By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - I'm happy Suicide Squad is lagging behind BvS

Real question: Why do people watch these garbage movies?
they are all the same, good guy wins the end. They are milking these super hero movies so hard how many have came out this year like 100?
It's outrageous every week a new one is out and they are all the exact same

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network

I thought Suicide Squad was pretty decent. Faaarrr superior to BvS's Hot Garbage.
And given that BvS had the higher budget and the no. 1 and no. 2 most popular comic book characters respectively as the main characters, I think Suicide Squad did great on really great on its own merits.

I'm happy that BvS is lagging behind the original two Superman movies when adjusted for inflation. Hated that movie.

toot1231 said:
Real question: Why do people watch these garbage movies?
they are all the same, good guy wins the end. They are milking these super hero movies so hard how many have came out this year like 100?
It's outrageous every week a new one is out and they are all the exact same

I honestly feel the same way, Im sick and tired of all these super hero movies.

I cant even remember the last time I saw a romantic comedy, or a serious film... something non-action or super hero ish.

Too many hollywoods movies with focus on special effects & explosions, instead of substance.

Its why Im actually looking forwards to seeing tom hanks in Sully.

Tom Hanks is a awesome actor, so is Aaron Eckhart. Movie has got to be good.

Wow. It made that much?

I've never heard of the term "Suicide Squad" before seeing the movie's trailer, and I am not alone, I knew who the joker was though.

After it was crushed by the critics, I expected a flop.

Around the Network

Watched the extended version of BvS yesterday...it was 3 hours of pure torture.

One of my friend that loves the movie really wanted to watch it with me and another friend that hasn't seen it before. My friend that hasn't seen it was bored as hell, he kept asking how long the movie was. It was so bad for him that we had to take an intermission break inbetween lol.

NightDragon83 said:

I'm happy SS did as well as it did at the box office after getting destroyed in the press by the same so-called professional "critics" who also gave glowing reviews to the Ghostbusters she-boot in order to try to prop up its box office fortunes (76% RT score, what a joke).

Because God forbid a high profile movie with an all-female lead cast flops at the box office. I guess nobody remembers the awful Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle. Luckily moviegoers weren't buying it, and the film cost Sony and its agenda-driven execs a boatload of money in the red.

I'm happy that SS did as well as it did, considering how crappy sweet potato fries really are.  White potatoes already have a suble sweetness that is more than suffieient.  Sweet potatoes overwhelm the saltiness of french fries, and the color is frankly appaling.

.... what?  We were all going on unrelated rants, right?

For the record Suicide Squad has passed BvS in Australia and is only $500,000 behind CW. It passed The Jungle Book and Zootopia as well.

SS already outgrossed half of the Marvel Cinematic Universe lol I think it did perfectly fine

Preston Scott

I would say SS has vastly outperformed reasonable expectations based on pre-release reviews, and has even somewhat outperformed expectations based on pre-review hype. I would have said $500 million would be a decent result for a movie with few true headline characters, and the Joker while well known among movie goers is not your traditional idea of a headline character to attract a big audience.

OTOH with BvS those are the two most recognised and beloved superhero characters in movies (possibly alongside Iron Man now, but that has only been recent). And that movie underperformed given that the 2 immediately previous Christian Bale outings are both the $1 billion club. The one thing BvS has going for it is that it's the highest grossing Superman movie of all time, significantly outgrossing MoS and Superman Returns.

Taking into account the $75 million lower production budget for SS, I would say everyone in the biz would call SS a better success than BvS.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix