By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Pro games list: Every title getting a 4K update

Ruler said:
Man why no Bloodborne?

Yeah, disappointed about that. Even if it was just 60fps i'd be happy.

Around the Network

Why isn't Skrim on the list? I fought they would add 4K support to Skrim remastered. I could swear I saw that somewhere.

Either way it's already an impressive list of games.

So, considering Sony's recent comments, do we know whether it's native 4k or upscaled 4k aka not-so-4k?

Slimebeast said:

Why isn't Skrim on the list? I fought they would add 4K support to Skrim remastered. I could swear I saw that somewhere.

I thought so too, but when I google'd it much earlier, I couldn't find anything. I don't know what's up with that.

Zkuq said:

So, considering Sony's recent comments, do we know whether it's native 4k or upscaled 4k aka not-so-4k?

Slimebeast said:

I thought so too, but when I google'd it much earlier, I couldn't find anything. I don't know what's up with that.

Native 4K is virtually impossible if you wish to have a decent framerate.

Zkuq said:

Slimebeast said:

TLOU, TESO and something called Mantis Burn Racing are confirmed native 4K and not "upscaled 4K aka not-so-4K"

If other games offer the option they'll likely announce it.  

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Zkuq said:

Native 4K is virtually impossible if you wish to have a decent framerate.

I know (regarding PS4 Pro, obviously, because it's possible on PC). Another case of consumers buying the marketing speeches it is, then.

Lrdfancypants said:
Zkuq said:

TLOU, TESO and something called Mantis Burn Racing are confirmed native 4K and not "upscaled 4K aka not-so-4K"

Thanks! This is actually more helpful. It would be even more helpful to separate native 4k and upscaled 4 in the lists, because it ought to make a huge difference and I don't see any big benefits to having upscaled 4k over the native (non-4k-)resolution.

Zkuq said:
Lrdfancypants said:

Thanks! This is actually more helpful. It would be even more helpful to separate native 4k and upscaled 4 in the lists, because it ought to make a huge difference and I don't see any big benefits to having upscaled 4k over the native (non-4k-)resolution.

The power of Google. 

I assume the developers will make a bigger deal of their games hitting native 4K than Sony and some might not know whether it can be achieved with acceptable frame rates as of yet since we are still a ways off. I'm sure the distinctions will come as I've see an article testing native 4K on games running similar hardware for PC compared to ps4 pro and surprisingly 4 out of 5 were capable, if I remember right. 

Gamespot did the testing if you're interested in possible games that might end up being native 4K. 

Edit:  I agree separating native vs upscaled would be nice but in all honesty I'd temper expectations, if you truly have them, for native 4K on older games.  The resources needed might not out weigh the benefits vs just upscaling the older games.  As new games release I'd think we'd have a better idea of its capabilities. 

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

I wonder if the Indie devs will bump up a lot of their games to native 4k, since most are a lot less resource-intensive than the games that cost tens of millions to make. 

Zkuq said:
Lrdfancypants said:

The difference is that you will get 1440p upscaled to 4K which will look a hell of a lot better than 1080p upscaled to 4K. However with a good upscaler even 1080p sources will look better on a good 4K screen. The 1440p upscaled will just look that much nicer.