By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A Defense of the IPhone 7

Lawlight said:

The iPhone 7 looks stupid. No home button is just not something I want (you can skip the password using fingerprint in the iPhone 5S). No headphone jack is stupid as well. 

I really wish I could hand everyone my phone for a second lol... While the audio jack may remain a hangup I think most would find the new "home button" is perfectly fine. Seriously, there's nothing negative about it... it's in the same place, is the same size, has the same feel, you can make it depress and "click" if you so desire to mimick previous home buttons, and it both improves water resistance and is one less breakable part (the home button was one of the most likely parts to break).

Around the Network
Johnw1104 said:
Lawlight said:

The iPhone 7 looks stupid. No home button is just not something I want (you can skip the password using fingerprint in the iPhone 5S). No headphone jack is stupid as well. 

I really wish I could hand everyone my phone for a second lol... While the audio jack may remain a hangup I think most would find the new "home button" is perfectly fine. Seriously, there's nothing negative about it... it's in the same place, is the same size, has the same feel, you can make it depress and "click" if you so desire to mimick previous home buttons, and it both improves water resistance and is one less breakable part (the home button was one of the most likely parts to break).

Is it? I've been on all 4 generations of iPhone since 3GS and never felt like the home button was one to break. In any case I'll skip the 7th generation altogether.

Johnw1104 said:
Fei-Hung said:
I have an Ipad mini and I bought my wife one too. My work phone and my wife's phone used to be the Iphone 4S. We bought third party licensed chargers and a dock.

One thing that really pissed me off was how via an update all the chargers stopped working. These are officially licensed chargers and a dock.

Me and the wife had bought third party ones as our old apple cables often tear up (wife has OCD and after every use she ties up the charger and puts it away). The licensed third party ones were wrapped up with some material making them more sturdy and cat proof (I have a cat).

Its not so much about not liking the phone for me as much as it's about hating the company and their ethics towards customers. Everything they do pretty much comes across like the decision has come from really milking the customer. From their chargers, to paying astronomical amounts for memory, to buying their licensed docks to now buying their licenced headphones and adapters.

They essentially manage to find a way to make it okay to keep hiking up prices for things that should be affordable and basic.

Additionally, I hate their cult like experiences they try to create. I find the whole thing really cringy. I've seen enough videos from behind the scenes of their launches to make me want to go hide under a rock out of embarrassment.

I too hate that "cult" bit. I've never actually purchased an iPhone in person and haven't stepped foot in an Apple store in years; if it needs repairs the 'UBreakWeFixIt" or w.e guys always get the job done cheaply.

Apple definitely finds ways to extort money from its customers like few companies I've encountered, though I'm not sure what astronomical costs with the memory you're referring to. Peripherals have always been a pain, but outside of a couple cables falling apart I really haven't had any issues with them; I'm hoping not to need any replacements this time around.

My brother got his iPhone 7 today. The home button is amazing! 

The crazy cult thing I was referring to was the things the staff had to do at launch. 

30-45 minutes before opening the store they would get staff the hold up these huge black curtain things from ladders. All the staff (about 100+ in this store) would then be asked to shout, scream, whistle and cheer until it's launch time. At this point they would drop the curtains and open the door. All the staff not manning the counter would be asked to separate to create a path in the middle "how moses split the sea."

As the customers walk in, the staff would have to clap, whistle and cheer the customers on. 

Johnw1104 said:

-I noticed they've made it very difficult to purchase things with amazon video, as it's not allowed on the devicewhich forces you to go directly to amazing via the web browser and find the video you want. This is to encourage you to use iTunes instead.

-

See it will only let you type amazon 50% of the time.

Good counter-perspective overall. I went 10 years without a cel phone and only have one now because work requires/provides it so I have no skin in the game one way or another.

I agree it seems like a great phone.

Around the Network
Johnw1104 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

"I don't understand why people show this as a way to show has fast a certain phone is over another. Ram Management really doesn't show how powerful a phone is. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying Galaxy S7 is more powerful than the iphone 7 cause it isn't but there are far better ways to show that. Ram management is dependent on how the OS is configured as far as how much they allow before closing them. If you want to show power, you should show the benchmarks which iphone 7 still beats but those are a much better way to show it. Also the other issue is that most people just use the US varient of the Galaxy S7 and not the international varient. The international one which every country except the US use has Samsung's Exynos CPU."

This is actually rather interesting to me as on paper the Samsung really ought to be far closer in performance to the iPhone 7 than it is (some predicted it would outperform it prior to release)... I suspect it's a result of Apple's OS being designed specifically to take advantage of the hardware, much like Nintendo always seems to get the most out of their own consoles.

Basically, the raw power of both phones is actually much closer, but when it comes to actual everyday performance (such as opening and switching apps) the iPhone 7 pulls away.

"Apple didn't raise the bar with their cameras with the iphone 7. They still have to catch up to Samsung's Galaxy S7 Camera. (With the exception of the Zoom)"

This is one that really surprises me. The first thing I did when I got the iPhone 7 is test out the camera, and it seemed to  me to be clearly the best camera yet produced on the market with features you'll only find in it. When I checked just now, though, that's very much up in the air, with many saying the Samsung's variant is superior.

There's a couple of areas the iPhone 7 definitely outshines the Samsung. First, obviously, is the zoom, which is a first of its kind and something I've been waiting ages for. Another advantage of the telephoto lens is that images more closely reflect what the human eyes see, which makes for better portraits and such in good lighting. Finally, the iPhone 7 is better at adjusting on the fly.

What do you mean by it is better at adjusting on the fly? The focus on the Galaxy S7 is better and the iphone 7's camera makes more mistakes.

Meanwhile, the Galaxy 7 appears to have slightly better contrast. It also makes less errors, as the iPhone 7 often overexposes the sky while attempting to focus in on passing people and faces, something it also does at times when focusing on something close (the Galaxy 7 has superior dynamic range). The one clear advantage, though, is in low lighting settings such as night, where the Galaxy 7 is still well ahead of the iPhone 7. Really, the iPhone has been beyond terrible at dark photos from its inception and this is the first model I've seen that has improved said pictures tremendously, but they still lag noticeably behind the Galaxy 7.

Otherwise, for the most part the two cameras are often indistinguishable from one another. I think it comes down to what is more important for you: Zoom capabilities and cleaner portraits, or sharper colors, contrast, and superior low-lighting pictures. 

"Thats the Note 7, Not the Galaxy S7. If you are going to take shots, take them properly. Oh and that is being recalled and being fixed, guess what won't be fixed though... The lack of a headphone jack for the entire life of the device."

It was merely an attempt at levity. Of course, it's not only the Note 7 that has exploded (at the very least so has the Galaxy 7 Edge), which is likely why Samsung is dropping their affiliate and moving on to entirely new batteries for all of their phones.

Well the Edge hasn't exactly had the same problem as the Note 7. We don't know if it actually does or if the dude suing did something to make it explode. Considering the Edge has been out for 6 months and that one seemingly exploded during the Note 7 recall seems suspecious at best. Its not like iphones don't have issues either.

http://ifixit.org/blog/8309/iphone-6-plus-gray-flicker-touch-death/

"
But the iphone 7 is more of an inconvience on a day to day usage than a Galaxy S7... Yes it is more powerful but to most people, it won't matter very often. There is hardly going to be any games that will use that power because most devs want to be on as many devices as possible. The taptic engine is more contraversial than anything since some people love it while others hate it. I do like the dual speakers and Apple's software updates are a given. Where as we look at what the Galaxy S7 brought us, people will use its features a lot more on a day to day usage. It has wireless charging which a ton of new affordable cars have and are getting as well as coffee shops like starbucks has them. It has a better camera which people use frequently. It has micro SD so people can watch their HD prawn anytime and you can also move apps to there. The screen resolution is better but it is also AmoLED which means that the pixels turn off when producing black colors which = battery saving. You can also use it for VR with the Galaxy VR. And of course, it has a headphone jack so you don't have to worry about the inconvicence of the adapter and etc."

I'll simply have to disagree with you on which is more of an inconvenience for day-to-day usage. Really, if Apple has nailed one thing with their hardware and OS its convenience, from its layout to constant updates (annoying though they may be) to many features like Itunes, iCloud, Apple Pay and so forth. From day one they've designed their products with the layman in mind. Any "controversy" surrounding the Taptic Engine is, in my mind, little more than all those people who initially hated losing the tactile buttons for dialing when the move was first made to smartphones; there's really no reason to dislike it and people will soon grow accustomed to it.

Yea but all of that is just a preference thing. I for example, like having a wallpaper that isn't covered by icons. Samsung has monthly security updates and they do push OTA updates if it is an emergancy like with the Note 7. Their OS upgrades aren't nearly as fast as Apple's but thats not an issue for most people, specially since its similar with every Android phone. However, things like the removable of the headphone jack is a day to day issue hence the outcry. 

Otherwise, you speak of the "wireless charging" that many "new affordable" cars have, and that's definitely a cool feature. Those same cars are also being produced with USB ports (most have them these days) which, mind you, will allow the iPhone 7 to simultaneously charge and play music (as will any car with Bluetooth equipped). I imagine both will be perfectly fine going forward.

Yea they do but the Galaxy S7 is more convient because you don't have to fiddle around with the charger. Oh and guess what, having wireless charging also means that the charging port will get used less which will increase its life comparatively.

As I already stated above, the iPhone 7 camera is excellent, matches or just barely trails the Samsung in just about all ways short of night time photos, and has the first quality zoom on a mobile smartphone and takes better, more realistic looking portraits. It's definitely a matter of preference, but Samsung's camera is not simply "better".

Have you seen the link? The Galaxy S7 produces better pictures more frequently than the iphone 7 Camera and it focuses a ton faster and more accurately. I don't see how it is not better if you are able to consistantly take better pictures. Yea zoom/portraits but if you looked at the link and the concenses of the internet shows that the S7 is certainly better. You said so yourself that many said that Samsung's one is superior so I doubt it comes down to a preference thing. Winning in a couple of areas while losing in all the rest =/= up in the air.

The only real area I agree with is the Micro SD thing but, as we're talking about average people here, I can't imagine many will ever need to worry about that storage maximum. Even if they do, the iCloud is more affordable than it previously was ($36 gets you a year of 200gb of additional memory), and it automatically backs up everything on your phone in case the phone is lost (another convenience). If you don't feel like spending any money, you can just do the smart thing and simply dump a lot of your photos onto a computer... I still don't get why that's such a big deal for people; I doubt many people are relying on a tiny screen for their "HD prawn" lol

But Samsung has microsd as well as Google services that does the exact same things as iCloud. Heck, Google Photos allows you to backup unlimited amounts of pictures provided you agree to let them be compressed.

Samsung's does indeed have higher resolution, but at this size it's not the enormous difference that might be more apparent were they larger. Indeed, I doubt any average iPhone 7 user will feel like they're missing out as the screen still looks pretty darn great. From what I've seen the battery life of both phones are rather similar.

It is important for VR though. The screen on the S7 is also brighter since iphone 7 is 705 nits vs 855 nits and Note 7's 1000nits.

I'll admit I hadn't even thought of VR as I've been setting up my PC for the Vive, but google informs me that there's some good options for it such as the Homido. Interestingly, google also suggests that Apple is clearly pursuing VR themselves, something I had no idea about (though I doubt they'll use the iPhone 7). If a person really wants to try VR but doesn't feel like buying the PS4 or an Oculus/Vive etc, then the Samsung Galaxy 7 is probably the way to go, but there's definitely options on the iPhone 7 as well.

They might be but on iphone 7, considering how important ppi and screen resolution is, the experience will be worse.

Really, I just don't think an adapter for an audio jack suddenly causes this thing to be exceedingly inconvenient. Really, I've found it to be a joy since I got it, and the few people I know who also got it love theirs as well.

Its fine that you do but it many don't hence the outcry. People have lost adapters such as that in that past for whatever device including me. Specially since you have to unplug the adapter when its charging, if you dont remember to put it in a good place, you can lose it. Both phones are the best there is in the respective platforms while costing basically the same. Iphone 7 certainly edges out in some things such as horsepower but the Galaxy S7 edges out in almost everything else. OS is a preference thing but no one can deny Apple does get a check mark on updates/support.

At the end of the day, the lack of a headphone jack is a big deal for most people because Apple did not provide a better alternative. Iphones are great phones, there is no denying that but where Samsung created something that truly shines in their 7th Galaxy S itteration (Note that I said Galaxy S and not Note), while Apple imo, goofed. If they simply kept the headphone jack, it would have been a home run.

I really wish there was a better way to have a discussion in vgc. 

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Lawlight said:
Johnw1104 said:

Is it? I've been on all 4 generations of iPhone since 3GS and never felt like the home button was one to break. In any case I'll skip the 7th generation altogether.

I had a couple experiences with the home button. With one it just became jammed and another fell into a puddle, and once it dried out everything worked again with the exception of the home button.

Personally, though I really like this phone, I suspect it might be my last iPhone. Samsung and those Chinese phones are coming on strong with lower manufacturing costs (especially the Chinese ones), and with the EU playing politics and throwing everything they have at Apple to cut down on tax evasion in Ireland despite the wishes of Ireland itself, the US doing the same (I'm not sure if Clinton would given she's been an architect of multiple free trade agreements but Trump says he would), and complaints about unreasonable working conditions abroad trending seemingly every few weeks, I just don't think they'll be able to keep pace in the long term. Those Chinese companies have every advantage under the sun working in their favor including a government that is actively supporting their rise, and it's only a matter of time before they have the best deals in my mind.

How is the battery life of iPhone 7 when using the wireless headphones? If I heard correctly, it uses bluetooth connection? Doesn't that make your phone battery life decrease faster every time you use it?

Captain_Yuri said:
Johnw1104 said:

"I don't understand why people show this as a way to show has fast a certain phone is over another. Ram Management really doesn't show how powerful a phone is. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying Galaxy S7 is more powerful than the iphone 7 cause it isn't but there are far better ways to show that. Ram management is dependent on how the OS is configured as far as how much they allow before closing them. If you want to show power, you should show the benchmarks which iphone 7 still beats but those are a much better way to show it. Also the other issue is that most people just use the US varient of the Galaxy S7 and not the international varient. The international one which every country except the US use has Samsung's Exynos CPU."

This is actually rather interesting to me as on paper the Samsung really ought to be far closer in performance to the iPhone 7 than it is (some predicted it would outperform it prior to release)... I suspect it's a result of Apple's OS being designed specifically to take advantage of the hardware, much like Nintendo always seems to get the most out of their own consoles.

Basically, the raw power of both phones is actually much closer, but when it comes to actual everyday performance (such as opening and switching apps) the iPhone 7 pulls away.

"Apple didn't raise the bar with their cameras with the iphone 7. They still have to catch up to Samsung's Galaxy S7 Camera. (With the exception of the Zoom)"

This is one that really surprises me. The first thing I did when I got the iPhone 7 is test out the camera, and it seemed to  me to be clearly the best camera yet produced on the market with features you'll only find in it. When I checked just now, though, that's very much up in the air, with many saying the Samsung's variant is superior.

There's a couple of areas the iPhone 7 definitely outshines the Samsung. First, obviously, is the zoom, which is a first of its kind and something I've been waiting ages for. Another advantage of the telephoto lens is that images more closely reflect what the human eyes see, which makes for better portraits and such in good lighting. Finally, the iPhone 7 is better at adjusting on the fly.

What do you mean by it is better at adjusting on the fly? The focus on the Galaxy S7 is better and the iphone 7's camera makes more mistakes.

Meanwhile, the Galaxy 7 appears to have slightly better contrast. It also makes less errors, as the iPhone 7 often overexposes the sky while attempting to focus in on passing people and faces, something it also does at times when focusing on something close (the Galaxy 7 has superior dynamic range). The one clear advantage, though, is in low lighting settings such as night, where the Galaxy 7 is still well ahead of the iPhone 7. Really, the iPhone has been beyond terrible at dark photos from its inception and this is the first model I've seen that has improved said pictures tremendously, but they still lag noticeably behind the Galaxy 7.

Otherwise, for the most part the two cameras are often indistinguishable from one another. I think it comes down to what is more important for you: Zoom capabilities and cleaner portraits, or sharper colors, contrast, and superior low-lighting pictures. 

"Thats the Note 7, Not the Galaxy S7. If you are going to take shots, take them properly. Oh and that is being recalled and being fixed, guess what won't be fixed though... The lack of a headphone jack for the entire life of the device."

