By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Anime recommendations for a beginner?

You only need Death Note.

Around the Network

Also, I guess I should have clarified that I meant beginners to anime, not beginners to Japanese. Another note is that as I'm a huge fan of video games I'm already familiar with some of these (like Sword Art Online, Steins;Gate, Pokemon and Digimon). I also am a little familiar with Death Note as when I studied in France for a few months the high school library had the first few manga, so I read a bit of that. How much different is the anime from the manga?

VGPolyglot said:
Also, I guess I should have clarified that I meant beginners to anime, not beginners to Japanese. Another note is that as I'm a huge fan of video games I'm already familiar with some of these (like Sword Art Online, Steins;Gate, Pokemon and Digimon). I also am a little familiar with Death Note as when I studied in France for a few months the high school library had the first few manga, so I read a bit of that. How much different is the anime from the manga?

I recommend the anime as it is definitely well done. However some things are changed, that may or may not disappoint you.

School Days.

Kaiji and Baki the Grappler(old but gold).

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Slarvax said:
For a beginner? I dont know what would fit that, but I'll give you some simple good ones.

One Punch Man
ToraDora
Digimon
Steins Gate (but this one has time travel and all sorts of science topics, so you probably wont understand without subs)

I am familiar with the game. I was planning on getting it for the PS3, but the price is still a bit high.

The game is definitely better than the anime, so I would recommend getting the game.

Anyways anime that you should watch are:
-One Punch Man
-Code Geass
-Deathnote
-Neon Genesis Evangelion
-Attack on Titan

They're all pretty short, easy to get into, and at least decently high quality, in my opinion, especially for a casual, beginner anime watcher.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

posting anime that wasn't listed yet...

GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka
ROD: Read or Die
Food Wars
Parasyte -the maxim-
Berserk
Clanad
Black Lagoon

Angel Beats
Madoka Magica
Nagi no Asukara
Hanasaku Iroha

though I'm not really sure what a beginner anime is anyways :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Natsume's book of friends
Re:zero

All the other good animes have been already mentioned.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Don't watch Neon Genesis Evangelion. I watched this shit again this week and I'm feeling even more depressed than usual.