By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Which gaming review site do you trust the least?

Polygon is ridiculous.

Jim Sterling used to be terrible.

I did like Eurogamer but then I read a review where the author preached against the people who were oppressed being disrespectful toward the people who had invaded them. Like, there was no problem with the oppressed fighting back, shooting, and blowing up the invaders but then they started calling them derogative names and it was crossing the line!

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Polygon is ridiculous.

I did like Eurogamer but then I read a review where the author preached against the people who were oppressed being disrespectful toward the people who had invaded them. Like, there was no problem with the oppressed fighting back, shooting, and blowing up the invaders but then they started calling them derogative names and it was crossing the line!

So calling other people ugly names was what crossed the line for him after all that violence?

What game was it that was reviewed?

All of them. Reviews would never sway me to get or not get a game.

Giantbomb,Kotaku, and Polygon

I don't typically look at reviews. I just youtube some gameplay videos. If someone is trying to "sell" it to me, I'll even turn the volume off. If I like it, I'll get it. If not, then I won't.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

I don't know where the hate for Kotaku is coming from, they don't even give a numbered score or recommendation. Just a list of good and bad with a detailed bit of personal experience.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

No one, I only trust in my personal reviews! Maybe and just MAYBE Eurogamer with digital foundry in the tech review!

In Sony We Trust!

Slimebeast said:
pokoko said:
Polygon is ridiculous.

So calling other people ugly names was what crossed the line for him after all that violence?

What game was it that was reviewed?

Homefront: The Revolution.  He complained about it a few times.  I guess he would be much more respectful if his country was invaded.  It just made me laugh.

"Your North Korean adversaries in Homefront: The Revolution are referred to as Norks. Given the more common colloquial use of that particular term, it'd be funny if it weren't so unpleasant: in Homefront: The Revolution the word Norks is used solely to refer to people from North Korea in a pejorative fashion, which is the very definition of a racial slur. I must have heard the word Norks hundreds of times during my playthrough and every instance was more painful than the last."  http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-17-homefront-the-revolution-review

Lol Polygon seem to not actually like games at all and give bad reviews based on "one of the characters said something sexist"

Quarter to Three (worst by a mile),IGN,Polygon,GamesRadar+,Gamecritics