It was merely an attempt at levity. Of course, it's not only the Note 7 that has exploded (at the very least so has the Galaxy 7 Edge), which is likely why Samsung is dropping their affiliate and moving on to entirely new batteries for all of their phones.

Well the Edge hasn't exactly had the same problem as the Note 7. We don't know if it actually does or if the dude suing did something to make it explode. Considering the Edge has been out for 6 months and that one seemingly exploded during the Note 7 recall seems suspecious at best. Its not like iphones don't have issues either.

http://ifixit.org/blog/8309/iphone-6-plus-gray-flicker-touch-death/

"
But the iphone 7 is more of an inconvience on a day to day usage than a Galaxy S7... Yes it is more powerful but to most people, it won't matter very often. There is hardly going to be any games that will use that power because most devs want to be on as many devices as possible. The taptic engine is more contraversial than anything since some people love it while others hate it. I do like the dual speakers and Apple's software updates are a given. Where as we look at what the Galaxy S7 brought us, people will use its features a lot more on a day to day usage. It has wireless charging which a ton of new affordable cars have and are getting as well as coffee shops like starbucks has them. It has a better camera which people use frequently. It has micro SD so people can watch their HD prawn anytime and you can also move apps to there. The screen resolution is better but it is also AmoLED which means that the pixels turn off when producing black colors which = battery saving. You can also use it for VR with the Galaxy VR. And of course, it has a headphone jack so you don't have to worry about the inconvicence of the adapter and etc."

I'll simply have to disagree with you on which is more of an inconvenience for day-to-day usage. Really, if Apple has nailed one thing with their hardware and OS its convenience, from its layout to constant updates (annoying though they may be) to many features like Itunes, iCloud, Apple Pay and so forth. From day one they've designed their products with the layman in mind. Any "controversy" surrounding the Taptic Engine is, in my mind, little more than all those people who initially hated losing the tactile buttons for dialing when the move was first made to smartphones; there's really no reason to dislike it and people will soon grow accustomed to it.

Yea but all of that is just a preference thing. I for example, like having a wallpaper that isn't covered by icons. Samsung has monthly security updates and they do push OTA updates if it is an emergancy like with the Note 7. Their OS upgrades aren't nearly as fast as Apple's but thats not an issue for most people, specially since its similar with every Android phone. However, things like the removable of the headphone jack is a day to day issue hence the outcry. 

Otherwise, you speak of the "wireless charging" that many "new affordable" cars have, and that's definitely a cool feature. Those same cars are also being produced with USB ports (most have them these days) which, mind you, will allow the iPhone 7 to simultaneously charge and play music (as will any car with Bluetooth equipped). I imagine both will be perfectly fine going forward.

Yea they do but the Galaxy S7 is more convient because you don't have to fiddle around with the charger. Oh and guess what, having wireless charging also means that the charging port will get used less which will increase its life comparatively.

As I already stated above, the iPhone 7 camera is excellent, matches or just barely trails the Samsung in just about all ways short of night time photos, and has the first quality zoom on a mobile smartphone and takes better, more realistic looking portraits. It's definitely a matter of preference, but Samsung's camera is not simply "better".

Have you seen the link? The Galaxy S7 produces better pictures more frequently than the iphone 7 Camera and it focuses a ton faster and more accurately. I don't see how it is not better if you are able to consistantly take better pictures. Yea zoom/portraits but if you looked at the link and the concenses of the internet shows that the S7 is certainly better. You said so yourself that many said that Samsung's one is superior so I doubt it comes down to a preference thing. Winning in a couple of areas while losing in all the rest =/= up in the air.

The only real area I agree with is the Micro SD thing but, as we're talking about average people here, I can't imagine many will ever need to worry about that storage maximum. Even if they do, the iCloud is more affordable than it previously was ($36 gets you a year of 200gb of additional memory), and it automatically backs up everything on your phone in case the phone is lost (another convenience). If you don't feel like spending any money, you can just do the smart thing and simply dump a lot of your photos onto a computer... I still don't get why that's such a big deal for people; I doubt many people are relying on a tiny screen for their "HD prawn" lol

But Samsung has microsd as well as Google services that does the exact same things as iCloud. Heck, Google Photos allows you to backup unlimited amounts of pictures provided you agree to let them be compressed.

