By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GameXplain Pinpoints the 10+ Regional Tower Maps' Location in Zelda Botw!

Warning!: You're on the wrong thread if you're on a media blackout for Zelda: BoTW

In Zelda Breath of the Wild, there are about 15 regions in the overworld. Each region has a tower you visit to download that region's map. We seen this once at E3 at the Great Plateau. Gamexplain has been able to find over 10 of these towers and pinpoin their location overworld map from the 10+ hour of BotW footage from E3!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNP3eQ1ct1Q

Their BotW analysis video is over 2 hours so if you want to skip to their map analysis go to the 1:26:00 mark (that's 1 hour and 26 minute)

But if you can't watch the video and just want to know where the map towers are, here you go:

Higher Def link for screenshot: http://oi67.tinypic.com/2i8aku8.jpg

Obviously T = Tower.

For reference, the region with detail in the pic above is the Great Plateau which we've mainly seen at E3. And GX measure it to be 1-2% of the entire overworld. This is pretty crazy since I wasn't sure if there were negative spaces in this overworld map but it seems like every pixel in this map is an actual place you can explore!

Around the Network

2 hours?! Holy shit, now I know what I will be doing tomorrow!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

t3mporary_126 said:

Obviously T = Tower.

For reference, the region with detail in the pic above is the Great Plateau which we've mainly seen at E3. And GX measure it to be 1-2% of the entire overworld. This is pretty crazy since I wasn't sure if there were negative spaces in this overworld map but it seems like every pixel in this map is an actual place you can explore!

Please, to everybody that is misunderstanding this just stop misunderstanding it cause someone is gonna be disspointed in a very stupid way.

No, the great Plateu is not a 2% of the map, the demo presented on the E3 has a 2% of the content of the game, wich doesn't mean that the overworld is 50 times bigger than the big Plateau, that would be ridiculously huge.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

Please, to everybody that is misunderstanding this just stop misunderstanding it cause someone is gonna be disspointed in a very stupid way.

No, the great Plateu is not a 2% of the map, the demo presented on the E3 has a 2% of the content of the game, wich doesn't mean that the overworld is 50 times bigger than the big Plateau, that would be ridiculously huge.

Maybe, maybe not. Watch the video at 1:23:00 - 1:26:00. They claim Nintendo said the plateau was 2% of the overworld map and they try scaling it. Of course, if it doesn't end up being that big, then it's just GameXplain getting it wrong then.

In any case, here's GX scaling the map if the Great Plateau truly is 1-2% of the entire world map

As we can see, it isn't entirely unreasonable to see the Great Plateau being 1-2% of the entire overworld map. Some of the pixels in the map not be totally explorable though since at 1.1%, the entire square map isn't fully covered yet. 

And personally, the Great Plateau looks a little bigger, if not, the same size as New LA in Xenoblade X and that was only about a few percent of X's overworld as well. So BotW map size isn't unprecedented. 

Edit: Found Xeno X overworld map:

Blue Circle in the southern pink region is NLA

Gamexplain putting in that work! I enjoy their analysis a lot, although this one is quite long.

Goodnightmoon said:
t3mporary_126 said:

Obviously T = Tower.

Acctually according to to gamexplains sleuthing the map seems to be even bigger than 50 times the great plateau.

They pixelcounted and scaled it and even their highest estimate comfortably fits within the confines of the overworld map screen with space to spare left and right. And since they established that the map basically has no negative space that would mean it's slightly bigger than 66 or even 91 times the plateau.

The bigger question is how much variety there will be in the environments and how much there will be to do.

SuperNova said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Acctually according to to gamexplains sleuthing the map seems to be even bigger than 50 times the great plateau.

They pixelcounted and scaled it and even their highest estimate comfortably fits within the confines of the overworld map screen with space to spare left and right. And since they established that the map basically has no negative space that would mean it's slightly bigger than 66 or even 91 times the plateau.

The bigger question is how much variety there will be in the environments and how much there will be to do.

I have always thought that they were talking about 2% of overall content, if it turns up to be 2% of the terrain that would be just too mindblowing for a Zelda game, but I guess they may be right, I still find hard to believe it though.