`t Naruto itself already end a while ago? It would be kinda strange for the manga/anime to end but not the games.

Never stopped DBZ games from being made.

Anyway awesome to hear, now they can stop wasting their talent on a meh IP 

Don't you mean great IP? :P

How similar are the Naruto games to the DBZ games?

BraLoD said:
Fei-Hung said:
How similar are the Naruto games to the DBZ games?

Nothing alike.

What's Naruto like? I didn't like DBZ.