Samsung's does indeed have higher resolution, but at this size it's not the enormous difference that might be more apparent were they larger. Indeed, I doubt any average iPhone 7 user will feel like they're missing out as the screen still looks pretty darn great. From what I've seen the battery life of both phones are rather similar.

It is important for VR though. The screen on the S7 is also brighter since iphone 7 is 705 nits vs 855 nits and Note 7's 1000nits.

I'll admit I hadn't even thought of VR as I've been setting up my PC for the Vive, but google informs me that there's some good options for it such as the Homido. Interestingly, google also suggests that Apple is clearly pursuing VR themselves, something I had no idea about (though I doubt they'll use the iPhone 7). If a person really wants to try VR but doesn't feel like buying the PS4 or an Oculus/Vive etc, then the Samsung Galaxy 7 is probably the way to go, but there's definitely options on the iPhone 7 as well.

They might be but on iphone 7, considering how important ppi and screen resolution is, the experience will be worse.

Really, I just don't think an adapter for an audio jack suddenly causes this thing to be exceedingly inconvenient. Really, I've found it to be a joy since I got it, and the few people I know who also got it love theirs as well.

Its fine that you do but it many don't hence the outcry. People have lost adapters such as that in that past for whatever device including me. Specially since you have to unplug the adapter when its charging, if you dont remember to put it in a good place, you can lose it. Both phones are the best there is in the respective platforms while costing basically the same. Iphone 7 certainly edges out in some things such as horsepower but the Galaxy S7 edges out in almost everything else. OS is a preference thing but no one can deny Apple does get a check mark on updates/support.

At the end of the day, the lack of a headphone jack is a big deal for most people because Apple did not provide a better alternative. Iphones are great phones, there is no denying that but where Samsung created something that truly shines in their 7th Galaxy S itteration (Note that I said Galaxy S and not Note), while Apple imo, goofed. If they simply kept the headphone jack, it would have been a home run.

I really wish there was a better way to have a discussion in vgc. 

I'll be brief this time around lol

Again, I feel we've both pointed out plenty of areas in which one is superior to the other but Samsung's Galaxy 7 is not superior in "most ways" (just review our list, there was a lot more than merely speed and the OS/Support that favored the iPhone 7). It really boils down to which features you prefer.

As for the camera, I prefer the iPhone 7's precisely because the two things that mean the most to me are portraits and some zoom capabilities which it happens to be very good at. When compared with slightly better contrast/sharper colors and much better low-lighting photos, I'd have to choose the former. Yet again, a matter of preference.

Personally, I don't think an audio jack would qualify this as a "home run". In fact, as much as I like this phone there's two major deficincies that I'm irritated they did nothing about and the Samsung Galaxy 7 does very well: The screen's resolution, which still looks great to me, really should be much improved by now, and while they improved night photos with the camera it still remains the iPhone's biggest weakness, despite endless complaints for a decade running now.

If they'd fixed those I'd be over the moon about the phone, and they're bizarre oversights in my opinion that really wouldn't have cost too much to fix... resolution like  the Galaxy 7's is not nearly as expensive to provide as it used to be, and they need to get on the ball with that one. I honestly wonder if they left those two out simply so they could turn around and offer said obvious upgrades for their mid-gen model in a year or so (I wouldn't put it past Apple).

Otherwise, I'm not arguing that the Samsung would be the better choice for VR given they make their own headset and have superior resolution and a slightly brighter screen. I'm actually curious if VR even factors into people's decisions, as at the very least it probably will in the coming years.

For me, the speed, touch options, great speakers, OS & Support, new long-awaited camera features, switch to an aluminum casing, Apple Pay, iTunes,  web browsing and so forth of the iPhone 7 are preferable over the better screen, audio jack, micro-sd compatible, sharper contrast/colors and low lighting camera, wireless charger, better VR etc of the Galaxy 7. There's a couple features of the Galaxy 7 that I'd love the iPhone 7 to have, but overall I prefer Apple's product.

t3mporary_126 said:
How is the battery life of iPhone 7 when using the wireless headphones? If I heard correctly, it uses bluetooth connection? Doesn't that make your phone battery life decrease faster every time you use it?

I'll have to pay attention next time. Overall I've found the battery life of the iPhone 7 is far better than their past models, and I've not yet found myself worrying about it dying before I get home.