By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 4th - 11th September 2016

RolStoppable said:
Wii U is dominating the Japanese home console market, outselling both of its competitors combined 4:1.

Not only that LTD sales Wii U > PS4 + XB1. 

It's the true king of Japan home console.

software: Tokyo xanadu will hit over 150k PS4 + Vita.  Probably a good bit over considering digital. 

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
Acevil said:
Krenick, what ya think next week is going to be?

Not a clue.  At least 70k+, because Vita reached 60k+ after price cut.

I think at 70,000 the loss in revenue and margins during the previous week would not be as worth it. I'm hoping for 100,000 and 40,000 the following week to be good/great numbers. (Oh, by the way, not to cause confusion, I know you said above 70,000, not 70,000 on the dot)

Comparative to the ps3 150,000 of the it went to 50,000 for two weeks and 40,000 the fourthweek. Eventually I think settling around 30,000 in like the 8th week for most of the fall until Final Fantasy XIII launch. (Actually it starts getting boosts again in Novemeber and December, before launch of Final Fantasy 13)

The thing working for the ps4 is that ps4 has better game than the ps3 during slim launch. The thing working in ps3 favor, was that this was sort of relaunch (reestablishment) after the console was doing pretty lacking, thanks to Microsoft's efforts at trying to nab Japanese IPs. This is also when the ps3 took off in Japan. 

Also looking at the charts in 2009, makes me notice again, god everything is so much horrible now. We use to have 4 consoles/platforms/devices reaching above 40,000 some weeks. 

tag

130k-150k is my prediction for next week

I want to see how the PS4 HW boost effects the SW charts. GTA V should be up, maybe Witcher 3 if there's enough stock, Minecraft, who knows what will show up?

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Around the Network

Thats some fierce competition betwenn the PS4 and XOne!And as should be, Wii U dominating the market.

Next week will be interesting to see.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Ryng_Tolu said:
konnichiwa said:
Next week could be +200K Didn't the PS3 slim did great?

PS3 Slim sold 150k first week.

I think PS4 could be over 100k but i would be very surprised if will do more than what PS3 slim sold at launch. 200k seem almost impossible.

Can you make a prediction thread for next week PS4 sales in Japan? 

Ryng_Tolu said:
TheGamer95 said:

That's what i call a PS4 shortage!

Edit: PS4 sales should explode next week, thinking of a 5000 - 10000% increase.

5000% increase would be horrible bad (28.5k), and even 10,000% increase would be very disappoint (56k).

I think we will see something in the between of 70-120k, so 12,500% to 22,000%.

Next week we have PS4 Slim and Persona 5. But I think that the PS3 slim had FFXIII as the launch tittle.

Swordmasterman said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

5000% increase would be horrible bad (28.5k), and even 10,000% increase would be very disappoint (56k).

I think we will see something in the between of 70-120k, so 12,500% to 22,000%.

Next week we have PS4 Slim and Persona 5. But I think that the PS3 slim had FFXIII as the launch tittle.

Nope, just a gundam game. 

PS3 number on Final Fantasy 13 which was about three months later "237.086".

Acevil said:
Swordmasterman said:

Nope, just a gundam game. 

PS3 number on Final Fantasy 13 which was about three months later "237.086".

So,  was  Final Fantasy XIII  enought to move more units than PS3 Slim's launch ?