By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Amazing new PS3 tech demo

Radziel said:
For those who don't know how tech demo looks like

Thats not a tech demo, sorry... look for the early CryEngine2 videos, those are tech demos... 

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network
FJ-Warez said:

Thats not a tech demo, sorry... look for the early CryEngine2 videos, those are tech demos...

Why is it not a tech demo? It's certainly demoing some tech ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Radziel said:
For those who don't know how tech demo looks like

You might want to read up on that demo.  It's not really real time.

NJ5 said:
FJ-Warez said:

LOL, google it and you will find the real tech demos made by Crytek, that video is not real time, is using the engine? yes...

But is rendered frame by frame, print screen, saving the images, and then made a video with them...

By me:

ok, my mistake... i didn't realise it was rendered, thought it was in-game So one more time... tech demo from Crytec

(\__/)
( -'.'-)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Around the Network
FJ-Warez said:
NJ5 said:
FJ-Warez said:

LOL, google it and you will find the real tech demos made by Crytek, that video is not real time, is using the engine? yes...

But is rendered frame by frame, print screen, saving the images, and then made a video with them...

Even if it's not real-time, it's still a tech demo, although not a particularly impressive one then ;)

NJ5 said:
FJ-Warez said:
NJ5 said:
FJ-Warez said:

Even if it's not real-time, it's still a tech demo, although not a particularly impressive one then ;)

Ehhh, tech demos are real time:

"A technology demo is a prototype, rough example or an otherwise incomplete version of a product, put together with the primary purpose of showcasing the idea, performance, method or the features of the product."

By me:

FJ-Warez said:

"A technology demo is a prototype, rough example or an otherwise incomplete version of a product, put together with the primary purpose of showcasing the idea, performance, method or the features of the product."

The key word there is "or".

NJ5 said:
FJ-Warez said:

If you a going to sell a game engine, are you going to make a video featuring things that can't be made on real time???

By me:

FJ-Warez said:
NJ5 said:
FJ-Warez said:

If you a going to sell a game engine, are you going to make a video featuring things that can't be made on real time???

Probably not, but depending on the circumstances I might. Maybe you want to show something which isn't yet optimized in a preliminary version, for example.