By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Pro games list: Every title getting a 4K update

Lrdfancypants said:
Zkuq said:

Thanks! This is actually more helpful. It would be even more helpful to separate native 4k and upscaled 4 in the lists, because it ought to make a huge difference and I don't see any big benefits to having upscaled 4k over the native (non-4k-)resolution.

The power of Google. 

I assume the developers will make a bigger deal of their games hitting native 4K than Sony and some might not know whether it can be achieved with acceptable frame rates as of yet since we are still a ways off. I'm sure the distinctions will come as I've see an article testing native 4K on games running similar hardware for PC compared to ps4 pro and surprisingly 4 out of 5 were capable, if I remember right. 

Gamespot did the testing if you're interested in possible games that might end up being native 4K. 

Edit:  I agree separating native vs upscaled would be nice but in all honesty I'd temper expectations, if you truly have them, for native 4K on older games.  The resources needed might not out weigh the benefits vs just upscaling the older games.  As new games release I'd think we'd have a better idea of its capabilities. 

I know about Google, thank you. :P I just personally find a list like this practically useless if it doesn't list native 4k. Ideally, there'd be a list of games by their native resolution. There's probably a list for games and their resolutions (there was and probably still is for 7th gen games), but this is obviously not it. I don't personally even have much interest in 4k (I think it's a waste of resources and that those resources could be used better), but lists like this are misleading in my opinion.

Raistline said:
Zkuq said:

Thanks! This is actually more helpful. It would be even more helpful to separate native 4k and upscaled 4 in the lists, because it ought to make a huge difference and I don't see any big benefits to having upscaled 4k over the native (non-4k-)resolution.

The difference is that you will get 1440p upscaled to 4K which will look a hell of a lot better than 1080p upscaled to 4K. However with a good upscaler even 1080p sources will look better on a good 4K screen. The 1440p upscaled will just look that much nicer.

Then it should be called 1440p and not 4k. Obviously it's better than 1080p, but it's still much worse than native 4k.

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
Lrdfancypants said:

The power of Google. 

I assume the developers will make a bigger deal of their games hitting native 4K than Sony and some might not know whether it can be achieved with acceptable frame rates as of yet since we are still a ways off. I'm sure the distinctions will come as I've see an article testing native 4K on games running similar hardware for PC compared to ps4 pro and surprisingly 4 out of 5 were capable, if I remember right. 

Gamespot did the testing if you're interested in possible games that might end up being native 4K. 

Edit:  I agree separating native vs upscaled would be nice but in all honesty I'd temper expectations, if you truly have them, for native 4K on older games.  The resources needed might not out weigh the benefits vs just upscaling the older games.  As new games release I'd think we'd have a better idea of its capabilities. 

I know about Google, thank you. :P I just personally find a list like this practically useless if it doesn't list native 4k. Ideally, there'd be a list of games by their native resolution. There's probably a list for games and their resolutions (there was and probably still is for 7th gen games), but this is obviously not it. I don't personally even have much interest in 4k (I think it's a waste of resources and that those resources could be used better), but lists like this are misleading in my opinion.

Raistline said:

The difference is that you will get 1440p upscaled to 4K which will look a hell of a lot better than 1080p upscaled to 4K. However with a good upscaler even 1080p sources will look better on a good 4K screen. The 1440p upscaled will just look that much nicer.

Then it should be called 1440p and not 4k. Obviously it's better than 1080p, but it's still much worse than native 4k.

I didn't mean you were unaware of Google.  I was just pointing out where I got it and whom to blame if incorrect. :p

Like I said as the games and system get closer to launch you'll likely see the lists either by the devs or fans, wanting to tout native 4K, or detractors, wanting to point out lack of native 4K. 

Either way I'm sure you'll get what you're seeking, it's probably just a tad early for comprehensive breakdowns. 

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Zkuq said:
Lawlight said:

Native 4K is virtually impossible if you wish to have a decent framerate.

I know (regarding PS4 Pro, obviously, because it's possible on PC). Another case of consumers buying the marketing speeches it is, then.

I'm sure if you're willing to pay $1,000 for a GPU, you could get native 4k games running at 30fps on PC.

FIT_Gamer said:
Ruler said:
Man why no Bloodborne?

Yeah, disappointed about that. Even if it was just 60fps i'd be happy.

Bloodborne at 60 fps would force me to upgrade to pro.  I hope they are at least considering it.

Lawlight said:
Zkuq said:

I know (regarding PS4 Pro, obviously, because it's possible on PC). Another case of consumers buying the marketing speeches it is, then.

I'm sure if you're willing to pay $1,000 for a GPU, you could get native 4k games running at 30fps on PC.

1 x GTX 1080 should be enough for most games, at full or near full settings.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Zkuq said:

How come ignorance like this is so common? JRPGfan posted you a nice chart for a GPU that costs significantly less than $1000, and in most games, it actually performs much better at 4k. If you settle for 30 FPS like you suggested, you can get perfectly sufficient 4k performance for a lot of games for less than $500 in the form of a GTX 1070. It's still not exactly cheap, but you suggested it's virtually impossible when in reality it's actually more or less affordable.

JRPGfan said:
Lawlight said:

1 x GTX 1080 should be enough for most games, at full or near full settings.

Average of 33 with drops to 25fps. Granted it's only a $750 - $1,100 in Australia.

mtu9356 said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Yeah, disappointed about that. Even if it was just 60fps i'd be happy.

Bloodborne at 60 fps would force me to upgrade to pro.  I hope they are at least considering it.

I'm getting the Pro regardless. Would be nice if they do it at some point. Bloodborne is still my favorite game this generation.