By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. September bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Wait ... please tell me Dark_Feanor wasn't serious.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Swordmasterman said:

It will be interesting to see how Microsoft will market the Scorpio, will they do like Sony and market as a more powerful Xbox, or will they market it as a next gen Xbox despite their "Beyond Generations"  thing ?

If they say that Scorpio is a next gen console, they would lose a lot of sales, but it would not matter  when they are a few months away from Scorpio, like on E3.

I've given it a little thought but not enough just yet. As my thinking stands at the moment, I can see more value from a PR perspective for MS to 'persuade' people it's the start of a new generation. This way they can post numbers and claim victory every month for quite some time.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Wait ... please tell me Dark_Feanor wasn't serious.

I asked himf or clarification but never got a reply. I was not attacking him I jsut wanted to know what exactly he meant or why he thought some of those things.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:

I asked himf or clarification but never got a reply. I was not attacking him I jsut wanted to know what exactly he meant or why he thought some of those things.

What he said was so outlandish that I was convinced he was just messing about. If he was serious, I don't know what to say.

The PS5 Exists. 

Ariakon said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Wait what? Are you saying you think the XB1 will win every month until Scorpio launch? Including this month? Or did I read that wrong?

And why did yous ay the PS4 slim is dead in the water? I think when Sony stops the OG PS4 BO3 bundle the PS4s sales will rise. Time will tell of course but those are just my thoughts.

Yeah, I think he meant the pro launch, as otherwise he has the One winning the next 15 months or so in a row. 

No, the XO S will beat the PS4 S most of the months for the next year or só, including this month... I guess.

If you don't have a PS4 the pro is the way to go.

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:

No, the XO S will beat the PS4 S most of the months for the next year or só, including this month... I guess.

You're welcome to that opinion but why on earth are you posting it in the Amazon thread? Nothing at all during this month suggests anything but a PS4 win. If you're just going to come into the Amazon thread and post something that's at complete odds with what Amazon is telling us, what's the point in posting it here?

The PS5 Exists. 

Dark_Feanor said:
Ariakon said:

Yeah, I think he meant the pro launch, as otherwise he has the One winning the next 15 months or so in a row. 

Ohhhhhhhh you are saying the XB1s will sell more than the PS4s not that the XB1 will sell more than the PS4......kind of odd to break it down like that really. But now I get what you are saying.

GribbleGrunger said:
Dark_Feanor said:

You're welcome to that opinion but why on earth are you posting it in the Amazon thread? Nothing at all during this month suggests anything but a PS4 win.

No I think he is saying that the XB1s will sell more than the PS4s not that the XB1 will sell more thant he PS4.

TheBlackNaruto said:

No I think he is saying that the XB1s will sell more than the PS4s not that the XB1 will sell more thant he PS4.

What sense does that make? Whether it's an OG PS4, PS4 Slim or a PS4 Pro, it's a sale for the PS4. Is this the direction people are going to go in order to squeeze out some kind of token win? My God. And he's wrong about the PS4 slim anyway. I really don't understand why people keep doing this to themselves.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

What sense does that make? Whether it's an OG PS4, PS4 Slim or a PS4 Pro, it's a sale for the PS4. Is this the direction people are going to go in order to squeeze out some kind of token win? My God.

Hey I said it was an odd break down if that is what he meant. But to each his/her own I guess.