By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Could Nintendo Improve Upon SMG

Miyamoto has expressed interest in doing another SMG (I would link but I'm really tired atm). If he did would it be on Wii or Wii's successor? Also want would you like changed/improved/expanded/altered for the hyperthetical SMG 2?

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network

A future Mario Galaxy would most likely move forward with the concept to integrate it with large, more open worlds. That was the main complaint (not that you can legally complain about this game).

It makes a lot of sense. the first Galaxy was focused on the concept. And now that we're familliar with the concept we can see it worked in to the more traditional, free roaming mario approach.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

The only thing I would add is a Mario vs. Luigi-esque (from NSMB) multiplayer mode.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Maybe add some more camera control and less linear levels.

And while SMG had gorgeus graphics, the Wii can handle more. The sequal should look better.

I would put some sort of Multiplayer in(not the co-op thing)... maybe just a mini games mode where you can do like the race level against a friend or something...

Stof- I am hoping they keep mario with the pure platformer feel, and Make DK:Wii the Platform/Adventure Style game(SMS)... besides DK has always had a more adventure feel to him... mario has always(except SMS) been all about the platforming.... HOWEVER- I would make the overworld more adventureous.... I think it would have been cool to find a hidden cove with a few galaxies in them(think Banjo Kazooie style)

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

I agree with bigger worlds. You never felt like you were exploring - nothing in Galaxy was at all analogous to the first level of Mario 64. The spheres thing is very cool, but sandboxes are too.

Also, I was hugely annoyed at the flying cap in the game. It's almost like they're taunting you with it - you can't actually use it in any of the levels that you'd actually like to use it in.

Also, a bit less recycling of bosses and stages.

I would like them to expand on the whole Galaxy idea, refine the level design and controls ( I found the Ray surfing and the section where your atop a ball and have to roll it around quite frustrating) and give more control over the camera.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

Bigger overworld (hub) and more things to do in it,
extra things to collect in levels besides stars that can be used to unlock bonus material (not to unlock stars, because that sucked with 30 bluecoins -> 1 star in SMS)
I agree with GotchayeA that the flying cap, although easily the coolest in the game was almost useless as it wasn't even needed, or available to use, for any star other than the one to unlock it

oh and, no timelimit on fire flower/ice flower, but until you get hit

DK will have the larger worlds... leave Mario ALONE!!! : )

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Better and permanent (until hit) powerups.

Actually, if you looked at a past thread about super mario galaxy you would see all of my complaints about the game. It's still probably my favorite Wii game, although No More Heroes was also very enjoyable despite its many problems.