By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon GO is now completely unplayable on jailbroken / outdated phones

Why do people jaibreak their phones? What is to be gained? I have a ASUS Zenphone Selfie and the thing does what you expect: calls, messages, pics, audiobooks, youtube... tons of apps, all free.
Why do you need a jailbreak? how much free stuff one needs?

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
Why do people jaibreak their phones? What is to be gained? I have a ASUS Zenphone Selfie and the thing does what you expect: calls, messages, pics, audiobooks, youtube... tons of apps, all free.

Because some game developer are too lazy to allow backups to your google account and the sae file goes into your system folder.

The only way to get your game saves from that folder is to root the phone and backup.

WagnerPaiva said:

Tell apple to allow us to have the wallpapers auto rotate. That's one reason people would do it.

It wasn't already completely unplayable? :P

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

edit: deleted

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:

normally just done to get rid of the shite bloatware that companies fill up phones with, applications you can't remove to make space but only have the option of disabling, on less powerful or devices with less storage there is a lot to be gained by rooting a phone and removing junk like painting apps or ebay/amazon dedicated apps to put actual applications you might use there yourself and use the browser instead to browse those sites.

Cheap phone hardware is subsidized by those apps being shipped with the phones though so yeah, companies obviously do not want them removed from the devices easily.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

WagnerPaiva said:

from what ive seen, Apple users are really the only ones who jailbreak their devices. (and by the way, thanks for pointing out that you use Asus. they are probably one of if not the best mobile supplier) android users can do it as well, but dont have as many reasons to. From the few people i have met who jailbroke their phones (Apple users), they did it to get live wallpapers, emulators, more options and settings, and other things that android can already do. from android users, the one that i have met used jailbreaking to generate false receipts on the Play Store in order to illegally purchase microtransactions. 

so take that however you want, but just remember that essentially Jailbreaking a phone alters the software and OS in order to get extra features, some of which are purely cosmetic, and some of which are illegal. and another good note is - if you dont understand the purpose of jailbreaking, then you probably dont have a reason to do it anyways

That's strange. My friend uses a jailbroken android, and her game still works.

Perhaps it's an attempt to stop people using setting/apps available on rooted/jail broken phones, which allow you to bypass the gps and report that the phone is in a different location an thus avoid the need to travel to find Pokemon and stuff.

Zkuq said:
Well that sucks. By the sounds of everything, Niantic is a pretty bad company. I understand they have a problem they need to solve, but this isn't exactly a good way to solve that problem.

This is good. If it can get rid of the cheaters, I might go back. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames