By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Pro Digital Foundry [Exceded Expectations]

GribbleGrunger said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
the more i look into it, the more it doesnt seem worth it to me really over regular ps4

Even after all that glowing praise? But if it's not for you, it's not for you.

I've seen more glowing negativity towards it than praise really

Just the stuff I've been reading, for people who all ready own ps4's,it doesnt seem like a must have to me or something thats worth throwing another $400 down for if you all ready own a ps4, thats just my opinion and how i see it though

for instance myself personally , i have no interest in gettng a 4k tv anytime soon as I just have a 1080p tv and im fine with that, so id fall into that category of not benefiting very much from the PS4 Pro

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:

Just the stuff I've been reading, for people who all ready own ps4's,it doesnt seem like a must have to me or something thats worth throwing another $400 down for if you all ready own a ps4, thats just my opinion and how i see it though

That's perfect though. Those who have a PS4 and can't afford to buy a Pro are still satisfied and those that pushed preorders to #01 on Amazon clearly want to upgrade. It's a clear win for Sony and cleverly done.

it's a great time to be a gamer, no? And then you have the Scorpio at the end of next year which means the XB fans can play in 4K too. It's really good for the industry as a whole.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

That's perfect though. Those who have a PS4 and can't afford to buy a Pro are still satisfied and those that pushed preorders to #01 on Amazon clearly want to upgrade. It's a clear win for Sony and cleverly done.

I'm not saying its  a bad move, i was just sayng, an upgrade for everyone doesnt make sense, regardless of how much glowing praise it receives is all :O

PwerlvlAmy said:

I'm not saying its  a bad move, i was just sayng, an upgrade for everyone doesnt make sense, regardless of how much glowing praise it receives is all :O

No, of course not, but for those who do want to upgrade it's great. Those who don't want to upgrade are not likely to bother reading this article. There are also people that will read this just to put their minds to rest, and it has over at GAF for lots of people.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

No, of course not, but for those who do want to upgrade it's great.

yeah,which i stated lol. Those with 4k tvs

Around the Network

ive not got a 4k telly otherwise this is very tempting for me. thanks to sony people can game in 4k now even with added textures and upscaling i bet the games look amazing

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

PwerlvlAmy said:

And of course those with 1080p TVs too. Let's not forget the other advantages with the Pro. It's not just about the resolution, it's about extra effects, better shadows, better AA, better framerates etc. The Pro isn't just for those with 4K TVs.

The PS5 Exists. 

I have a library of 30+ PS4 games. This is a no-brainer. Pre-ordered.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

"But the key takeaway is this - while the PlayStation 4 Pro GPU lacks the horsepower to render out challenging content at native 4K, the presentation we've seen on a number of titles clearly shows a worthwhile, highly desirable increase in fidelity over 1080p - one that does put a 4K screen to good use. Switching between full HD and checkerboard 4K, the increase in detail is simply stunning. "

GribbleGrunger said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

And of course those with 1080p TVs too. Let's not forget the other advantages with the Pro. It's not just about the resolution, it's about extra effects, better shadows, better AA, better framerates etc. The Pro isn't just for those with 4K TVs.

ah i see, from the way people keep touting 4k, it seems like it was only beneficial to those