By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Considering Making PSVR PC Compatible In The Future

And as I kept pointing out, this is why Sony consider PSVR  a 'platform':

Masayasu Ito of Sony told Nikkei during an interview, that they are considering plans to make PSVR compatible with the PC. He mentioned that both the PS4 and the PC share the same graphics architecture and processor, so it is not entirely impossible for it to happen.

However they are focusing on the PSVR titles for the PS4, so they said to not expect it in the near future.

http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXMZO98760930T20C16A3000000/

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Not only this. Kaz Hirai recently stated that PS VR will be of great use for Sony as a whole, starting obviously, with games. Soon, I expect Xperia support and other uses... somehow.

3DS, Wii, PSP, Vita, PS2, PS3, PS4 & Steam.

With PSNow, mobiles and now this, Sony sure is branching out.

PSVR is just the start. Both it and Neo are turning the corner from being gaming toys, to consumer electronics. in a couple more years we will be seeing new PSVR and PS Consoles every year just like we see with TV's and A/V equipment. PlayStation is the new Sony, and it will slowly over take and replace Bravia, Xperia, and the rest of Sony's electronics, finally giving them a single unified brand.

They will also continue to open up allowing people to experience Sony wherever they prefer, with the best experience by far on PlayStation devices.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Yeah I personally think they should use it to push the ps4 but these things when tied to a console can easily fizzle out after 2/3 years like the Kinect.

I think branching out to the pc market after a couple of years would be for the best.

Ps now, PS VUE and ps VR all suited for pc.

Around the Network
KBG29 said:
PSVR is just the start. Both it and Neo are turning the corner from being gaming toys, to consumer electronics. in a couple more years we will be seeing new PSVR and PS Consoles every year just like we see with TV's and A/V equipment. PlayStation is the new Sony, and it will slowly over take and replace Bravia, Xperia, and the rest of Sony's electronics, finally giving them a single unified brand.

They will also continue to open up allowing people to experience Sony wherever they prefer, with the best experience by far on PlayStation devices.

BINGO!

Will you marry me?

The PS5 Exists. 

If Sony gets this PS VR done right, its gonna be a huge hit

KBG29 said:

*chuckles*

They should do it from the start. I'd rather not have to buy more than one headset.

I think it's a good strategy ,they focus first on console where there's no competition and once the technology cost reduce they can attack the pc market.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m