By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - No Man's Sky: What This Fan Really Thinks After 100 Hours

Just got my Plat trophy, it was the best way to get the feeling that I've finished the game. And I didn't get to the center of the galaxy. I don't know how many hours I needed for that, but it happened naturally, I just wanted to do the few things this game tells you to.

Overall it was a nice surprise, but I had this strange feeling when I had longer playtimes and kept thinking "Why am I still doing this?" But I just couldn't stop seaching for the next Atlas Interface and keep on doing it forever. In fact the game gets so much better when it tells you what to do next, like when you follow Atlas Interface path.

After the Platinum Trophy I feel like I can delete the game and start playing something else...but maybe play again when we get some future features.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

Oh, yes, there are more galaxies. I actually loved the transition to the next galaxy even though some people were disappointed. It immediately gives you 'things that must be done'.

I'm not giving up on the game, just openly expressing my honest opinion after 100 hours of satisfaction. It's not really a game you 'finish' as such and that's what's lead to the boredom. Add 'meaningful' content that has new game loops and I'll be happy as Dandy again.

i've been wanting to express concerns for quite some time now but in all the 'noise' my little whisper would have been taken out of context and used to beat the dead donkey even more. Motives are important to me and I'm saying this out of love for the concept, love for the 100 hours I enjoyed it and respect for the guts to attempt the impossible. As my sig says: 'hate doesn't impress me.'

edit: I've changed the title slightly in order to best express my lead up to this opinion.

I'm looking forward to the next galaxy. Once I get the last word of Gek I might be able to get myself in gear to get going a bit.

I burned out on Elite Dangerous too, then got back with the Horizons expansions for another 4 or 5 months. That was stretched out by the community though. Following the distant worlds expedition kept me going or I would have stopped a lot sooner. Consequently my ship is now on the other end of the Galaxy, kinda game over. Any new addition will have to be awesome enough to make the minimum 40 hour trek back or start over by comitting suicide.

At least you don't have to get back anywhere in NMS when new content hits.

You got a 100 hours out of it.

KLAMarine said:

He did. Good of you to pay attention...

KLXVER said:
KLAMarine said:

He did. Good of you to pay attention...

I made sure to read every word.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
vivster said:
It's good enough for me to get once it's discounted and they figured out how to make it singleplayer.

What? Its single player only...

I guess it must've been myself then that named all the planets and creatures before I started playing.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
KLXVER said:

What? Its single player only...

I guess it must've been myself then that named all the planets and creatures before I started playing.

You can choose to give them a different name. Everything in the game has a name to begin with.

KLXVER said:
vivster said:

You can choose to give them a different name. Everything in the game has a name to begin with.

I know, which is fine. But I won't have some filthy other players ruin my personal adventure. It's the same issue I have with Dark Souls. I play a singleplayer game to be alone. If I want other people intruding on my turf and ruining my day I visit VGC.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
KLXVER said:

I know, which is fine. But I won't have some filthy other players ruin my personal adventure. It's the same issue I have with Dark Souls. I play a singleplayer game to be alone. If I want other people intruding on my turf and ruining my day I visit VGC.

Then play them offline...

I said when they first showed it .It looks like it will get boring quick and looks repetitive as hell.