By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Nintendo NX Seems Like It's On Track For A Delay?

Tagged games:

Forbes report: Nintendo NX DELAY!

Just kill me already Nintendo. 41 27.52%

Oh! The pain! The pain!!! 20 13.42%

DonĀ“t care. 62 41.61%

I love waiting. 26 17.45%

Total:149

I actually think a December reveal would be great. The industry is a lot slower then, all the big games will be out and Nintendo's brand awareness will likely be riding on the mega high of Mario run.

They can show off a whole years worth of games at the reveal versus having 2 seperate events and squash people's concerns regarding software support. Pre-orders and Marketing come into effect immediately.

Around the Network
teigaga said:

Nothing to see here.

Regarding Nintendo's silence, they announced the March release date the same time they announced it won't be at E3. A pre September reveal was never really on cards otherwise they would have just gone to E3. The system is missing the holidays so they could announce it December and it wouldn't make a difference. 

Good post, but from some reason people dont see that, moment they said NX is not on E3 and said March i release date, I immediately expected September-October revile.

November-December are not good months for revile because it not good revile product in holiday season that can be buyed that some season.

You know, in this other thread where the author is doing a prediction game of when the NX is finally announced, I put Christmas Eve as a joke, but with Super Mario Run coming out in December and Mario + Mobile = $$$$$$$$$... that December reveal actually sounds like a smart strategy....which would mean 3 more months of speculation, threads, articles, leaks, and rumors...... AAAAAHHHHHH-(PAOerfulone is having a mental breakdown at this time, please excuse his absence.)

PAOerfulone said:

You know, in this other thread where the author is doing a prediction game of when the NX is finally announced, I put Christmas Eve as a joke, but with Super Mario Run coming out in December and Mario + Mobile = $$$$$$$$$... that December reveal actually sounds like a smart strategy....which would mean 3 more months of speculation, threads, articles, leaks, and rumors...... AAAAAHHHHHH-(PAOerfulone is having a mental breakdown at this time, please excuse his absence.)

A lot of people are saying december. Nintendo will drive us all insane, they just do not get it how important they are to gamers. They are not Hyunday announcing a new car or something, they mean so much more to all gamers.

I know, I know, it is their prerrogative, but, man, a new console, from Nintendo, it is a big deal, it should be. They are Nintendo, for now...

Sega was once Sega... But they are now gone...

I wonder if they are not afraid of another failure or something. I bet Sega´s ghost haunts them, a constant warning of what can happens when a mistep is taken...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

This is not a confirmation that NX is delayed. This is just pure speculation.

Nothing news worthy. Move along!

Around the Network

I'd be surprised if it didn't launch march/april, and very very disapointed... or even angry.

Been waiting far too long for them to finally show the NX to then delay it's release substantially as well.

WagnerPaiva said:
PAOerfulone said:

A lot of people are saying december. Nintendo will drive us all insane, they just do not get it how important they are to gamers. They are not Hyunday announcing a new car or something, they mean so much more to all gamers.

I know, I know, it is their prerrogative, but, man, a new console, from Nintendo, it is a big deal, it should be. They are Nintendo, for now...

Sega was once Sega... But they are now gone...

I wonder if they are not afraid of another failure or something. I bet Sega´s ghost haunts them, a constant warning of what can happens when a mistep is taken...

Happy place... I'm in my happy place... I'm in my Happy Place... (Breath. Exhale.)

They're in a tight spot for sure given the Wii U's position, but I don't think they're in as much trouble as the general public says they are, and they're certainly nowhere NEAR the position SEGA was in. It's not THAT bad.
I mean, the 3DS is still selling respectfully well, consistently above the Xbox One weekly at the moment, that may change for a bit once the weeks where the Slim models released are posted, but ever since Pokemon GO came out, the 3DS has been sitting comfortably in 2nd place..
And last generation they had, hands down, the most successful and profitable console generation out of any video game company in history. 
And while I understand that their entrane in the Mobile Gaming market causes a great deal of concern for some people, after seeing the boost Pokemon GO did for the 3DS and its Pokemon games, I don't think we have anything to worry about at this moment. 

what a nonsense article

since when do supposedly respectable sites like Forbes write long articles on pure speculation base on 'something not being announced'. I suppose Fallout 4 was never going to come out simply because Bethesda chose to wait until a few months before to announce it? 

This thread is pointless and that article is pointless. Reporting on an announcement not happening is not news. if it were October or beyond and the thing hadn't been announced then I'd get it, but we're talking about a date that's half a year away

Personal Blog?

PAOerfulone said:

Revealing new platform in holiday season and fact that platform can be buyed that holiday season, doesnt make any sense, so it's highly unlikely that NX will be revealed in November-October, higher chances are for January than November-December, but IMO end of September or October is time when NX will be revealed.

mountaindewslave said:

what a nonsense article

since when do supposedly respectable sites like Forbes write long articles on pure speculation base on 'something not being announced'. I suppose Fallout 4 was never going to come out simply because Bethesda chose to wait until a few months before to announce it? 

This thread is pointless and that article is pointless. Reporting on an announcement not happening is not news. if it were October or beyond and the thing hadn't been announced then I'd get it, but we're talking about a date that's half a year away

Totaly agree.