By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Amazing new PS3 tech demo

I didn't mind the soundtrack though. Lol

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Around the Network

i think this is a new engine demo.... idk if you guys paid any attention to anything but I saw quite a few things that were quite impressive.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

They better turn that into a game.

Sony Santa Monica ehh, wonder if that running on the GOW3 engine.

To the guys saying there were no physical interactions, did you not see the giant squid-like thing running into everything near the end? It's as if you guys didn't watch the entire video. :|

Though the physics weren't very impressive, imo. Everything would fall in slowmo.

DKII said:
It can be a tech demo of a graphics engine or something of the like you know. ;>
Yes but like the recent GOW2 tech demo. At points they controlled it to show how a player interacts. It strains the cpu more. Pre animated means nothing. 

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
To the guys saying there were no physical interactions, did you not see the giant squid-like thing running into everything near the end? It's as if you guys didn't watch the entire video. :|

Though the physics weren't very impressive, imo. Everything would fall in slowmo.
PRE ANIMATED IS NOT A PHYSICS ENGINE. Dont you see that. Player interaction would change everything. 

leo-j said:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/195831.html#new_comment

Amazing physics if you ask me.

You... don't know what physics are do you?

FF13 looks better in my opinion

makingmusic476 said:

It was all pre-animated.  Physics don't exist in a cutscene.  Anyone can make something fall realistically in a cutscene because it's a cutscene.

A physics demo would allow you to control something and break objects in many different ways to see how they fall apart, or throw objects in different ways to see how they fall... etc.

For example, if you've ever seen elebits.  A stage of that would be a good physics demo.

leo-j said:
NJ5 said:
Physics? There's almost no interaction between objects there, it seems more about graphics.

Or how many things can be on screen at the same time? Graphicly its not that impressive. Therefore it has to do something with physics, I think this is the CELL running alone without the GPU.

Hate to break it to you, but when you see a bunch of objects moving in a predetermined path like they were in that video, that isn't physics, that's just something moving along a spline path. 

Plus, even if that was all real time (which I'm not convinced it is), it's easy to draw a bunch of things on screen at once when you don't have to worry about vis and everything that could be going on in the background of an actual game. 

WTF? o.O

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus