By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rate Sept 1st Nintendo 3DS Direct!

Is Pikmin for 3DS actually Pikmin 4?

Yes 37 22.42%

No 128 77.58%

Total:165

7/10

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Loved it, the 3DS still has a lot of life! 2017 looks like a great year for the 3DS. Loved the Poochy amiibo, the idea of a 2D Pikmin game on the 3DS, and the different Legend of Zelda amiibos. Only disappointed by the lack of amiibos for Cloud/Bayonetta/Corrin. I'm still waiting for those 3!

Also, it would be more interesting if, instead of Olimar, they'd make Looie the protagonist of this new Pikmin 3DS game. So we get more character development for poor old Looie, and maybe a new skin for Olimar on Smash Bros!

7/10 for 3DS owners
0/10 for Wii U owners

8/10 for me. A good few things in there I legitimately enjoyed seeing, and I really wasn't expecting much.

V-r0cK said:
7/10 for 3DS owners
0/10 for Wii U owners

It makes sense since it was a 3DS direct and not a wiiu one.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
V-r0cK said:
7/10 for 3DS owners
0/10 for Wii U owners

0/10 for PS4 owners

Goodnightmoon said:
V-r0cK said:
7/10 for 3DS owners
0/10 for Wii U owners

lol just stating the obvious :P

Oh yeah, I didn't rate this. 2/10 - had almost nothing at all for me.
Got basically no info on Pokemon, got literally nothing new from Ever Oasis, inferior Wii U ports are obviously irrelevant, Pikmin 4 Babiez - nuff said, and the rest was localizations we already know almost everything about, though dates are still good. Mario Sports is the only reason I give this direct any points as I definitely like the concept, but need to see if each individual sport is actually fleshed out or were just half-assedly thrown together.

Einsam_Delphin said:

Oh yeah, I didn't rate this. 2/10 - had almost nothing at all for me.
Got basically no info on Pokemon, got literally nothing new from Ever Oasis, inferior Wii U ports are obviously irrelevant, Pikmin 4 Babiez - nuff said, and the rest was localizations we already know almost everything about, though dates are still good. Mario Sports is the only reason I give this direct any points as I definitely like the concept, but need to see if each individual sport is actually fleshed out or were just half-assedly thrown together.

You mean this concept?

I'd say 7/10. I saw more or less what I was expecting with Pokemon, Mario Party, Phoenix Wright, Dragon Code, Shin Megami Tensei, Dragon Quest VII and a little more footage of Ever Oasis and Dragon Quest VIII. I'll definitely be getting both Dragon Quests and Pokemon, and I'll be keeping an eye on Dragon Code and Ever Oasis.

I wasn't expecting the Wii U ports or the two new titles, though. I'm definitely interested in Pikmin 3DS and Mario Sports, though the latter could fall down if the individual sports vary wildly in quality. The Wii U ports are actually the two first party Wii U games I want that I haven't bought yet. I'll probably pick up the 3DS Woolly World if the extra content is good, though I'm not sure about Mario Maker. I'm not massively interested in content creation so ostensibly the lack of online sharing shouldn't bother me too much (you can at least download more levels) but I'll probably wait for reviews and fan feedback before I consider picking it up. It seems odd to drop the ID system in particular, which would allow 3DS users to search for courses. If they had (or add) that functionality, I'd pick it up because I'm more likely to dip in and out of Mario Maker to play around on courses, and that suits my 3DS.

A little disappointed we didn't hear anything about Lady Layton or Monster Hunter Stories, but I expect they'll end up being localised in time for the second half of 2017, if Mario Sports, Pikmin, Dragon Quest VIII, Ever Oasis and Yoshi are launching in the first half of 2017. I don't really care for the amiibo news or Streetpass updates, or the Animal Crossing update, but it's good to see a variety of announcements and a decently paced Direct.