By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Niche" Japanese games will continue coming to Steam, says Xseed CEO

Glad to hear it. Hope they keep doing well enough so they keep coming.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Great for fans of those type of games.

Go ahead ! Go to Steam !

I wonder what they mean when they say that Little King's Story "hasn't sold particulary well", specially given that the game wasn't a blockbuster on Wii or Vita.

In any case, it¡s good news for PC gamers that will be able to play those games on their platform of choice, and for publishers because their potential market will also increase.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
I wonder what they mean when they say that Little King's Story "hasn't sold particulary well", specially given that the game wasn't a blockbuster on Wii or Vita.

In any case, it¡s good news for PC gamers that will be able to play those games on their platform of choice, and for publishers because their potential market will also increase.

Thats the scary part. I mean a niche Wii and Vita title sold better than the Steam release? I know that there is some time between releases, and the title is as niche as it gets, but still... Oh well, I guess porting probably costs peanuts.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Well, sounds good to me. It could be a nice 2nd base to pick up some nice niche Japanese games.... when I get the computer that can support them though...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

hunter_alien said:
JEMC said:

Thats the scary part. I mean a niche Wii and Vita title sold better than the Steam release? I know that there is some time between releases, and the title is as niche as it gets, but still... Oh well, I guess porting probably costs peanuts.

The PC port of Little King's Story is trash and borderline unplayable at times, and this is coming from someone who loves the original Wii title. 

In other news so it seems like almost all series except for Story of Seasons will hit Steam which is pretty interesting. 

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Gammalad said:
hunter_alien said:

The PC port of Little King's Story is trash and borderline unplayable at times, and this is coming from someone who loves the original Wii title. 

In other news so it seems like almost all series except for Story of Seasons will hit Steam which is pretty interesting. 

Oh, so thats why it got butchered by reviewers... to bad, I doubt that it should have been a hard port considering the age of the title.

hunter_alien said:
JEMC said:

As Gammalad has said, the PC port has had its problems at launch, though they're getting solved.

Plus, the game had little marketing or hype during the PC launch.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
hunter_alien said:

As Gammalad has said, the PC port has had its problems at launch, though they're getting solved.

Plus, the game had little marketing or hype during the PC launch.

+ we have to take intos consideration that most people who are potential customers for this game, probably already played one of the previous releases, so the low sales should not come as a shocker, if we think about it.