By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 72 - Six Suspects

Stefl1504 said:
Stefl1504 said:

Surgeonryan

with this:

TOWN WINS (for all that didn't read the small text)

Just as the investigative force from the city arrives, Walter Edding, beaten up, near death, gets tossed out one of the top story windows. I walk up to him and as he notices me, drawing one of this last breaths, he starts to smile and declares: "Hah, you were next on my list, I got your wife, all the people in town you cherished so much." He starts to cough a bit of blood. "That the doc died was an accident, but as Davis found out it was me, he didn't believe me that it was" His voice grows weaker as he continues. "It was actually thrilling to pierce his heart, and I started to realise I could back at all of you, make you all suffer too, like I did." A final "I hated..." gets carried from his chest as his life ends.

I just liked to also play some mindgames >_>

What do you mean?

Around the Network
XanderXT said:
theprof00 said:
im honestly very surprised that you believed all that nonsense he just said.

I didn't actually believe him. He laid it a bit too thick. It's just that he was right. There was no supposed lynch.

Edit: I will explain myself. He was trying to appeal to my emotions, which made me suspicious. But he also had another point where prof would have been eliminitated first, because none of us are as good as him.

Actually stefl just said that he didn't end the day on time, which allowed me to unvote, which stopped the lynch.

I assumed the same, that he laid it on a bit thick and played to your emotions and that would make you suspect his intentions.

Lastly, prof being eliminated first is a really bad strategy. I've had plenty of town games where I was not eliminated first, only to force me into claiming on a later day. It's fundamentally a poor strategy to just assume that if I'm not killed, I'm scum. It's damaging to the entire game, no matter what side I'm on. And given the ratios, it's much more likely to hurt town than it is to hurt mafia.

I didn't really play day 3 as well as I could have because I knew it was going to be a 50/50 shot either way. Xander is new enough to not understand certain meta, and if I had tried harder, it might've worked against me instead. I credit the lynch to that dumb idea of prof being alive = mafia prof.
Sucks, but what can you do in that situation?

Like I said, I really expected xander to be more suspicious of spurge. Especially about the day 1 lynch thing, because spurge was wrong, and xander believed him because xander was probably not following the game. Spurge's accusations really came off as flailing, and I expected xander to see that.

spurgeonryan said:
Agree, but I wasnt about to tell him that.

Also usually people doctor the prof anyways or he gets so much attention no one will touch him because they think town power roles will watch him.

exactly. I'm almost guaranteed watched or doctored the first night. I think I have the record for actions taken against me on a night one. I think it was 6 or 7. Watched, doctored, tracked, attacked, copped, roleblocked

Nice playing with you getleman, this was a really good game. See you all in the next mafia game ;).

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network
XanderXT said:
Stefl1504 said:

I just liked to also play some mindgames >_>

What do you mean?

by not actually posting which team won blatantly in the day end post

Talking about it, I would be willing to set up the sign-ups for the next game, and tend to them, but we'd need to have a host.

#onlydoingitsoicanplaytoo

theprof00 said:
XanderXT said:

I didn't actually believe him. He laid it a bit too thick. It's just that he was right. There was no supposed lynch.

Edit: I will explain myself. He was trying to appeal to my emotions, which made me suspicious. But he also had another point where prof would have been eliminitated first, because none of us are as good as him.

Actually stefl just said that he didn't end the day on time, which allowed me to unvote, which stopped the lynch.

I assumed the same, that he laid it on a bit thick and played to your emotions and that would make you suspect his intentions.

Lastly, prof being eliminated first is a really bad strategy. I've had plenty of town games where I was not eliminated first, only to force me into claiming on a later day. It's fundamentally a poor strategy to just assume that if I'm not killed, I'm scum. It's damaging to the entire game, no matter what side I'm on. And given the ratios, it's much more likely to hurt town than it is to hurt mafia.

I was half asleep when I read that. I was studying for my quarterly assesments, so I didn't remember about the Stefl not being able to end the day.

It's sheer luck that Stefl forgot to end the day as soon as possible, and that I, as a noob, thought that was how things were supposed to be.

zero129 said:
Great game guys and congrats Spurge.
@Prof you made the right choice killing me, after Mr.P flipped town i would of came after you.
I even said it in a message to Stefle that i bet your the mafia.
I was also going to go after you before Mr.P but i found it hard to believe you would be mafia again.
And Mr.P really didnt help his case with all the talk of 2 roles who can only talk to each other.
Guys Put my name in for the next game .

haha I know. I was considering killing you day 1 because I can never trust you past a certain point. At a certain day you just are like, dude, prof is alive we need to lynch. :D

zero129 said:
Great game guys and congrats Spurge.
@Prof you made the right choice killing me, after Mr.P flipped town i would of came after you.
I even said it in a message to Stefle that i bet your the mafia.
I was also going to go after you before Mr.P but i found it hard to believe you would be mafia again.
And Mr.P really didnt help his case with all the talk of 2 roles who can only talk to each other.
Guys Put my name in for the next game .

Spurge mentioned the not talking to each other part. I just mentioned a short E-Mail which is exactly what town people recieved.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P